Audeze Customer Service....my Experience.
Jun 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

mikek200

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased a pair of used Lcd-2rev1's back in October,from another head-fier.
At the time of the sale..,he told me he had about 400-500 hours on them.
The headphones arrived in excellent condition,and sounded fantastic,with no physical damage anywhere
I was one happy customer,because the price was excellent, as well.

On May 29,2012,I got no sound coming out of my right earphone
contacted Audeze,sent down the phones to Audeze for repair on June 2,2012
As I did not know ,if the warranty was expired,I was expecting a huge repair bill.

On June6 ,got an e-mail that my headphones were being shipped back to me 2 day airmail..free.
So,I called Audeze about the bill,and spoke to the girl who handles customer service.

I asked about my bill???
She proceeded to inform me,that the service on my headphones was done for free,and in addition, I was automatically  upgraded to the rev2 drivers....nice
Received the headphones on June8..amazing
In essence,I got a new pair of Lcd-2rev2 for free..with a 7 day turn around....unbelievable..

If anyone is doubting about spending money with Audeze,please remember  the same quality that goes into their headphones,also,is carried through ,with outstanding customer service & tech support.

Just felt I needed to post this,because it is rare,that in todays world,you get this type of service...from even the best of companies.
Hats off to Audeze,and ..Thank you,for a very pleasurable experience.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 102
Always enjoy reading nice stories like this on head-fi.  Anything from eye-opening first-times to praising a company for it's outstanding customer service.

The constant bickering between everyone from fanboys to experienced ears gets tiring.

It's good to see that customer service is not dead.  I hear a lot of the boutique manufacturers (a la HiFiMan) have similar customer service policies as well.

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 102
Quote:
Nice!! So, do you hear an improvement in the sound signature?

Breaking them in as we speak..after about 40-50 hours,I'm hearing a bit more detail inthe mids/highs
After a more thorough break in,I'll post back

I'm still blown away ,by this whole experience
When she told me...2 day air shipping....FREE..it was like the icing on the cake...truly amazing.
They even applied a coating of polish  to the earcups

Guess what headphones,I will buy ..when I upgrade???

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #5 of 102
Quote:
Always enjoy reading nice stories like this on head-fi.  Anything from eye-opening first-times to praising a company for it's outstanding customer service.

The constant bickering between everyone from fanboys to experienced ears gets tiring.

It's good to see that customer service is not dead.  I hear a lot of the boutique manufacturers (a la HiFiMan) have similar customer service policies as well.

I'll tell you..
I have about $25,000  worth of camera gear...been in & out of Canons service center .many times over the years On a recent vacation to Thailand{see my picture in profile}..I sent in my gear for cleaning..they charged me return postages for mailing my gear back to me..service center is in NJ-I live 30 minutes away in Brooklyn ,NY..total BS.
You'd think,being a steady customer of Canon since 2003,they would pick up the shipping---nope

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 102
Great to hear that Koss isn't the only one that can still be both polite and prompt. It's very nice to hear that someone is standing behind their products and supporting them. Honestly that's as big of a recommendation for the purchase as "they sound good" or "they're comfy" imho - sure it may be nice, but what happens when something goes wrong? :)

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 102
Yes Koss has excellent service. I purchased a pair of A250's for tdockweiler from them directly, got home and one driver was blown. I called them right up and they took them back with no fuss and I got a new pair. Excellent service all around!

Aude'ze is supposed to ahve some of the best service to date. They are much better than beyerdynamic, AKG, and Grado combined.

Quote:
Great to hear that Koss isn't the only one that can still be both polite and prompt. It's very nice to hear that someone is standing behind their products and supporting them. Honestly that's as big of a recommendation for the purchase as "they sound good" or "they're comfy" imho - sure it may be nice, but what happens when something goes wrong?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 102
Yes Koss has excellent service. I purchased a pair of A250's for tdockweiler from them directly, got home and one driver was blown. I called them right up and they took them back with no fuss and I got a new pair. Excellent service all around!

Aude'ze is supposed to ahve some of the best service to date. They are much better than beyerdynamic, AKG, and Grado combined.

