Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Mar 30, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #436 of 457
I just want to say how great of an IEM the Euclid is, and that there should be more praise and discussion here. :L3000:

The first week I used them, I didn't hear a major difference compared to my other IEMs and headphones. It needed to be EQ'd to sound good. The more I listened to them however, the more it opened up, sounding better and better.

Then I bought the new Sony ZX-707 J DAP. The 707 and Euclid is a match made in heaven. No longer do I need to EQ the Euclid with this DAP. Euclid has amazing synergy with it. Everything is super clear and detailed, while having great resolution, separation, layering, impact, everything. Highs smoothed out but still crisp and detailed. Mids are lush and smooth. Lows hit hard and extend well. I even get very good sub-bass rumbling if the track has it.

Only thing that bothers me with the Euclid is that it hurts my ears after 2-3 hours of wearing them. The shell is just a bit too large to fit my ears perfectly.

Props to Audeze for creating such an amazing sounding IEM.

ZX707_04.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #437 of 457
I just want to say how great of an IEM the Euclid is, and that there should be more praise and discussion here. :L3000:

The first week I used them, I didn't hear a major difference compared to my other IEMs and headphones. It needed to be EQ'd to sound good. The more I listened to them however, the more it opened up, sounding better and better.

Then I bought the new Sony ZX-707 J DAP. The 707 and Euclid is a match made in heaven. No longer do I need to EQ the Euclid with this DAP. Euclid has amazing synergy with it. Everything is super clear and detailed, while having great resolution, separation, layering, impact, everything. Highs smoothed out but still crisp and detailed. Mids are lush and smooth. Lows hit hard and extend well. I even get very good sub-bass rumbling if the track has it.

Only thing that bothers me with the Euclid is that it hurts my ears after 2-3 hours of wearing them. The shell is just a bit too large to fit my ears perfectly.

Love the Euclid with my Sony WM1Z. The bass reaches so deep and clean. Detailed but not overdone. More relaxed than my Solaris, and such a sweet listen.

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #438 of 457

Love the Euclid with my Sony WM1Z. The bass reaches so deep and clean. Detailed but not overdone. More relaxed than my Solaris, and such a sweet listen.

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #439 of 457
Yup, that's what I hear too. Everything just sounds so full and energetic, but never shrill or muddy. Every frequency range sounds up front with no scooped out ranges or peaks.

Euclid does need a very good fit and seal to perform its best. Burn in really matters with this IEM and finding the right DAP/DAC/amp to pair with it really matters too.

Mar 30, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #440 of 457
Yup, that's what I hear too. Everything just sounds so full and energetic, but never shrill or muddy. Every frequency range sounds up front with no scooped out ranges or peaks.

Euclid does need a very good fit and seal to perform its best. Burn in really matters with this IEM and finding the right DAP/DAC/amp to pair with it really matters too.
I use Sony hybrid foam tips, the ones from wf xm4. I've used the Euclid with Mojo, Shanling M8, btr5, zx507 and now the WM1Z. I always wished the Euclid had a bit more bass presence. The WM1 does the job adequately. I don't NEED more bass when I listen to R&B and hip hop. Love the Euclid for all other genres. Like it with bass heavy genres. Still pull out my fatfreq when I want to dive into the bass, but the Euclid is an everyday all genres listen for sure

Mar 30, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #441 of 457
The Euclid also pairs wonderfully with the Astell & Kern ACRO CA1000T. I also found that using the Unique Melody Blueheart Eartips provided a comfortable seal and great fit.

Mar 30, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #442 of 457
Detail and sound, thought it is maybe a stretch, doesn't make me miss my LCD XC 2021 too much when traveling. I think I'm set with my iem needs! The only way "up" to me right now is the lcd5, but that is another league of cost!

Mar 30, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #443 of 457
If this isn't how you are wearing it already, try rotating it so that the wires point straight out forward; connectors are parallel to the ground.

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #444 of 457
This is not true.

B-stock actually has SOME chance to include accessories that are no longer offered (aka like BT cables, which we no longer have or sell), and should not be considered the norm. Absolutely no guarantees on any particular accessory coming in the B-stock package. New should have what's posted on the included accessories on the website CURRENTLY.
Hi audeze, any plans to produce a new close backed planar IEM any time soon?

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #446 of 457
Amazing review by you thanks. May I clarify adorama was selling b stock for 299 and a stock for 399 is that correct? Thanks
Yeah, it seems to have been a one time thing. I haven't seen it again. Try the used classifieds here, you may get a pair.

Apr 27, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #447 of 457
picked up a matching cable.

20230427_093802.jpg

Apr 27, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #449 of 457
Apr 27, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #450 of 457
Hi audeze, any plans to produce a new close backed planar IEM any time soon?
We do not comment on speculative products.

You can subscribe to our newsletter for any news on products, promotions, launches, etc.

You can subscribe to our mailing list here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back