Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC
Dec 30, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #571 of 652
Need Help,

Deckard driver not working after installing another drivier (ifi driver for the other dac amp I have). Tried reinstalling rebooting can't seem to get it to recognize it as an audio device. Please help.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #572 of 652
Need Help,

Deckard driver not working after installing another drivier (ifi driver for the other dac amp I have). Tried reinstalling rebooting can't seem to get it to recognize it as an audio device. Please help.
Remove another driver and reinstall audeze driver
If possible use the windows generic driver on the other device

Jan 2, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #574 of 652
I don't know why the Deckard seems to get so much crap, it's clearly a VERY well made device.

Jan 2, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #575 of 652
I recently purchased a Deckard (after going through all 39 pages of this thread!) and have been very impressed by it.

The only issue I am having is that when the unit is being used as a preamp (driving an amp and speakers) and I plug in my headphones, the signal to the amp is cut, as it is supposed to be, but I get a buzzing sound in my speakers even if there is no music playing. The buzzing goes away as soon as I unplug the headphone. (There is no buzzing heard through the headphones.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #578 of 652
Hi, i want to ask what gain i should use with LCD2C? It drives them loud enough even on low gain. I dont need even need to go over half volume. There is often said, that you should always use low gain unless you are out of volume, but from my own experience i would say higher gain sometimes brings more dynamics and better controlled bass. Maybe somebody could share their thoughts on this matter? Especially if you use this amp with any of Audeze headphones. thanks

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #579 of 652
Hi, i want to ask what gain i should use with LCD2C? It drives them loud enough even on low gain. I dont need even need to go over half volume. There is often said, that you should always use low gain unless you are out of volume, but from my own experience i would say higher gain sometimes brings more dynamics and better controlled bass. Maybe somebody could share their thoughts on this matter? Especially if you use this amp with any of Audeze headphones. thanks

I used medium with my LCD-X and kept the volume a good bit under half. I would imagine the 2C would behave similarly.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #580 of 652
Hello. I just bought a new B-grade Deckard and it is on its way.

As I have heard mixed things about the embedded DAC ,I'm wondering if I'd be better off using my Modi USB (1st gen) instead?

I know that Burr-Brown DAC chips are highly-regarded and my experience in the past with a Cowon P1 can only agree with that consensus but at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical as there are many who eventually don't like Deckard's internal DAC.

Needless to say, when I receive the unit next week I will try both options, however, your opinions on this are much appreciated.

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #581 of 652
The DAC in the Deckard is very good. I compared it to DACs from Wyred4Sound, iFi Micro, Marantz HD-DAC1, and found nothing lacking. The W4S was a bit more dimensional and vivid, but the Deckard was no slouch. It presents a large, 3-D soundstage, with strong bass and a relaxed presentation. I suspect you would have to spend a fair bit to improve on it.

Hello. I just bought a new B-grade Deckard and it is on its way.

As I have heard mixed things about the embedded DAC ,I'm wondering if I'd be better off using my Modi USB (1st gen) instead?

I know that Burr-Brown DAC chips are highly-regarded and my experience in the past with a Cowon P1 can only agree with that consensus but at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical as there are many who eventually don't like Deckard's internal DAC.

Needless to say, when I receive the unit next week I will try both options, however, your opinions on this are much appreciated.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #582 of 652
The DAC in the Deckard is very good. I compared it to DACs from Wyred4Sound, iFi Micro, Marantz HD-DAC1, and found nothing lacking. The W4S was a bit more dimensional and vivid, but the Deckard was no slouch. It presents a large, 3-D soundstage, with strong bass and a relaxed presentation. I suspect you would have to spend a fair bit to improve on it.
Thank you so much.
Your words sound very promising!:)

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #583 of 652
May I also ask you another question if you don't mind?

I have a Schiit Wyrd. Will it make any difference or there's no point in using it in the chain since Deckard has its own power supply?

Thanks for your opinion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back