Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
May 4, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #7,036 of 7,352
If given a choice,is it better to get an isine 10 with a v1 Ci-her cable or go for the v2

I`d go with V2. It is balanced and also is much easier to use because V1 has this weird flat design and way too heavy remote.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #7,038 of 7,352
Does anyone use the iSine 10 with the cypher cable DSP as is, and not adjust the EQ? I can’t. It sounds way too dark and muffled to me.

May 4, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #7,039 of 7,352
Does anyone use the iSine 10 with the cypher cable DSP as is, and not adjust the EQ? I can’t. It sounds way too dark and muffled to me.
I don't use my 10's that often these days (preferring to use the Klipsch HP-3's) but I when I do I usually keep it flat and don't EQ. I tried messing with the EQ when I got them but found myself changing it every time I changed albums. But I tend to not use EQ for any of my headhones, just prefer to let each do it's thing. My justification for having more than a few.

May 4, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #7,040 of 7,352
I don't use my 10's that often these days (preferring to use the Klipsch HP-3's) but I when I do I usually keep it flat and don't EQ. I tried messing with the EQ when I got them but found myself changing it every time I changed albums. But I tend to not use EQ for any of my headhones, just prefer to let each do it's thing. My justification for having more than a few.

I also typically prefer not to use EQ with my headphones/earphones in general, and I too find myself constantly messing with the Audeze EQ settings, but I can’t stand leaving it flat. Mine just sound very dark when EQ is flat. I have the V2 cipher cable.

May 4, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #7,041 of 7,352
I will often use the V2 Cipher cable with EQ via Audeze app to add 2-3 dB of treble on my iSine10; but I don't use any EQ on my iPhone settings, not even when using the iSine10 with the Bluetooth cable.

May 4, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #7,042 of 7,352
I also typically prefer not to use EQ with my headphones/earphones in general, and I too find myself constantly messing with the Audeze EQ settings, but I can’t stand leaving it flat. Mine just sound very dark when EQ is flat. I have the V2 cipher cable.
If I get the 10's positioned in my ears just right I'm surprised how close they sound to my Klipsch HP-3's at times, up to certain volume levels. The devil is in the details with the fitment of these, though now that I'm using the earfins I'm getting more consistant sound vs the old earhooks which didn't work well for me at all. Am interested in the i3's, but don't know if I want to pay that much and have fitment issues.

May 8, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #7,045 of 7,352
So just got my iSine10s today and the first 30 mins of listening all I can say is they are different. I'm using the 3.5 cable as I don't own any iproducts and I can say bass, mids and highs are present. Bass/mid bass are most prevalent with mids and highs seem veiled. They seem very detailed as I can hear the space of a room on some of my favorite youtube channels. I hope to try them gaming tonight and see what happens playing a shooter.
I'm not sure if I like them yet or not....kinda like my nighthawks they are just so different from what I am used too.

May 8, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #7,046 of 7,352
So just got my iSine10s today and the first 30 mins of listening all I can say is they are different. I'm using the 3.5 cable as I don't own any iproducts and I can say bass, mids and highs are present. Bass/mid bass are most prevalent with mids and highs seem veiled. They seem very detailed as I can hear the space of a room on some of my favorite youtube channels. I hope to try them gaming tonight and see what happens playing a shooter.
I'm not sure if I like them yet or not....kinda like my nighthawks they are just so different from what I am used too.

Get the iSine Lighting cable and the Anker usb c lightning audio adapter.. this way you would be able to use iSines with your laptop.. and the sound tonality will be much better

May 8, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #7,047 of 7,352
Get the iSine Lighting cable and the Anker usb c lightning audio adapter.. this way you would be able to use iSines with your laptop.. and the sound tonality will be much better

I don't think they sound bad at all. If I wanted to get crazy with my eq on my 788 I could probably get them to be more mid forward. What is really fun so far is listening how DIRAC widens these IEH's even more than they are already, it's trippy.

May 10, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #7,048 of 7,352
Well I have to get ahold of Audeze, the connection at the strain relief is faulty. Guess this also gives me a good excuse to try the BT cipher cable too.

May 15, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #7,049 of 7,352
Hi all, I just got the LX from an online deal, and overall they sound good. I am using the reveal plugin with equalizer apo. and therefore (supposedly) have the desired sound target by Audeze.
The setting is isine10/lx

However, I can't help but feel like there is a treble roll off, and nasally midrange, on top of not being very transparent. Is this just how they sound?

1. More specifically, I am wondering if anyone has an eq tailored to the lx, or even the 10. Settings should be in parametric eq form so that I can plug into equalizerapo.

2. An unrelated request, but what's a diy solution for earhooks? While the iems are light enough to fit in my ear, the previous owner didn't send the accessories with it.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back