Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC
May 26, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #331 of 652
How does deckard pair with i) HD650, ii) T50RP MK3 and iii) DT880 600 ohms? Any comments?

Jun 14, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #333 of 652
I'm really considering upgrading from my odac+o2 amp combo to the deckard. I think what gets my attention is that the deckard isnt a reference amp which is what i prefer. I like a warmer punchier sound. LCD-X are my main cans.

any thoughts or other recommendation?

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #334 of 652
  I'm really considering upgrading from my odac+o2 amp combo to the deckard. I think what gets my attention is that the deckard isnt a reference amp which is what i prefer. I like a warmer punchier sound. LCD-X are my main cans.

any thoughts or other recommendation?

same as my upgrade with LCD-X .. i had before a (JDC Labs The Element) which is the updated version of odac+o2

And i got the Deckard , which is much much clear and have more details ..
you will be very happy ...

your next move .. get a WyWires Red cable and you will have sound orgasm for  sure :)

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #335 of 652
I can't see anyone upgrading from an entry level amplifier to the Deckard being disapointed in it... The sound quality it can reproduce is amongst the best at its price level, it will drive anything well, it looks cool, well built, and it pairs with many heaphones with its natural balance. its maybe not the best there is, but its sure damn close !

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #336 of 652
  I can't see anyone upgrading from an entry level amplifier to the Deckard being disapointed in it... The sound quality it can reproduce is amongst the best at its price level, it will drive anything well, it looks cool, well built, and it pairs with many heaphones with its natural balance. its maybe not the best there is, but its sure damn close !

I agree.  I just sold my Bryston BDA-2 and BHA-1 which was displaced by the Deckard.  Was the Bryston combo better than the Deckard?  Sure. At $4K for the pair, it better be, but truth be told, it was not significantly better in my opinion.  The point of diminishing returns is something that everyone will have a different take on.

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #337 of 652
Hello all, long time reader but first time to post.  

I currently have the Deckard on burn-in but also contemplating on the other.  I have a Grado RS1i hooked up to my PC with a Sound Blaster X-Fi and using Foobar2000 with 24bit flac files.  Hooked up the the Deckard to my PC running Windows 7 64bit and impressed with the huge difference in sound quality.  Soundstage was incredible, warmth and smoother highs.  Was amazing and enjoying my music files all over again.  
Also ordered the TEAC UD-301 but is still in shipment process and only have a few days left with the Deckard. How do you think this compares to the TEAC UD-301 in sound quality?  Also have a couple of IEM's that aren't up to par with what you guys have, maybe one day I can finally afford them (hehehe).  Can anyone please chime in on this?

Thank you in advance and more power to all.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #338 of 652
  Hello all, long time reader but first time to post.  

I currently have the Deckard on burn-in but also contemplating on the other.  I have a Grado RS1i hooked up to my PC with a Sound Blaster X-Fi and using Foobar2000 with 24bit flac files.  Hooked up the the Deckard to my PC running Windows 7 64bit and impressed with the huge difference in sound quality.  Soundstage was incredible, warmth and smoother highs.  Was amazing and enjoying my music files all over again.  
Also ordered the TEAC UD-301 but is still in shipment process and only have a few days left with the Deckard. How do you think this compares to the TEAC UD-301 in sound quality?  Also have a couple of IEM's that aren't up to par with what you guys have, maybe one day I can finally afford them (hehehe).  Can anyone please chime in on this?

Thank you in advance and more power to all.

hi , i havent tried deckard , but almost 2 week i'm using UD-301 in one word it is amazing device , i only use dac section pair with my amps , it is refrence dac , you get neutral flat sound and smooth across the spectrum , very details , amp section dosen't have much power to drive hungry headphones , but very nice sounding with 2 opamp muses 8920 which is replacable , sometimes i use device direct with headphones such as , HD700 , HD800 , HD800S , and work perfect , and i'm impressed becouse i never expected such details sound quality direct from device and before buying i didnt look to this device as dac / amp , i bought this only to use stand alone balanced dac , but now using direct without other amp ,  and i tried HE560 on the max volume you'll get normal loudness not enough so for the planar magnet headphone better to have alternative amp

Teac UD-301 is really underrated device by head-fi people , for this price i can't think about something else , highly recommended

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #339 of 652
  hi , i havent tried deckard , but almost 2 week i'm using UD-301 in one word it is amazing device , i only use dac section pair with my amps , it is refrence dac , you get neutral flat sound and smooth across the spectrum , very details , amp section dosen't have much power to drive hungry headphones , but very nice sounding with 2 opamp muses 8920 which is replacable , sometimes i use device direct with headphones such as , HD700 , HD800 , HD800S , and work perfect , and i'm impressed becouse i never expected such details sound quality direct from device and before buying i didnt look to this device as dac / amp , i bought this only to use stand alone balanced dac , but now using direct without other amp ,  and i tried HE560 on the max volume you'll get normal loudness not enough so for the planar magnet headphone better to have alternative amp

Teac UD-301 is really underrated device by head-fi people , for this price i can't think about something else , highly recommended

Thank you.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #340 of 652
  I am really looking for someone who compared the Wa7+Wa7tp vs the Deckard.

Apologies for the mini-bump but I'm extremely curious regarding this comparison as well - obviously it may be pretty hard to get a concrete answer seeing as woo tubes tend to sound very distinctive but I'd love to hear general thoughts of people who have heard/owned both of those.

Just got the 2nd generation Wa7+Wa7tp yesterday, I will post impressions as soon as I can. Have been using the Deckard with my Ether Cs, rented LCD-3, LCD-X and Sennheisers HD 800 for about 2 weeks. I have also been using it with my LCD-XC for almost a month. Had a short listen last night, but I was pretty exhausted from work and couldn't concentrate on my poor attempt at an A/B comparison. 

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #341 of 652
I read this entire string last week, but can't recall if my question was answered anywhere in it...sorry if I'm covering old ground here. Has anyone compared the Audeze Deckard (used as both HP amp AND preamp) to the Burson Soloist (not the SL, but the full function version)?

I ask because I have a Burson, which I used both as HP amp and preamp. It's easily the most expensive and "biggest name" piece of gear I have in the desktop system, but IMO it has some issues (overly bright; not enough steps on the stepped volume pot) that offset its amazing bass qualities.

The Audeze interests me because it is praised as a powerful, slightly warm HP amp (exactly what I would prefer) that can also be used as a pre-amp (again, perfect for me). So I'm looking for details on how it really compares to the Burson, in terms of sound quality.

Thanks in  advance to anyone who can chime in here.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #342 of 652

Just got the 2nd generation Wa7+Wa7tp yesterday, I will post impressions as soon as I can. Have been using the Deckard with my Ether Cs, rented LCD-3, LCD-X and Sennheisers HD 800 for about 2 weeks. I have also been using it with my LCD-XC for almost a month. Had a short listen last night, but I was pretty exhausted from work and couldn't concentrate on my poor attempt at an A/B comparison. 

popcorn.gif

Aug 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #345 of 652
How is the deckard as just a headphone amp alone or am I better off going another route? I currently have the el8 and mass drop fostex purplehearts for now. As I am new to this hobby who knows what headphones I will have later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back