Audeze Customer Service....my Experience.
Jun 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 102
Great experience to read about and very good to know that a company like Audeze really stands behind their products. They know what customer service truly means and how to gain loyal customers with this kind of service. 

Hats off to Audeze!
smile.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #17 of 102
Quote:

Funny, I found the rev. 1s changed little to almost none with burn-in. But the rev. 2s did take around 100 hours or so to finally settle in.

I've gone through the same thing with a re-order on the same headphone. There is no explanation that I can find.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #19 of 102
I'm a newbie as a forum member but a long time lurker prior to joining. I just purchased my LCD-2 headphones (paired with a Burson 160-D) and I am extremely pleased with them. Knowing that they have such excellent customer service is just the icing on the cake! Thanks for the post.

Jun 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #20 of 102
Great to hear this :) At the moment I have a pair of denon d5000's but in the future I will most definately upgrade. Very hard to get this this sort of experience anymore, almost the opposite of what happened with my hp laptop :frowning2:

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 102
Quote:
Great to hear this
smily_headphones1.gif
At the moment I have a pair of denon d5000's but in the future I will most definately upgrade. Very hard to get this this sort of experience anymore, almost the opposite of what happened with my hp laptop
frown.gif

Laptops aren't niche hobby products, so their profit comes not from having the most satisfied customers, but from having the most number of customers by means of best performance : price ratio, hence the negligence in terms of build quality / QC / good repair services, they ideally want you to buy a new laptop every 1.5 years.

On the other hand, the livelihood behind businesses built around mid~high-end headphones depends on word of mouth, of the sound quality, build quality, and service quality (usually...I can think of a few exceptions). So they better have good customer service.

Usually the rule of thumb is that the size of a business tends to be inversely correlated to its service quality.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #23 of 102
I've had almost the same exact experience. I love Audeze.. 
Quote:
I purchased a pair of used Lcd-2rev1's back in October,from another head-fier.
At the time of the sale..,he told me he had about 400-500 hours on them.
The headphones arrived in excellent condition,and sounded fantastic,with no physical damage anywhere
I was one happy customer,because the price was excellent, as well.

On May 29,2012,I got no sound coming out of my right earphone
contacted Audeze,sent down the phones to Audeze for repair on June 2,2012
As I did not know ,if the warranty was expired,I was expecting a huge repair bill.

On June6 ,got an e-mail that my headphones were being shipped back to me 2 day airmail..free.
So,I called Audeze about the bill,and spoke to the girl who handles customer service.

I asked about my bill???
She proceeded to inform me,that the service on my headphones was done for free,and in addition, I was automatically  upgraded to the rev2 drivers....nice
Received the headphones on June8..amazing
In essence,I got a new pair of Lcd-2rev2 for free..with a 7 day turn around....unbelievable..

If anyone is doubting about spending money with Audeze,please remember  the same quality that goes into their headphones,also,is carried through ,with outstanding customer service & tech support.

Just felt I needed to post this,because it is rare,that in todays world,you get this type of service...from even the best of companies.
Hats off to Audeze,and ..Thank you,for a very pleasurable experience.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #25 of 102
Quote:
its good they have this kind of customer service, otherwise you will be really depressed if you break your 1000 bucks headphone

Aint that the truth..but,let me explain:
I bought the rev1's used from "can'tsleep"..for $650.00..no box/carrying case,{which I don't need anyway}.
I jumped on them...

Was under the impression ,that the warranty,was no longer valid...because he had"400-500 hours on them,at the time of sale.
So,when I called Audeze,and spoke to Tasvee,in CS.{one of the nicest CS people ,I have ever dealt with}..she gave me whole story...Audeze has extended its warrant for 3 years-
that,the rev1 drivers were no longer used at Audeze-that, you cannot change only one driver,you must change both..so you have equal balance,and.{DAAA,I should have known this}.....,you guys know the rest.

Yes,the Audeze Gods were looking over my shoulder, when the right driver went out.
Yes,you might say I got a $1000.00 pair of NEW headphones for $650.00

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #28 of 102
Quote:
Aint that the truth..but,let me explain:
I bought the rev1's used for "can'tsleep"..for $650.00..no box/carrying case,{which I don't need anyway}.
I jumped on them...

Was under the impression ,that the warranty,was no longer valid...because he had"400-500 hours on them,at the time of sale.
So,when I called Audeze,and spoke to Tasvee,in CS.{one of the nicest CS people ,I have ever dealt with}..she gave me whole story...Audeze has extended its warrant for 3 years-
that,the rev1 drivers were no longer used at Audeze-that, you cannot change only one driver,you must change both..so you have equal balance,and.{DAAA,I should have known this}.....,you guys know the rest.

Yes,the Audeze Gods were looking over my shoulder, when the right driver went out.
Yes,you might say I got a $1000.00 pair of NEW headphones for $650.00

i hope one day ill get to own a 1000 bucks headphone too but now im super broke lol and congrats on basically having a brand new 1000 bucks headphone for $650

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #29 of 102
Quote:

i hope one day ill get to own a 1000 bucks headphone too but now im super broke lol and congrats on basically having a brand new 1000 bucks headphone for $650

No,all the thanks goes to .."Cantsleep"...its guys like him that gives out extremely fair prices,for newbies like me
and,yes ,some thanks to Audeze-cant forget them.

and just so you know,when I got the headphones back from Audeze on 6/8,the wife assumed,I bought "another set of headphones",and she was chasing me all over the house with a frying pan,not any frying pan,mind you,...,the old cast iron job..,that grandma used to use...that could have affected the SQ of my new rev2's
And,yes,I really couldn't afford the $650..at the time of purchase either.

Jun 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #30 of 102
Quote:
No,all the thanks goes to .."Cantsleep"...its guys like him that gives out extremely fair prices,for newbies like me
and,yes ,some thanks to Audeze-cant forget them.

and just so you know,when I got the headphones back from Audeze on 6/8,the wife assumed,I bought "another set of headphones",and she was chasing me all over the house with a frying pan,not any frying pan,mind you,...,the old cast iron job..,that grandma used to use...that could have affected the SQ of my new rev2's
And,yes,I really couldn't afford the $650..at the time of purchase either.

lol i love how this site refers wives as "the", i hope you are also enjoying your lcd2. and you are a newbie? you already jumped right at the summit fi headphones? im also a newbie and im afraid to do that at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back