Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #106 of 457
Following

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #107 of 457
Been pretty quiet here. Anyone got theirs yet?

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #109 of 457
Mine are currently out for delivery . . . I'll try to post some impressions later today :)

FYI Audeze said they were starting to ship this week, mine shipped yesterday
Wow nice!

The right bud on my one month old Technics EAH-AZ70W-K TWS stopped working today. I bought them to replace my Bose ANC buds that I lost/misplaced. Loved the Bose but i thought they might turn up ad some point and then I’d have two of the same ones

totally random thought... you would think it’d be possible to make an ANC Bluetooth neckband... one that would pick up ambient noise and send the inverted wave to the IEM’s through the wires

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #110 of 457
Wow nice!

The right bud on my one month old Technics EAH-AZ70W-K TWS stopped working today. I bought them to replace my Bose ANC buds that I lost/misplaced. Loved the Bose but i thought they might turn up ad some point and then I’d have two of the same ones

totally random thought... you would think it’d be possible to make an ANC Bluetooth neckband... one that would pick up ambient noise and send the inverted wave to the IEM’s through the wires

It's possible, but it wouldn't work nearly as well, if at all in my opinion. One of the main reasons why the ANC system works very well in IEMs and headphones is that the microphones are localized around your ears with very known proximity to your ears. The mics essentially come very close to hearing what your ears would hear. The mics on a neckband would also be blocked by your body which in itself likely causes some filtering and resonances too.

I should note that a lot of this is going to be guesswork on whether or not a system like this could work. You'd probably have much better luck incorporating ANC tech into a TWS adapter like the Fiio UTWS 3, TRN BT20S, or Shure True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter. You could in theory set up 2 or more microphones on these either pointing outward on the body or in the rubber flex stem portion to try to do ANC; I feel like it would be more accurate that way than trying off a neckband.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #112 of 457
It's possible, but it wouldn't work nearly as well, if at all in my opinion. One of the main reasons why the ANC system works very well in IEMs and headphones is that the microphones are localized around your ears with very known proximity to your ears. The mics essentially come very close to hearing what your ears would hear. The mics on a neckband would also be blocked by your body which in itself likely causes some filtering and resonances too.

I should note that a lot of this is going to be guesswork on whether or not a system like this could work. You'd probably have much better luck incorporating ANC tech into a TWS adapter like the Fiio UTWS 3, TRN BT20S, or Shure True Wireless Secure Fit Adapter. You could in theory set up 2 or more microphones on these either pointing outward on the body or in the rubber flex stem portion to try to do ANC; I feel like it would be more accurate that way than trying off a neckband.
Great explanation thanks!

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #113 of 457
Surprised there aren't more first impressions here or other reviews lined up

Feb 20, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #114 of 457
Feb 21, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #115 of 457
Just saw this one:
https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/equipment/earphones/275-audeze-euclid-earphones

I like most of what it says, but I am concerned about deep bass. I always found the best part of the Audeze house sound (and planar tech) was the bass.

It's funny, I've only really heard 3 Audeze headphones: iSine 10, Sine (closed-back), and Mobius. None of them except for the iSIne 10 have that deep, thick, smooth bass that Audeze is known for. The Mobius sound very close to DF neutral to my ears actually, which was very surprising to say the least. I really do like the Mobius' "music" EQ which gives just a gentle push to the bass, but nothing huge. I will admit, the thickness and bass presentation of the iSine 10 is very unique and awesome though. I don't see the Euclid having this sort of bass, but we'll see I guess as more impressions roll in.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #116 of 457
If anyone had picked one up, please share your impressions. I've been looking forward to a proper closed back IEM from Audeze for a long time.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #117 of 457
If anyone had picked one up, please share your impressions. I've been looking forward to a proper closed back IEM from Audeze for a long time.

My shipment got delayed unfortunately; they were supposed to be delivered today, but I wasn’t going to be home, so I set them up for pickup. That delayed the pickup until Monday 🤷‍♂️ FedEx works in weird ways.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #118 of 457
My shipment got delayed unfortunately; they were supposed to be delivered today, but I wasn’t going to be home, so I set them up for pickup. That delayed the pickup until Monday 🤷‍♂️ FedEx works in weird ways.
No rush, I'm hoping the Euclid is a miniaturized LCD-XC or at the very least surpasses the LCD-2 Closed Back in terms of musical enjoyment . Either way, I appreciate you and look forward to your future impressions.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #119 of 457
Awaiting your thoughts!
Hi all, I’ve had mine for a couple days now. Here’s some first impressions, I’ve been comparing to i4s and Thieaudio Clairvoyance.

As background, my introduction to Audeze was the iSine 10, which lead to i3 then i4. I don’t have experience with their over ear and generally don’t like wearing over ear. They are too heavy and intrusive, for me the i4 disappears (both physically and sonically) and from what I’ve read is close enough to an over ear that I haven’t pursued anything larger. My source equipment is a Valhalla 2 and iBasso dx220, I listen in balanced using an amp 8 on the iBasso.

