Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 19, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #6,106 of 7,352
Here's some links, provided to me by Frank88 himself:

Here are the ear hooks on Amazon you will need to buy:
https://www.amazon.com/PL-Samsung-W...531025807&sr=8-72&keywords=bluetooth+ear+hook

And same ear hooks here on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5mm...396.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dCGcqHJ

And same again here on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/lot-5-10Pa...var=441361100816&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's a thinner clear set as another option. These fit smaller ears a little better than the black ones:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10m...1359-4a4c-a5e6-610d6677d5d7&priceBeautifyAB=0

10 mm diameter would fit isine?

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #6,107 of 7,352
Just got a pair of the 10s yesterday and I gotta say the 3.5mm cable is pretty disappointing so far. The soundstage and imaging are incredible but everything seems muffled as if someone was holding a layer of foam over the instruments. Anyone else experienced this? It may just be due to my lack of proper amp/cipher cable, but was just curious if anyone had insight into this.

Also, comfort has been a huge issue as it seems Audeze is no longer shipping these with the EarLocks, which I feel may drastically improve comfort for me. A workaround I have currently is the WingTips that come with the Bose Soundsport free, which are much much more comfortable than the Hooks.

Anyone found a different alternative to the EarLocks to boost comfort on these?
What kind of source are you listening? DAP, smartphone, laptop or head amp?

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #6,108 of 7,352
What kind of source are you listening? DAP, smartphone, laptop or head amp?

So far, I have tested with an iPhone 6S, through the 3.5mm port on my PC with no amp/dac, and through a miniDAC via USB on PC. I also have applied the Reveal Plugin via Equalizer APO. I have owned mid-tier IEMs such as the FLC8s and the PFE 232, and I can tell that the soundstage/separation of these is a tier above, but there just seems to be a lack of clarity that I can't put a finger on. Maybe it's just a characteristic of the buds? Its like the sound from one instrument muddles the sound of the others around it.

+1 for the Reveal Plugin though, it really does wonders from the stock sound.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #6,109 of 7,352
Just got a pair of the 10s yesterday and I gotta say the 3.5mm cable is pretty disappointing so far. The soundstage and imaging are incredible but everything seems muffled as if someone was holding a layer of foam over the instruments. Anyone else experienced this? It may just be due to my lack of proper amp/cipher cable, but was just curious if anyone had insight into this.

Also, comfort has been a huge issue as it seems Audeze is no longer shipping these with the EarLocks, which I feel may drastically improve comfort for me. A workaround I have currently is the WingTips that come with the Bose Soundsport free, which are much much more comfortable than the Hooks.

Anyone found a different alternative to the EarLocks to boost comfort on these?

This mirrors my experience exactly with the 20s. I will only listen to them via the Cipher cable out of my iPhone. Anything else feels muffled, muddy - I know a lot of people here EQ to fix that, but I haven't found anything that comes close to the Cipher cable out of an iPhone/iPad

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #6,110 of 7,352

No proper amplifier, no Cipher, and very likely no EQ correction of any kind. But it's fault of the cable!! Makes sense!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #6,112 of 7,352
See post above, am using the Reveal plugin with a miniDAC. Also wasn’t necessarily blaming the cable, Moreso asking if this may be due to the cable/amplification.

My mistake, I thought you said you are not impressed with the cable.

As we all know, cable is most important part of the chain. Headphones themselves, source, amps - all meaningless, unless your cable costs at least $400.00. Anything lower cost will simply not conduct electriciry the same way!! It's not as if copper is copper.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #6,113 of 7,352
So far, I have tested with an iPhone 6S, through the 3.5mm port on my PC with no amp/dac, and through a miniDAC via USB on PC. I also have applied the Reveal Plugin via Equalizer APO. I have owned mid-tier IEMs such as the FLC8s and the PFE 232, and I can tell that the soundstage/separation of these is a tier above, but there just seems to be a lack of clarity that I can't put a finger on. Maybe it's just a characteristic of the buds? Its like the sound from one instrument muddles the sound of the others around it.

+1 for the Reveal Plugin though, it really does wonders from the stock sound.

The iSine pairs well with my Shanling M5s (Single End output). Sounds either good without EQ or with customized EQ. I will test the balanced output when my cable arrives.

I use Hiby Music in my Galaxy Note8 without EQ. You are right, the vocal is a little bit blurred and muddle. Try to match the EQ setting of the Cipher cable, the sound improves a bit. The tonality becomes clearer!

So I would think the iSine needs a good and enough power source to pair with. I have noticed that I have to use high volume on my phone.
Have no iPhone to test with the Cipher cable yet, and this cable becomes useless to me!:L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #6,116 of 7,352
10 mm diameter would fit isine?
No, you buy the ones in the listing and replace the horseshoe clips with Frank88's. The clips slide out of the end of the hooks.

Jan 20, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #6,118 of 7,352
They are useful in places that are intermittently loud, and when you need to hear what is going on around you. I use them at home and can have a short conversation with those around me with them on, whereas closed BT headphones I have to take them off to talk and listen.

They really work well for podcasts, actually, because it is like having the podcast playing in your head while still being aware of and interacting with those around you. I can hear the other person and shift my attention to them and then pause the podcast to talk - vs. see mouth move/pause podcast/remove closed BT headphones/ask them to repeat.

I haven’t tried them on walks yet, but it probably would be good there, too, if the trail or path is fairly quiet - or if isolation is potentially dangerous (like when crossing a street).

I've been using them (previously with 10s and now with 20s) when I go running for that very reason. I need to be able to hear what's going on around me. I should have my BT any day now. I'm curious if I'll be able to use them for running or if they'll bounce around too much. If that's the case, I'll try with a clip which is how I make the cable work today.

Jan 20, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #6,119 of 7,352
I use my 20s with the stock cable, Schitt M/M PC / Foobar as source and the Cipher V1 convolver presets from earlier in this thread. Sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back