Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jan 20, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #6,121 of 7,352
The biggest negative is that the Audeze EQ doesn't work over BT, so the set sounds ok, but not nearly as good as via lightning.

Wow....that is unexpected and a bummer for me. I am wondering if they are going to change that via update?

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #6,122 of 7,352
Wow....that is unexpected and a bummer for me. I am wondering if they are going to change that via update?
BT cable also has the same DSP tuning as the Cipher lightning cable. Both should sound the same 'out of the box' within the limitation of the BT codec. What you won't get with BT is is the 10-band EQ you can do on top of the inbuilt tuning. However, you can also accomplish the same using apps that support 10 band EQ.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #6,123 of 7,352
BT cable also has the same DSP tuning as the Cipher lightning cable. Both should sound the same 'out of the box' within the limitation of the BT codec. What you won't get with BT is is the 10-band EQ you can do on top of the inbuilt tuning. However, you can also accomplish the same using apps that support 10 band EQ.
Except on the Sony NW-A45. Looks like Sony doesn't allow EQing the bluetooth signal. Not that it needs it IMO.

Jan 21, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #6,124 of 7,352

Well....I want to use EQ for Apple music, like it did with the Cypher cable until now. So it`s a bummer for me that it`s not possible with BT. I am wondering why? Radsone can do it, too - so it should be technically possible. That is why I hope there will be a future update...

Jan 21, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #6,125 of 7,352
@KMann

Is possible to tell us why Audeze can't just make a 3.5mm cable with the DAC tuning included like the Cipher Lighting cable please?

That would make it easier for everyone to enjoy.

I would really appreciate your reply and thoughts.

Thank you

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #6,126 of 7,352
@KMann

Is possible to tell us why Audeze can't just make a 3.5mm cable with the DAC tuning included like the Cipher Lighting cable please?

Thank you

Because for a built-in DAC (also its DSP etc) to work you need a digital output. 3.5mm headphone jack is unfortunately an analog output, thus it is not possible to incorporate a DAC with it.

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #6,127 of 7,352
Because for a built-in DAC (also its DSP etc) to work you need a digital output. 3.5mm headphone jack is unfortunately an analog output, thus it is not possible to incorporate a DAC with it.

And DSP needs power, analogue Single Ended output does not do that. Lightning provides power to Cipher. USB output, naturally, would just as well. There are many USB DACs , far more than Lightning based DACs. Other than Cipher, I can't think of a single Lightning only DAC.

To built Cipher on a 3.5mm analogue output, it would need to be an amplifier with an EQ, and it will need a power source (battary). Good DAP, just like good amplifiers are all about power supply. Good amp and good power supply are big and heavy.
It twould be a contraption the size Onkyo X1, iBasso DX200 etc, full blown Amp dangling on your 3.5mm headphone cable. All that for EQ, and all that after your source DAP has already converted Digital to Analogue, amplified it, giving you nice analogue output for headphones. Obviously this wouldn't make sense, and DSP (EQ correction) needs to be done in digital domain, just like Cipher does.

Another question is why Audeze choses not to release USB based Cipher, but Audeze does not like that question. It is an simply a marketing decision by Audeze.

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #6,128 of 7,352
A2A891E5-107B-4247-BCD0-1D25ACF0C32E.jpeg
C8F97888-5370-4DF9-AB8E-C61FE697473D.jpeg
D8D79DFE-0BBD-4CB2-AF5B-BA20CF9A673D.jpeg
0D3F4911-F085-40C9-9F44-1C8AE590B0DA.jpeg

Jan 21, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #6,129 of 7,352
Well....I want to use EQ for Apple music, like it did with the Cypher cable until now. So it`s a bummer for me that it`s not possible with BT. I am wondering why? Radsone can do it, too - so it should be technically possible. That is why I hope there will be a future update...
no IOS app for Audeze BT cipher like the non BT?

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #6,133 of 7,352
@KMann

Thank you

What platform? IOS, Android, or PC?

You say DAC. But how I read this is you want something using a traditional cable, something with analog input? Then re-eq and re-amplify to mimic a Cipher curve? Certainly wouldn't (ever, never ever) want to re-digitize in a small dongle to then do that in the digital domain (i.e. Cipher cable after re-digitizing what was just converted to analog).

Please clarify. Just seems like you are mixing up and freely interchanging processing performed in the analog and digital domains.

P.s. from thousands of posts back... ::
https://www.minidsp.com/products/dsp-headphone-amp/ha-dsp
But its really no different than using a good player with a high quality and flexible parametric eq in one's phone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back