Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Nov 29, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #391 of 457
Are you using the Roon preset? I tried it with applied earlier. Haven’t listened without EQ yet
I did briefly toggle it -- but either the song I was listening to didn't reveal a lot of difference for that brief minute or so of back and forth on/off or my ears just aren't that discerning. 👀

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #393 of 457
Hello everyone. New member here (and generally budding audiophile) who scored these through the Adorama B-stock sale for $299. Holy crap, what a deal. I recently got rid of my LCD-Xs because I couldn't justify living in NYC with a pair of expensive open-backs but absolutely adored them and honestly these mostly scratch the itch. Tuning isn't perfect but if you like the Audeze sound they seem about right. My only issues with them thus far are comfort, including the borderline useless series of tips these came with (they are b-stock after all) and the fact that they really don't take a bass shelf well, or really at all. Otherwise soundstage, detail retrieval, and overall tonal balance is pretty fantastic and the best I've heard, and I'm so happy I got the chance to score these for that price. I'm sure this has been discussed but open to any ear tip recommendations! I prefer foam but open to anything.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #394 of 457
Hello everyone. New member here (and generally budding audiophile) who scored these through the Adorama B-stock sale for $299. Holy crap, what a deal. I recently got rid of my LCD-Xs because I couldn't justify living in NYC with a pair of expensive open-backs but absolutely adored them and honestly these mostly scratch the itch. Tuning isn't perfect but if you like the Audeze sound they seem about right. My only issues with them thus far are comfort, including the borderline useless series of tips these came with (they are b-stock after all) and the fact that they really don't take a bass shelf well, or really at all. Otherwise soundstage, detail retrieval, and overall tonal balance is pretty fantastic and the best I've heard, and I'm so happy I got the chance to score these for that price. I'm sure this has been discussed but open to any ear tip recommendations! I prefer foam but open to anything.
Nice price!! You definitely won't need to explore for a good long while for iems.
Grab some final audio E series tips or whatever seals best for you. These have ear shaking bass if they are sealed properly and they take EQ better than most IEMs, they love ifi xbass lol. Also they do need to break in I'm changed a good bit over 20hrs and then I feel they stopped changing at 100ish hrs. Definitely one of the wildest closed planars I've heard. UM mest beats them but just barely.

Dec 9, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #395 of 457
Sony hybrid tips, the ones that come with the wf xm4. Very comfortable tips, rubber silicone core. I really like thw sound with the brighter euclid.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #396 of 457
The SpinFits that came with mine work well for me. I usually default to these with most of my IEMs.

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #397 of 457
SpinFits on the Euclids are the best for me as well. I personally couldn't listen to them for more than a few minutes with the foam tips (everything sounded thinner and there was a distinct lack of bass.) I thought the Audeze tips were a close second.

Dec 11, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #398 of 457
Thanks everyone. For whatever reason I couldn’t get the spin fits to fit the nozzle to save my life. I also just noticed that my left monitor is missing the protective grill. I emailed both Audeze and Adorama about it. Doesn’t seem to affect the sound but still concerning. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #399 of 457
SpinFits are my favorite as well. The Audeze silicone aren’t bad at all but you’ll notice an immediate improvement with the SpinFits. Throw the Comply tips in the garbage.

Euclid with SpinFits beat the pants off my UM MEXT.

Dec 12, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #401 of 457
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #402 of 457
Considering the 12 ohm impedance, what is everyone using to power their Euclid's? I find the Dragonfly Red doesn't seem to sound right to my ears with them. (It's almost like there's a bit of distortion happening as well as less dynamics.) Hard to say though.
Out of a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 they sound superb.

Dec 14, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #403 of 457
A&K SE180 (SEM4) sounds incredible

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #404 of 457
Considering the 12 ohm impedance, what is everyone using to power their Euclid's? I find the Dragonfly Red doesn't seem to sound right to my ears with them. (It's almost like there's a bit of distortion happening as well as less dynamics.) Hard to say though.
Out of a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 they sound superb.
I use an Ifi Gryphon and Ifi micro iDSD signature and the Euclid sounds great with them.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #405 of 457
I mean, I’ve just played them straight out of my iPad and they sound great. 😅

But I’ve also done longer sessions on my Yulong D100 DAC/amp at home and on my Benchmark DAC1 -> Jot 2 on low gain at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back