Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 1, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #5,011 of 7,352
Agree, the case the way it was designed is worthless. Having to remove the earhooks is a pain, specially with the general feel of the 20's. They just don't feel as solid, typical acrylic iems and I'm always babying them. A better case is a must for these.

Apr 2, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #5,012 of 7,352
I originally bought the Pelican 1020 (maybe should have got the 1010 instead), but then recently bought a cheap hard-ish case from Amazon which is so much more portable.
I use it for the iSine 20, with ear hooks and the Cipher V2 cable. See pics.

IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3934.JPG IMG_3935.JPG
APC_0380.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #5,014 of 7,352
anyone use the iSine20 for airline travel? I am not looking for noice cancelling obviously but do need something that will also be suitable for travel

Apr 3, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,017 of 7,352
hi there, im in a bit of a dilema atm. i do need a portable rig for my 1-2hr daily walk and i am looking for something that motavates me ( i know that GOOD SOUND does). a few questions about the isine 10 maybe someone can answer.
what is the differance between the cypher cable v1 to v2
and how close to the LCD 2 sound do they come?

Apr 3, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #5,018 of 7,352
hi there, im in a bit of a dilema atm. i do need a portable rig for my 1-2hr daily walk and i am looking for something that motavates me ( i know that GOOD SOUND does). a few questions about the isine 10 maybe someone can answer.
what is the differance between the cypher cable v1 to v2
and how close to the LCD 2 sound do they come?
1. Cipher V2 fixes a number of issues the first had. It’s lighter, more powerful, balanced, and seems to have a flatter response. Not to mention it doesn’t glitch as much for me using the app.
2. They don’t sound the same, but I doubt you’ll be disappointed by the isines if you like anything by Audeze.

I actually use my iSines anytime I’m outside because it allows me to be aware of my surroundings without losing too much of the music. The problem with most other earbuds is that I have to crank the volume to compensate for the outside noise, which ends up hurting my ears. I don’t have to crank the volume nearly as much with the isines.

Apr 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #5,019 of 7,352
1. Cipher V2 fixes a number of issues the first had. It’s lighter, more powerful, balanced, and seems to have a flatter response. Not to mention it doesn’t glitch as much for me using the app.
2. They don’t sound the same, but I doubt you’ll be disappointed by the isines if you like anything by Audeze.

I actually use my iSines anytime I’m outside because it allows me to be aware of my surroundings without losing too much of the music. The problem with most other earbuds is that I have to crank the volume to compensate for the outside noise, which ends up hurting my ears. I don’t have to crank the volume nearly as much with the isines.

i got a decent deal (i think) on the isine 10 €210 which is around $280 but with the v1 cypher cable and seeing the upgraded features of the v2 cypher I don't think is that good of a deal now tbh. as for the audeze sound the lcd2 pre fazor where to die for so if the isine are anything similar i would definitely like them.

hows the bass like? how it compares with the well-known Fostex or something similar. I'm looking for something that is for electronica like kraftwerk and need that low end

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #5,020 of 7,352
I bought a pair of isine 10s on ebay and the seller has not been able to provide the original purchase receipt so they are without warranty. After reading all the stories on here about driver and/or cable failure I'm a bit worried now. One poster claimed to be on the 4th pair and another claiming that theirs had failed within hours?!
Does Audeze offer out-of-warranty repairs or is it a case of when it's dead it's dead? Any idea how much a repair might cost?
The version I got is the Apple special edition with the silver mesh. Anyone experienced failures with this version?

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #5,021 of 7,352
I bought a pair of isine 10s on ebay and the seller has not been able to provide the original purchase receipt so they are without warranty. After reading all the stories on here about driver and/or cable failure I'm a bit worried now. One poster claimed to be on the 4th pair and another claiming that theirs had failed within hours?!
Does Audeze offer out-of-warranty repairs or is it a case of when it's dead it's dead? Any idea how much a repair might cost?
The version I got is the Apple special edition with the silver mesh. Anyone experienced failures with this version?

i am after one as well same apple model and failure is not my worry although it could happen. but looking at the % i won't really lose sleep over it tbh. my concerns are fit and sound.
cos i domt think they are ideal for walking but then again don't know if an amp/iems would be a better option.

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #5,022 of 7,352
For use outside, the whether the iSine is appropriate will depend on how much of the noise around you you want to hear (and how noisy it is where you are). As some have mentioned, retaining the ability to hear what's going on around you can be desirable for safety reasons in some situations. I use the iSine at work for a similar reason; I don't want people to have to tap me on the shoulder every time they want to get my attention.

However, I would not use the iSine for cycling in traffic, because the way sound comes *through* them makes it hard to tell where sound is coming from, which is hazardous. YMMV. And on a noisy public transit commute, I don't use them b/c I know I'll end up playing them louder than is safe.

If you want isolation, look elsewhere. If you want something that's open or semi-open but are concerned about the fit and price of the iSine, nice earbuds (VE/Shozy/Yuin/Rose/etc.) would be an excellent alternative.

As folks have probably gathered from browsing this thread, iSines tend to be a lot of work compared to other earphones. Getting the fit right, getting the right tips, figuring out EQ, etc. It's all a bit much. (But worth it if a semi-open in-ear planar is what you're looking for.)

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #5,023 of 7,352
For use outside, the whether the iSine is appropriate will depend on how much of the noise around you you want to hear (and how noisy it is where you are). As some have mentioned, retaining the ability to hear what's going on around you can be desirable for safety reasons in some situations. I use the iSine at work for a similar reason; I don't want people to have to tap me on the shoulder every time they want to get my attention.

However, I would not use the iSine for cycling in traffic, because the way sound comes *through* them makes it hard to tell where sound is coming from, which is hazardous. YMMV. And on a noisy public transit commute, I don't use them b/c I know I'll end up playing them louder than is safe.

If you want isolation, look elsewhere. If you want something that's open or semi-open but are concerned about the fit and price of the iSine, nice earbuds (VE/Shozy/Yuin/Rose/etc.) would be an excellent alternative.

As folks have probably gathered from browsing this thread, iSines tend to be a lot of work compared to other earphones. Getting the fit right, getting the right tips, figuring out EQ, etc. It's all a bit much. (But worth it if a semi-open in-ear planar is what you're looking for.)

openness is great for me, the worry is, is their low end for a motivational purpose (i know this may sound weird)but good music makes you jump/pumped what ever. a great iem have that spark and was wondering if the isine 10 can be good for that purpose. the lcd 2 (original) were sort of laid back but man i felt good with them and motivated.

i can go with the fiio q1 mk 2 with a decent iem or the isine10 "delemmmmma"

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #5,024 of 7,352
openness is great for me, the worry is, is their low end for a motivational purpose (i know this may sound weird)but good music makes you jump/pumped what ever. a great iem have that spark and was wondering if the isine 10 can be good for that purpose. the lcd 2 (original) were sort of laid back but man i felt good with them and motivated.

i can go with the fiio q1 mk 2 with a decent iem or the isine10 "delemmmmma"
I don't know about the iSine10s, but the 20s have great low end, even @ low volume.

Apr 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #5,025 of 7,352

Users who are viewing this thread

Back