audeo pfe 232 > mdr ex 1000 ?
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sup3r8

100+ Head-Fier
hello head-fiers..

My first post here. I have been trolling the forums as long as I can remember and owe my audio purchases to you folks. many thanks!
I currently own the sony mdr ex 1000 and though a lot of opinions suggested how the iem may not be best suited for metal music,
I decided to go against the grain and put the sony to test. A lot of things I read, I observed while listening, and today after numerous
hours or brain burn-in , I find the signature differing upon the recording and complexity of metal music I listen to. The differences, mainly
in the handling and resolution of the aforesaid complexity. Some tracks/artists have absolute synergy with the sonys while for others,
the iem just gets down right fatiguing and sibilant ( as I expected for most parts of metal music but the exceptions kept me going ) .
Now I am beginning to wonder if I am forcing myself to love the sonys despite the shortcomings and domesticating my ears to accept
the greatness of the iem ( tethered to the genre it may not be deemed fit )
Making a long story longer, and coming to the main point, I am considering trying out the audeo pfe 232 and would welcome any of your
knowledgeable inputs if anyone have compared the two for their merits and flaws..a/b.
I listen to a wide range of metal music and I need all I have in my sonys, with better isolation and more bass.

thanks and please be kind if i may have sounded nooby..:)

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 6
For metal alternatives to the EX1000 you might also want to check out the FX700(AWESOME for metal) and TF10. The TF10 is relatively cheap too, so if you want to use it for metal and the EX1000 for everything else that's an option.

Mar 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks Selenium ! Im just having the opportunity of getting the PFE 232 for relatively cheap and hence was considering.
I have heard good things about the FX 700 but I need some isolation ...so I am wondering ! The EX 1000 is excellent but I 
enjoy them most at home. At work there is always an ambience-intrusion owing to the 75% isolation of the EX 1000s.

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 6
The PFE232 are great sounding IEMs with good punchy bass (better amount and punch than Sony EX000) and equal in other areea, others IEMs like Westone 3, UM3X, Grado GR10, JVC FX700, FXZ200 and CKS1000 are also great pick for these genres music.

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
The PFE232 are great sounding IEMs with good punchy bass (better amount and punch than Sony EX000) and equal in other areea, others IEMs like Westone 3, UM3X, Grado GR10, JVC FX700, FXZ200 and CKS1000 are also great pick for these genres music.

Thanks !..how does the bass extension of the PFE 232 compare with the ones you have listed? 
When you say that the PFE 232 has better bass than the EX1000 and equal in other areas, you mean, its a better match to the EX1000s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back