I wouldn't even mention Grado in a thread such as this. :veryevil:

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 102
Quote:
I purchased a pair of used Lcd-2rev1's back in October,from another head-fier.
At the time of the sale..,he told me he had about 400-500 hours on them.
The headphones arrived in excellent condition,and sounded fantastic,with no physical damage anywhere
I was one happy customer,because the price was excellent, as well.

On May 29,2012,I got no sound coming out of my right earphone
contacted Audeze,sent down the phones to Audeze for repair on June 2,2012
As I did not know ,if the warranty was expired,I was expecting a huge repair bill.

On June6 ,got an e-mail that my headphones were being shipped back to me 2 day airmail..free.
So,I called Audeze about the bill,and spoke to the girl who handles customer service.

I asked about my bill???
She proceeded to inform me,that the service on my headphones was done for free,and in addition, I was automatically  upgraded to the rev2 drivers....nice
Received the headphones on June8..amazing
In essence,I got a new pair of Lcd-2rev2 for free..with a 7 day turn around....unbelievable..

If anyone is doubting about spending money with Audeze,please remember  the same quality that goes into their headphones,also,is carried through ,with outstanding customer service & tech support.

Just felt I needed to post this,because it is rare,that in todays world,you get this type of service...from even the best of companies.
Hats off to Audeze,and ..Thank you,for a very pleasurable experience.

Yep...great customer service for sure from a great company.
smile.gif
Glad to hear you're happy.

Quote:
Nice!! So, do you hear an improvement in the sound signature?

Just my 2 cents...

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-lcd-2-rev-1-and-rev-2

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #11 of 102
Quote:

Yep...great customer service for sure from a great company.
smile.gif
Glad to hear you're happy.

Just my 2 cents...

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-lcd-2-rev-1-and-rev-2

I appreciate the comparison link-much appreciated.

I've only burned them in for about 50 hours so far..it is a little early to make any comparisons,yet,hopefully things will start to bloom around, the 100-150  hour mark..

No matter what,I am still over whelmed with Audeze,so,Audeze,if your listening,consider me,your unofficial/official NYC street salesman.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 102
Quote:
I appreciate the comparison link-much appreciated.
I've only burned them in for about 50 hours so far..it is a little early to make any comparisons,yet,hopefully things will start to bloom around, the 100-150  hour mark..

Funny, I found the rev. 1s changed little to almost none with burn-in. But the rev. 2s did take around 100 hours or so to finally settle in.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #13 of 102
Quote:
I hope my experience with beyer will be as pleasant... Bought the T5p 2 months ago, already broken (design flaw >.>) and I'm sending them in now.

Wish you the best of luck.
If your experience is half a good as mine...your be in great shape

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 102
Quote:

Funny, I found the rev. 1s changed little to almost none with burn-in. But the rev. 2s did take around 100 hours or so to finally settle in.

It's strange,when I first got the rev1,the sound was a little hard to adjust to..it almost sounded like I was listening to  music,.... in an echo.chamber.

I'm not experiencing that withe rev2..its more up front.....One thing.....-I now have to re-listen to all my tubes,because they dont sound quite the same.
The CCa's & the E188CC are giving me a bit more detail..not a night & day difference,but it is there...,probably after a month...that change will be stronger
My amperex pq jan 7308 has a noticable stronger SQ......,especially with my acoustic guitar music,very deep ,with excellent detail in the mids/highs.

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 102
Quote:
It's strange,when I first got the rev1,the sound was a little hard to adjust to..it almost sounded like I was listening to  music,.... in an echo.chamber.

I'm not experiencing that withe rev2..its more up front.....One thing.....-I now have to re-listen to all my tubes,because they dont sound quite the same.
The CCa's & the E188CC are giving me a bit more detail..not a night & day difference,but it is there...,probably after a month...that change will be stronger
My amperex pq jan 7308 has a noticable stronger SQ......,especially with my acoustic guitar music,very deep ,with excellent detail in the mids/highs.

I love my platinum Siemens E88CCs in my Liquid Fire, IMO, I'd stick with your CCa's...just fantastic tubes.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back