1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones

First

Back
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407
409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last
  1. acia
    10 mm diameter would fit isine?

2. vodanhkhack
    What kind of source are you listening? DAP, smartphone, laptop or head amp?

3. taostaXIII
    So far, I have tested with an iPhone 6S, through the 3.5mm port on my PC with no amp/dac, and through a miniDAC via USB on PC. I also have applied the Reveal Plugin via Equalizer APO. I have owned mid-tier IEMs such as the FLC8s and the PFE 232, and I can tell that the soundstage/separation of these is a tier above, but there just seems to be a lack of clarity that I can't put a finger on. Maybe it's just a characteristic of the buds? Its like the sound from one instrument muddles the sound of the others around it.

+1 for the Reveal Plugin though, it really does wonders from the stock sound.

4. Spadge
    This mirrors my experience exactly with the 20s. I will only listen to them via the Cipher cable out of my iPhone. Anything else feels muffled, muddy - I know a lot of people here EQ to fix that, but I haven't found anything that comes close to the Cipher cable out of an iPhone/iPad

HeavenNotes likes this.
  5. whitemouse
    No proper amplifier, no Cipher, and very likely no EQ correction of any kind. But it's fault of the cable!! Makes sense!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  6. taostaXIII
    See post above, am using the Reveal plugin with a miniDAC. Also wasn’t necessarily blaming the cable, Moreso asking if this may be due to the cable/amplification.

7. whitemouse
    My mistake, I thought you said you are not impressed with the cable.

As we all know, cable is most important part of the chain. Headphones themselves, source, amps - all meaningless, unless your cable costs at least $400.00. Anything lower cost will simply not conduct electriciry the same way!! It's not as if copper is copper.

8. vodanhkhack
    The iSine pairs well with my Shanling M5s (Single End output). Sounds either good without EQ or with customized EQ. I will test the balanced output when my cable arrives.

I use Hiby Music in my Galaxy Note8 without EQ. You are right, the vocal is a little bit blurred and muddle. Try to match the EQ setting of the Cipher cable, the sound improves a bit. The tonality becomes clearer!

So I would think the iSine needs a good and enough power source to pair with. I have noticed that I have to use high volume on my phone.
    Have no iPhone to test with the Cipher cable yet, and this cable becomes useless to me!:L3000:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  9. Vitandus
    The iSines need power to deliver their full capability and EQ as well. They're not plug and go for most folks' listening tastes .

10. taostaXIII
    Would the Cipher Cable be considered a decent (budget) alternative to buying an amp/DAC to fuel these? I apologize, I don't have much experience with non-plug n play side of things

11. Sir Metal
    No, you buy the ones in the listing and replace the horseshoe clips with Frank88's. The clips slide out of the end of the hooks.

12. Vitandus
    For listening to an iPhone or Bluetooth device, yes.

13. donato
    I've been using them (previously with 10s and now with 20s) when I go running for that very reason. I need to be able to hear what's going on around me. I should have my BT any day now. I'm curious if I'll be able to use them for running or if they'll bounce around too much. If that's the case, I'll try with a clip which is how I make the cable work today.

14. Deckard916
    I use my 20s with the stock cable, Schitt M/M PC / Foobar as source and the Cipher V1 convolver presets from earlier in this thread. Sounds amazing.

15. metaldood
    Anyone else receive the BT cable? Any more reviews?

First

Back
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407
409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last