Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by lamode, Jan 6, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Page 39 of 41
40 41
Next

Last
  1. freitz
    Need Help,

Deckard driver not working after installing another drivier (ifi driver for the other dac amp I have). Tried reinstalling rebooting can't seem to get it to recognize it as an audio device. Please help.

2. maheeinfy
    Remove another driver and reinstall audeze driver
    If possible use the windows generic driver on the other device

3. mcbaon
  4. SomeGuyDude
    I don't know why the Deckard seems to get so much ****, it's clearly a VERY well made device.

5. alife
    I recently purchased a Deckard (after going through all 39 pages of this thread!) and have been very impressed by it.

The only issue I am having is that when the unit is being used as a preamp (driving an amp and speakers) and I plug in my headphones, the signal to the amp is cut, as it is supposed to be, but I get a buzzing sound in my speakers even if there is no music playing. The buzzing goes away as soon as I unplug the headphone. (There is no buzzing heard through the headphones.)

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

6. Pharron
    Is the Deckard discontinued, or just sold out everywhere? I can't find one anywhere.

7. GarageBoy
    I think so. Bought mine used, and there was a bunch on eBay at $450-500

8. MyNickIsUnique
    Hi, i want to ask what gain i should use with LCD2C? It drives them loud enough even on low gain. I dont need even need to go over half volume. There is often said, that you should always use low gain unless you are out of volume, but from my own experience i would say higher gain sometimes brings more dynamics and better controlled bass. Maybe somebody could share their thoughts on this matter? Especially if you use this amp with any of Audeze headphones. thanks

9. SomeGuyDude
    I used medium with my LCD-X and kept the volume a good bit under half. I would imagine the 2C would behave similarly.

10. G_T_J
    Hello. I just bought a new B-grade Deckard and it is on its way.

As I have heard mixed things about the embedded DAC ,I'm wondering if I'd be better off using my Modi USB (1st gen) instead?

I know that Burr-Brown DAC chips are highly-regarded and my experience in the past with a Cowon P1 can only agree with that consensus but at the same time, I'm a bit skeptical as there are many who eventually don't like Deckard's internal DAC.

Needless to say, when I receive the unit next week I will try both options, however, your opinions on this are much appreciated.

11. alife
    The DAC in the Deckard is very good. I compared it to DACs from Wyred4Sound, iFi Micro, Marantz HD-DAC1, and found nothing lacking. The W4S was a bit more dimensional and vivid, but the Deckard was no slouch. It presents a large, 3-D soundstage, with strong bass and a relaxed presentation. I suspect you would have to spend a fair bit to improve on it.

G_T_J likes this.
  12. G_T_J
    Thank you so much.
    Your words sound very promising!:)

13. G_T_J
    May I also ask you another question if you don't mind?

I have a Schiit Wyrd. Will it make any difference or there's no point in using it in the chain since Deckard has its own power supply?

Thanks for your opinion :)

14. alife
    I don't know, I'm afraid. Have toyed with getting a USB decrapifier but haven't tried any yet.

G_T_J likes this.
  15. G_T_J
    Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway.

Tomorrow I'll have the Deckard and hopefully the chance to try it.

First

Back
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Page 39 of 41
40 41
Next

Last