I purchased the Clairvoyance after some extended flying recently with the i4s . . . I had hoped maybe I could be happy with the i4 or i3 in a noisy environment, but nope, just didn’t work. The Clairvoyane are quite nice, but to my ears just feel kind of forced relative to the natural, relaxed and open feeling of the i4s. I have also been hoping for an Audeze closed back that is at least in the family of the i3/i4’s and ordered the day they were announced.

So far, I believe the Euclids are hitting the mark. For me, very definitely the planar sound I love from the i4s. If anything, they seem more precise and clean than the i4s in some ways, especially in the treble range. Separation and placement are spot on, though different in location from the i4. They are not as open as the i4 or i3, nor is the stage as spacious, which I expected. However, to my ears they have more depth and height. Perhaps this is just a perception relative to the width and is certainly not better, just different. To me the i4s sound like I’m in an outdoor environment with no reflective or absorptive surfaces, the Euclids sound like an enclosed, but properly treated, large room.

I don’t find the Euclids to need EQ in the way the i4 (etc) do. To my ears they are very listenable right out of the box. I do like to EQ almost any transducer and am currently playing with a bit of bass boost and some treble tweaking. As mentioned in the reviews the bass is not on par with the other Audeze earphones, I don’t hear quite the extension and lushness present in the i4, nor the slam. Also as noted in a review, the Euclids don’t seem to respond to bass EQ as much as the i4. It is still very good . . . precise and does hit the low frequencies, given the size difference and being enclosed I’m quite happy with it overall.

Some misc . . . fit for me is good, though I’ve not had any issues with earphones in the past. I built a balanced cable, which sounds much better than the stock to me. I do find that these earphones need volume, not as much as the i4 but more than I expected reading one of the reviews. Oh, and audio I’m listening to . . . a really wide range, from classical to jazz to metal to funk to all forms of electronic. I’d say the single most important aspect of the i4s is that I don’t find they color the sound, very neutral without being analytical like a studio monitor can be. The Euclids are very similar in that regard.

From here, I need to listen a lot more and do some comparing to the i3s. This is mostly to see how the Euclids fit in my current preferred listening pipeline, to me the i3/i4’s aren’t strictly comparable to closed IEM’s. My hope is that the combination of the i4s and Euclids will be my endgame IEM solution for a while.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #120 of 457
Hi all, I’ve had mine for a couple days now. Here’s some first impressions, I’ve been comparing to i4s and Thieaudio Clairvoyance.

As background, my introduction to Audeze was the iSine 10, which lead to i3 then i4. I don’t have experience with their over ear and generally don’t like wearing over ear. They are too heavy and intrusive, for me the i4 disappears (both physically and sonically) and from what I’ve read is close enough to an over ear that I haven’t pursued anything larger. My source equipment is a Valhalla 2 and iBasso dx220, I listen in balanced using an amp 8 on the iBasso.

I purchased the Clairvoyance after some extended flying recently with the i4s . . . I had hoped maybe I could be happy with the i4 or i3 in a noisy environment, but nope, just didn’t work. The Clairvoyane are quite nice, but to my ears just feel kind of forced relative to the natural, relaxed and open feeling of the i4s. I have also been hoping for an Audeze closed back that is at least in the family of the i3/i4’s and ordered the day they were announced.

So far, I believe the Euclids are hitting the mark. For me, very definitely the planar sound I love from the i4s. If anything, they seem more precise and clean than the i4s in some ways, especially in the treble range. Separation and placement are spot on, though different in location from the i4. They are not as open as the i4 or i3, nor is the stage as spacious, which I expected. However, to my ears they have more depth and height. Perhaps this is just a perception relative to the width and is certainly not better, just different. To me the i4s sound like I’m in an outdoor environment with no reflective or absorptive surfaces, the Euclids sound like an enclosed, but properly treated, large room.

I don’t find the Euclids to need EQ in the way the i4 (etc) do. To my ears they are very listenable right out of the box. I do like to EQ almost any transducer and am currently playing with a bit of bass boost and some treble tweaking. As mentioned in the reviews the bass is not on par with the other Audeze earphones, I don’t hear quite the extension and lushness present in the i4, nor the slam. Also as noted in a review, the Euclids don’t seem to respond to bass EQ as much as the i4. It is still very good . . . precise and does hit the low frequencies, given the size difference and being enclosed I’m quite happy with it overall.

Some misc . . . fit for me is good, though I’ve not had any issues with earphones in the past. I built a balanced cable, which sounds much better than the stock to me. I do find that these earphones need volume, not as much as the i4 but more than I expected reading one of the reviews. Oh, and audio I’m listening to . . . a really wide range, from classical to jazz to metal to funk to all forms of electronic. I’d say the single most important aspect of the i4s is that I don’t find they color the sound, very neutral without being analytical like a studio monitor can be. The Euclids are very similar in that regard.

From here, I need to listen a lot more and do some comparing to the i3s. This is mostly to see how the Euclids fit in my current preferred listening pipeline, to me the i3/i4’s aren’t strictly comparable to closed IEM’s. My hope is that the combination of the i4s and Euclids will be my endgame IEM solution for a while.
How do they compare to the Clairvoyance sonically? I understand that the actual sound signature will be very different, but in terms of technicalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back