Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Apr 4, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #5,026 of 7,352
openness is great for me, the worry is, is their low end for a motivational purpose (i know this may sound weird)but good music makes you jump/pumped what ever. a great iem have that spark and was wondering if the isine 10 can be good for that purpose. the lcd 2 (original) were sort of laid back but man i felt good with them and motivated.

i can go with the fiio q1 mk 2 with a decent iem or the isine10 "delemmmmma"

If you have an iPhone, the Cipher Cable will give you as much thunderous bass as you want via EQ

Stock V2 Cipher tuning has excellent neutral bass that blumbs deep with aplomb

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #5,028 of 7,352
openness is great for me, the worry is, is their low end for a motivational purpose (i know this may sound weird)but good music makes you jump/pumped what ever. a great iem have that spark and was wondering if the isine 10 can be good for that purpose. the lcd 2 (original) were sort of laid back but man i felt good with them and motivated.

iSines definitely have good planar bass. And if you want extra bass, they accept eq very gracefully.

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #5,029 of 7,352
For my use case, I just don't want to commit to a big desktop rig. These are my TOTL cans. Open LCD on the go baby. Mobius will be my closed alternate! Woot!

I’m still building my listening head-fi rigs cos I was alsways a speaker person (still am) and till now I went through a few cans, the one I still regret selling is the LCD 2 apart from That all where v.good in there own way and I’m sure the isine are aswell.
Normally I do not linger on a buying decision cos I believe in trying it yourself mainly but knowing the fit issue that many mentioned and that I do not have time to try a lot of IEMS to find what I really like I guessed these could be a good companion the my hifiman edition v2 and 400i v2 which both are for home use and need a walking/commute set of good iems + dac/amp so that’s why my eyes are on the isine.

Apr 5, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #5,031 of 7,352
My best eq settings for 20's yet. I'm very happy with these and absolutely astonished at the sound quality these headphones are capable of!!

enjoy! and as always any feedback is welcome.

these are eq apo settings.
filter 1 is a low shelf LS

Preamp: -8.5 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a pair of isine 20's and a Chord Mojo. I downloaded EQ APO and have tried the V1 and V2 EQ settings from this forum and like them quite a lot compared to stock, but BR777 this is the best EQ settings i've heard yet on pc with the Mojo.

I have a newb question on your settings. What is the reasoning behind reducing the preamp so much? Also I don't understand the filters very well and if someone would be kind enough to link me to a reference guide for them that would be massively helpful.

I have also been running them through my Pixel 2 & Mojo using Spotify and have been quite pleased with the results even sans cipher cable. I have one last question for now. If i got a lightning to usbc adapter I know I could plug in the cipher to my Pixel 2....but would it work?

61SDcxnNZPL._SL1500_.jpg

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #5,032 of 7,352
...BR777 this is the best EQ settings i've heard yet on pc with the Mojo.

Thanks! glad you enjoy them!

I have a newb question on your settings. What is the reasoning behind reducing the preamp so much?

Any time you are adding gain (volume) to a frequency above 0, you need to adjust the pre amp down so that your highest gain setting is offset by lowering the pre-amp. You don't want any volume or frequency going above zero or you can get distortion. So for example my hightst gain is 7.5 so to compensate, i have gone a little overboard and made the pre-amp -8.5 just to be safe.

Preamp: -8.5 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 2 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Also I don't understand the filters very well and if someone would be kind enough to link me to a reference guide for them that would be massively helpful.
google equalizer apo, they have lots of materials about how to use this type of eq. [/QUOTE]

Apr 7, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #5,033 of 7,352
I have my isine 20 's about 4 months now and still i'm looking to find a match for hifi speakers for my computer

I have tried several hifi speakers with differend amps and active speakers/monitors from around 1000$ or little bit under the 800$ like dynaudio, focal, B&W, camebridge, wharfedale....

All i can say there is really nothing that goes near the Audeze isine 20's when it comes to detail, seperation and certainly their amazing "imaging"
I can't exaplain it, everything sounds just beautiful with these
I have a hard time to find these characteristics in hifi speakers

I'm totally screwed, i think i will need to pay for a speakersystem above 2000$ or maybe 3000$ this is rediculous xd

I use the audeze isine 20 now as a "reference" in my search for good hifi speakers / monitors
I will give a update if i find something that goes near them

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #5,034 of 7,352
As folks have probably gathered from browsing this thread, iSines tend to be a lot of work compared to other earphones. Getting the fit right, getting the right tips, figuring out EQ, etc. It's all a bit much. (But worth it if a semi-open in-ear planar is what you're looking for.)

Surely it does, but totally worth it in the end of the game, totally

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #5,035 of 7,352
I have my isine 20 's about 4 months now and still i'm looking to find a match for hifi speakers for my computer

I have tried several hifi speakers with differend amps and active speakers/monitors from around 1000$ or little bit under the 800$ like dynaudio, focal, B&W, camebridge, wharfedale....

All i can say there is really nothing that goes near the Audeze isine 20's when it comes to detail, seperation and certainly their amazing "imaging"

I'm totally screwed, i think i will need to pay for a speakersystem above 2000$ or maybe 3000$ this is rediculous xd

I use the audeze isine 20 now as a "reference" in my search for good hifi speakers / monitors

I think that DSP oriented self powered speakers are just now starting to crest into the industry and will probably start to mature in the next 5 or so years.

The Kii Audio 3 ($12k) is the most iSine like speaker I’ve found. It’s full range, small, full of DSP tricks and is optimized to deliver a perfect sound every time. While maintaining a small footprint.

The Dutch & Dutch 8c is supposed to be similar in it’s cardioid dispersion but looks a bit less advanced in the engineering department.

The BeoLab 80/50 seem similarly optimized to remove room reflecting via DSP and beam forming.

The Apple HomePod is the most attainable DSP corrected flat speaker however it’s not quite hifi, but it is very very good.

What I personally have my eye on VERY closely is the upcoming Sennheiser AMBEO soundbar. With room sensing & beam forming to correct reflections and tuning to completely fill the room I think it’ll wind up being the speaker I buy. It’s also packed with drivers from Neumann, which Senneheiser acquired a while back.

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #5,037 of 7,352
for me the equivalent speaker system to the iSines is the KEF LS50 wireless....superb at 1\4 the cost of equivalent separates
Yeah they are great but they cost 1200€ and they are passive, so you need an good amp for atleast another 1000€ to drive it
And maybe optional (for me) would need a sub bass speaker also because lowest frequency only goes until 45 HZ

So it will cost you atleast 3 times price of the isine 20's
Thats what i mean you need to pay crazy prices to reach that level :)

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #5,038 of 7,352
for me the equivalent speaker system to the iSines is the KEF LS50 wireless....superb at 1\4 the cost of equivalent separates

I've never been able to do a proper demo, but sonos systems have always sounded great to me. As with headphones though, a decent equalizer in the right hands can change everything.

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #5,040 of 7,352

This is my 2c on this matter.
You can try alit more speakers but it’s very unlikely to get to the level of a v.good headphone for detail.
All I can add is that I also tried to achieve headphones sound through stereo hifi and I am now reasonable happy with Marantz-Cyrus Av-stereo Amps and for speakers I have LS50s and kef q300 for serrround sound.
The sound stage on the kef is very nice and detail although not to the level of headphones (good once of course) they are very nice.

So I would give the kef Q series a try or the Ls50 ( I recommend 80w up per channel to get the best out of them tho) although you can drive them ok with less power but the more the better. POWER IS DYNAMICS BABY :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back