Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Feb 7, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #4,862 of 7,352
Here's a pic that shows what the notch looks like.
isine.PNG

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #4,863 of 7,352
Thanks Br777 for eq certainly an improvement.

Preamp: -7 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 7 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -6 dB Q .9
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 6 dB Q .1

Glad you like them, Try these, they're better:

Preamp: -8 dB
Filter 1: ON LS Fc 120 Hz Gain 3 dB
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 250 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 1
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1000 Hz Gain -8.5 dB Q 1.5
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 4000 Hz Gain 7.5 dB Q .4

Thank you I certainly will give them a go after work tomorrow. I picked up an AK70 Mk2 from richer sounds on the way home from work yesterday the isines are sounding great out of that without EQ but on PC that APO EQ is a absolute godsend thanks.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #4,864 of 7,352
You should confirm with Audeze customer service what the right size connector is for the iSine LX. Otherwise you’ll just have a guessing game going on. For example I read it’s .78mm with a notch.

I think I’m just gonna wait for the replacement or order one of their cables with the dac for my iPhone

When people say with a notch are they referring to the little split indent in between the pins

Thanks
Here's a pic that shows what the notch looks like.

Thanks man. I contacted Audeze they said they will get a new cable sent out. In the mean time I was messing with this cable and it I twist and pressure the plastic splitter for the cables the left ear piece will kick in.

It’s like when you plug your headphones into an amp/dac and sometimes when you’re using a cheap connector it will cut out if you move the position except on this case it’s always out and cuts in. Still they sound great when they’re both on, now just to wait for the cable

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #4,866 of 7,352
Yes for any products we control and release (Roon, Reveal plugins, Cipher), not for third party apps.

This post is related to something I was wondering. Pardon if you've answered this before.

I've expressed my happiness with the Reveal plug in earlier; i use it in Foobar. But I'm considering another player. Roon has piqued my interest.

I may be wrong, but I understand that the Audeze Roon offering for the iSine is different than the Reveal VST plugin. If this is right, as far as audio playback fidelity is concerned, would you say the audible end result of the two are identical? Or would you lean one way or the other, and which way?

Much Thanx @KMann. Likewise to anyone with experience with the two; Roon and other music player with the Reveal plugin active.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #4,867 of 7,352
may be wrong, but I understand that the Audeze Roon offering for the iSine is different than the Reveal VST plugin. If this is right, as far as audio playback fidelity is concerned, would you say the audible end result of the two are identical? Or would you lean one way or the other, and which way?
There is a Audeze Roon thread where I have shared the information. The short answer is both Reveal and Roon presets have the same frequency response/tuning but in Roon we also offer linear phase filter option which has the potential to sound more transparent and improve imaging. Reveal uses zero latency filters which are close to analogue filters, the option is also available in Roon and they should sound identical. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions on the Roon or Reveal threads.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #4,868 of 7,352
Kmann, I’m just astounded with your patience in the community and appreciate how you handle things. Especially as such trollish behavior seen recently has discouraged interactions from voluntary experts in other Audio forums that I’ve seen (referencing a guitar gear board).

You’re a true blessing to head fi and I hope you know how much your presence is appreciated, though it may sometimes not be explicitly displayed day to day.

Feb 8, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #4,870 of 7,352

Just need a good amp..

I just need a balanced cable (coming)

Everybody should have a good fully balanced amp/dac :wink:
Amen my brother, next up will be a good balanced all-in-one DAP/AMP/DAC: KANN

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #4,872 of 7,352
There is a Audeze Roon thread where I have shared the information. The short answer is both Reveal and Roon presets have the same frequency response/tuning but in Roon we also offer linear phase filter option which has the potential to sound more transparent and improve imaging. Reveal uses zero latency filters which are close to analogue filters, the option is also available in Roon and they should sound identical. I will be happy to answer any follow up questions on the Roon or Reveal threads.
Any plan to include the linear phase filter option with Reveal?

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #4,875 of 7,352
Amen my brother, next up will be a good balanced all-in-one DAP/AMP/DAC: KANN
I know this is off topic, but I must thank you for alerting us to this. Never saw it before. Full size SD? 7V balanced swing? (Caveat, no load. Hope that doesn't slack/droop too much with the iSine20 as load). That 'new tech' et al? I'm all over this. Can't await to give it a try @ Can Jam NYC in a little over a week. I think Mrs. m8o will have something to bitch about soon; ie another audio related expendature. Lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back