Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC
Mar 10, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #587 of 652
[...] Also the Deckard has many different parts including a differend PSU so it might sound very different (depending on the personal grade of audio nervosa) than the Matrix. [...] .

Not sure Audeze has a different PSU, I really think it's about the same transformer, same diodes and same JRC7818/7918 regulators, same KG and MUSES caps.
However, PSU ripple & noise is quite low...if I remember correctly around 1mV peak-peak.

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #589 of 652
What are the usual prices you guys have seen for this amp when Refurbished from Audeze?

I’ve heard others say they grabbed some recently from Audeze (Amazon) for $340. Is a Refurbished unit worth $500 or so?

Apr 5, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #591 of 652
What are the usual prices you guys have seen for this amp when Refurbished from Audeze?

I’ve heard others say they grabbed some recently from Audeze (Amazon) for $340. Is a Refurbished unit worth $500 or so?

I would say it is. It is a discontinued product and finding stock for it is relatively hard.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #593 of 652
Thanks everyone! I’m going to take the weekend and decide if I want to pull the trigger.

Follow-up question about the amp — the website says it is Class A, but A-Weighted. Does that mean this is not a full 100% Class A amp but only weighted towards A, but could switch to B at some point?

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #594 of 652
Thanks everyone! I’m going to take the weekend and decide if I want to pull the trigger.

Follow-up question about the amp — the website says it is Class A, but A-Weighted. Does that mean this is not a full 100% Class A amp but only weighted towards A, but could switch to B at some point?

The manufacturer's specifications (link below) says it's "Type: Single-Ended Class-A"

(that's enough for me to call it a class A amp, not A/B)

https://www.audeze.com/products/amplifiers/deckard

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #597 of 652
So I managed to grab a Refurbished Deckard from the Audeze Headphone Amazon page and it arrived today. Everything was accounted for (save for the USB cable, which is fine since I have my own), but as soon as I removed it from the packaging the Deckard's volume knob just fell right off. :frowning2:

Doesn't look like it is something where I can snap it back into place. I emailed Audeze and waiting to hear back. Otherwise, is my only option to use glue? I'm not very handy. Anyone have any ideas? Bummer!

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #598 of 652
So I managed to grab a Refurbished Deckard from the Audeze Headphone Amazon page and it arrived today. Everything was accounted for (save for the USB cable, which is fine since I have my own), but as soon as I removed it from the packaging the Deckard's volume knob just fell right off. :frowning2:

Doesn't look like it is something where I can snap it back into place. I emailed Audeze and waiting to hear back. Otherwise, is my only option to use glue? I'm not very handy. Anyone have any ideas? Bummer!
There's a hole in the side of the volume knob with a set screw in it. It's probably just loose. Find the right allen wrench to tighten it.

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #599 of 652
There's a hole in the side of the volume knob with a set screw in it. It's probably just loose. Find the right allen wrench to tighten it.

Thank you! Yes, I didn't notice it then -- found the appropriate allen wrench and was able to tighten it easily. Easy peazy. Appreciate the help! This thing is a massive block steel, geez.

May 1, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #600 of 652
Hi,

Picked up a Dackard a few weeks ago.what gain setting do you guys use for your LCD-2f ?

I Find medium to be more forward than low gain anyone else experience this.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back