Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #4,981 of 7,347
How does the cipher V2 cable stack up against a portable DAC/Amp like the FiiO Q5? It’s either/or since the FiiO doesn’t have a lightning output.
Amp and DAC are likely to be very similar as they are both fairly low cost items, but the Fiio won’t have the built in EQ of course.

Mar 17, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #4,982 of 7,347
So nothing i can do about that huh? Just wonder why did they not put a filter in there or sth..
Just the process of playing music is likely to shake loose and debris from the diaphragm itself, similar to how ultrasonic vibration clears a camera sensor.
Most other stuff won’t case an issue if it just in the neck of the tube or the eartip

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #4,984 of 7,347
Unlikely. The wide variety of hardware and versions of Android make it very difficult according the Audeze. That's the benefit of iDevices being tightly regulated I guess

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,985 of 7,347
So, i would like to think i missed it somewhere, but any word on if we might see a USB-C cable? I know we can tweak EQ's manually, but i would love to hear the factory intended sound sometime...

Unlikely. The wide variety of hardware and versions of Android make it very difficult according the Audeze. That's the benefit of iDevices being tightly regulated I guess

Audeze told me via email that they have no plans of ever making such a thing. Just get a ipod and enjoy the music. The only Apple device I have is a 128gb ipod touch just for these with both v1 and v2 cables.

Mar 21, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #4,987 of 7,347
Does anyone else have the problem of the corner of the earphone digging into your ear? It gets so uncomfortable after a little while I had to send them back.
Some days I do, some days I don’t for some reason. Zreviews also had the issue so made himself a little foam pad.
I can see them reviewing the design at some point

Mar 21, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #4,989 of 7,347
Yeah, i don't buy that for a second actually. Given the wide variety of other USB DACs that work just fine with android (especially the more modern USB-C phones which have newer android versions), i will say its just laziness, or pandering to apple.

I like these headphones, but am feeling very disappointed in how much work is required to get them sounding acceptable compared to other cans..This, and the outrageous $400 repair quote for my LCD-2 (failed driver), I think i am signing off their products for the time being..

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #4,990 of 7,347
Yeah, i don't buy that for a second actually. Given the wide variety of other USB DACs that work just fine with android (especially the more modern USB-C phones which have newer android versions), i will say its just laziness, or pandering to apple.

I like these headphones, but am feeling very disappointed in how much work is required to get them sounding acceptable compared to other cans..This, and the outrageous $400 repair quote for my LCD-2 (failed driver), I think i am signing off their products for the time being..

it's more like rebuilt for them i reckon. ie, cost more to them probably than building a new pair.

the new mobius, i have bought several pairs. hope that it live up to what they claim and won't fail so easily.

Mar 28, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #4,994 of 7,347
Would a portable dac/amp be a worthwhile purchase to use with the isine 10? I almost exclusively use these on the go with my laptop and iphone w/ cipher cable. The laptop on-board sound is pretty lackluster. Would an iFi nano iDSD Black Label or a similar product be a significant enough upgrade to justify a purchase?

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #4,995 of 7,347
Would a portable dac/amp be a worthwhile purchase to use with the isine 10? I almost exclusively use these on the go with my laptop and iphone w/ cipher cable. The laptop on-board sound is pretty lackluster. Would an iFi nano iDSD Black Label or a similar product be a significant enough upgrade to justify a purchase?
Are you using any eq from the laptop? They come alive when used with the Cipher via iPhone or via the PC/MAC with eq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back