ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Feb 8, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #5,371 of 9,748
@monsterzero
Thanks for the thoughts, I’ll get with Glenn and see what can happen. I’m a patient person, heck I’m still waiting for the MCTH!
I'm not sure how price factors into your decision making, and frankly I have no idea what the price difference will be (if any). Anyway, it is always good to get many points of view and consider multiple options for sure. The 339 is a wonderful sounding OTL, but I'm also sure Glenn options are wonderful as well.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #5,372 of 9,748
There are many appealing factors to the Glenn amp,including a mind blowing amount of tube rolling options....some of which are quite inexpensive,relatively speaking.

The basic amp is 700.00,so a bit more than a 339. I went a bit overkill with the options and mine is setting me back 1400.00,but Im looking to begin the end-game phase of this hobby,so heres hoping that my amp needs are completed.

Any other questions and comments should be asked in the Glenn thread....lots of helpful posts and owners over there that know a hell of a lot more than I.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #5,373 of 9,748
There are many appealing factors to the Glenn amp,including a mind blowing amount of tube rolling options....some of which are quite inexpensive,relatively speaking.

The basic amp is 700.00,so a bit more than a 339. I went a bit overkill with the options and mine is setting me back 1400.00,but Im looking to begin the end-game phase of this hobby,so heres hoping that my amp needs are completed.

Any other questions and comments should be asked in the Glenn thread....lots of helpful posts and owners over there that know a hell of a lot more than I.

there are no end game for this hobby...they are electronics. there will always be new comers.. like computer, smartphone etc...better things will come at lower prices. save your money unless you have a healthy wallet.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #5,374 of 9,748

Welcome to the rabbit hole brother! lol

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #5,375 of 9,748
Has anyone had experience listening to Lundahl vs. non lundahl? Is the difference in noise floor significant? I am not really a critical listener, most of my listening is done while reading/studying, so I want my music to sound as good as possible but maybe I care a little less about that last 3-5%.

Edit: wrong thread! Cant figure out how to delete

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #5,376 of 9,748
I recently bought an Eikon at the south florida meet (thanks to Wazzupi), using it with Mojo. I have to go all the way(with volume) to get it going. It sounds great so far, though the bottom end could use a bit of refinement. Is there a portable amp (Continental V5, CDM, Hugo) that can considerably improve the synergy with the cans?
By the way, one word for these cans -- versatile !! ( handles everything from slayer to schubert with panache).

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #5,377 of 9,748
My Atticus is coming in next week. Going to be pairing it with a Mjolnir. Super excited to finally get to check out Zach's craftsmanship.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #5,378 of 9,748
I recently bought an Eikon at the south florida meet (thanks to Wazzupi), using it with Mojo. I have to go all the way(with volume) to get it going. It sounds great so far, though the bottom end could use a bit of refinement. Is there a portable amp (Continental V5, CDM, Hugo) that can considerably improve the synergy with the cans?
By the way, one word for these cans -- versatile !! ( handles everything from slayer to schubert with panache).

I've heard a friend's cherry Eikon at some length/multiple times in my system. "The bottom end could use a bit of refinement" pretty much has to point to a deficiency in the pairing w/your Mojo. The bass is rather epic on my full-size amps (V281, LC, Lake People G109-A), etc., incl. the most & best sub-bass I've yet heard.

My friend uses these a lot w/the Chord Hugo & likes that a lot (of course, it's way more money than Mojo).

Not sure if this qualifies as portable (though it's pretty small), but some w/the Eikon say good things about the iFi idsd Black Label.

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,379 of 9,748

I've heard a friend's cherry Eikon at some length/multiple times in my system. "The bottom end could use a bit of refinement" pretty much has to point to a deficiency in the pairing w/your Mojo. The bass is rather epic on my full-size amps (V281, LC, Lake People G109-A), etc., incl. the most & best sub-bass I've yet heard.

My friend uses these a lot w/the Chord Hugo & likes that a lot (of course, it's way more money than Mojo).

Not sure if this qualifies as portable (though it's pretty small), but some w/the Eikon say good things about the iFi idsd Black Label.

You won't get anything better from Hugo (original) if the amp section is your sole concern. The amp section in Mojo is known to be better than Hugo, which I have. Mojo itself has a plentiful power for such a small form factor.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #5,381 of 9,748
Thank you kashi It was a good ole time we'll try to get more people next time, im glad youre enjoying the eikon as i did unfortunately i parted ways only because i am at canjam to do one thing. Find my end game can ! If it was the eikon no problem the slight discount will ease the pain throbbing from my wallet i wanted to try out different woods too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back