Audeze Customer Service....my Experience.
Jun 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #77 of 102
Quote:
http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/RP-Series.shtml#1       where can i get the fostex tm110b cable?

Why?! 
confused.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #78 of 102
Quote:

lol yeah but i read most people saying the lcd is very dark, i dont think ill like that. i think the hifiman he500 may be more suitable for me and my wallet lol. i also dont have an ebay account and have never sold stuff before

LCD-2s aren't really dark, what they are is darker than some of the other flagships like the HD800s, which to me seemed too bright in my admittedly brief audition. Actually, the first time I heard the LCD-2 (rev1 at that) they sounded at least as neutral as my HD600s, and the rev2 even more so.

And to be sort of on topic, I had a few cosmetic issues with my LCD-2s and Audez'e was excellent and very prompt to deal with.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #80 of 102
Quote:
LCD-2s aren't really dark, what they are is darker than some of the other flagships like the HD800s, which to me seemed too bright in my admittedly brief audition. Actually, the first time I heard the LCD-2 (rev1 at that) they sounded at least as neutral as my HD600s, and the rev2 even more so.

And to be sort of on topic, I had a few cosmetic issues with my LCD-2s and Audez'e was excellent and very prompt to deal with.

thats interesting... first time i read people who say the lcd is neutral... how does it compare with he500?

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #81 of 102
Quote:
thats interesting... first time i read people who say the lcd is neutral... how does it compare with he500?

Fortunately/unfortunately I haven't heard the he500s, and I really would need a decent amount of time with them on my own system to say.

But yes, to my ears (and with my system) the LCD-2s sound quite similar to the HD600s but with much better bass and everything being more coherent.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #82 of 102
Quote:

..Can you tell us ,what were the  cosmetic issue ?

Cracking of the wood cups...?
Just curious,I've read that a few people were experiencing this??
When I got my lcd's back on 6/8...it looked like, they had gone over the wood cups with polish,and looked almost new.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #83 of 102
My first pair was bamboo. They had been shipped with one end of the left yoke pressing into the wood instead of being inserted properly, leaving a dent. There were also bits of wood coming off from the left cup where the grille went.

At my dealer's request they switched mine to rosewood (or just swapped headbands on a new pair, or something...all I know is I've got a rosewood pair with my old serial number on it).

My new pair has a couple rough spots but nothing like the little pieces peeling off, and the rosewood looks so good that I really don't care.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #84 of 102
Quote:
My first pair was bamboo. They had been shipped with one end of the left yoke pressing into the wood instead of being inserted properly, leaving a dent. There were also bits of wood coming off from the left cup where the grille went.

At my dealer's request they switched mine to rosewood (or just swapped headbands on a new pair, or something...all I know is I've got a rosewood pair with my old serial number on it).

My new pair has a couple rough spots but nothing like the little pieces peeling off, and the rosewood looks so good that I really don't care.

OK-Great...use them in good health..

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #85 of 102
Quote:

where else can i get a cable? the tm110b is the "official" replacement cable... so thats why i wanted to go for that

Ah I see. I would wonder why you wouldn't want to go with the V-moda cable, which seems to be go to for that headphone.

But I'd check Fostex, I can't honestly say I've heard anything about anyone using that tm110b.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #86 of 102
Quote:
Ah I see. I would wonder why you wouldn't want to go with the V-moda cable, which seems to be go to for that headphone.

But I'd check Fostex, I can't honestly say I've heard anything about anyone using that tm110b.

they told me the distributors should have them in stock but im just waiting for a direct link from them

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #87 of 102
even though i dont have the 1/8 inch cable to try it with my e17, i can say i dont like the headband very much, the rubber headband is not too comfortable, i would prefer it to be leather or something more comfortable

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #88 of 102
Quote:
even though i dont have the 1/8 inch cable to try it with my e17, i can say i dont like the headband very much, the rubber headband is not too comfortable, i would prefer it to be leather or something more comfortable

What are you currently using to drive the Stock Fostex?

Yea, I always seem to be one of the few that recommend a headphone mod. It just really feels like it digs into my scalp, and I have a lot of hair on top of there.
I just lined my Fostex with some foam and it immediately alleviated that problem.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #90 of 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back