Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC
Jan 19, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #647 of 652
Inside of the Deckard, I love it, turned my Clears from a good set of cans to great ones. Made this my wallpaper

Attachments

• 08F26E6D-B7C0-49AC-9EC1-0874F8A49ADE.jpeg
    08F26E6D-B7C0-49AC-9EC1-0874F8A49ADE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #648 of 652
Anyone use Deckard with the HE6SE V2?

The Deckard sounds gorgeous with the HE6SE V2 and I wish others to try it! It tames that very revealing but slightly hot top just enough, has great bass punch and also those beautiful warm mids. They mate together perfectly. Because the HE6SE V2 is detailed, revealing and clear, the Deckard pairs with it wonderfully. I even tried the highly recommended FA-10 with the Hifiman but deff prefer the pairing with Deckard.

I've found I REALLY like what the Deckard does with brighter leaning headphones. On the other hand, warmer to neutral headphones, I prefer something brighter like my NFB 11.28. I deff prefer the HD600 ran off my 11.28. Off the Deckard, it is lacking a little treble energy. Probably good for people who like a warmer sound though - maybe more like HD650 when you pair HD600 with a Deckard. I didn't love the HD650 myself and struggle with liking overly warm headphones.

I've had the Deckard a long time now so I've kinda found what works for me with it and that is deff brighter sounding headphones that need a little bit of chill. Don't get me wrong - the HE6SE V2 sounds MIGHTY energetic out of the Deckard - it just is too much on a brighter amp giving more of a fatiguing listen. Also, because it softens the top just right, you can push more volume into the pot without fatigue and crank out more of that fantastic bass in the 6SE V2!

The Deckard and NFB11.28 really have shown me how important amp synergy is within this hobby. I am not a big fan of HD600 from the Deckard but absolutely love it from the NFB11.28. On the other hand, the Deckard is made for the HE6SE V2.

It's all about that synergy.

@Spyronight - I can see where you like them with the Clear since the Clear can lean a bit neutral/bright like an HE6SE V2!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #649 of 652
Just received the Deckard and very pleasantly surprised. Not really surprising since it's now my most expensive amp, but comparing with the THX AAA 789 my Rognir sound noticeably more open (yes I know I level-jumped with headphones quality over amp/dac so now I'm starting to balance that out :D). I perceive it in terms of expanded sound stage (particularly in the vertical direction) and also in treble extension and/or overall crispness of the sound. Main downside is no XLR output so I need to swap all the cables but oh well. Looking forward to see how they affect my other headphones, especially Aeolus which I boxed up and listed in classifieds due to them sounding too veiled. Hoping they might sound a lot better with the Deckard.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #650 of 652
Just received the Deckard and very pleasantly surprised. Not really surprising since it's now my most expensive amp, but comparing with the THX AAA 789 my Rognir sound noticeably more open (yes I know I level-jumped with headphones quality over amp/dac so now I'm starting to balance that out :D). I perceive it in terms of expanded sound stage (particularly in the vertical direction) and also in treble extension and/or overall crispness of the sound. Main downside is no XLR output so I need to swap all the cables but oh well. Looking forward to see how they affect my other headphones, especially Aeolus which I boxed up and listed in classifieds due to them sounding too veiled. Hoping they might sound a lot better with the Deckard.
... if Aeolus was driven by THX AAA 789, it was severely handicapped**. That h/p/a measures well but does not deliver the voltage and voltage swing that Aeolus, a 300-ohm headphone, needs.

[** think: "sole entrant in one-legged a$$-kicking contest" 🤔🤣]

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #651 of 652
Good to know Jonathan! Do you think the Deckard will do a good job with them? I’m also waiting on a Flux FC-10 which should have more than enough power.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #652 of 652
Deckard will put out ~ 350 milliwatts into 300 ohms. In terms of power, this should be fine with Aeolus. As for sound & tonality, being Class A, Deckard should be quite complementary to Aeolus !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back