ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Mar 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #91 of 801
You can cut in outside the cup, the reason I cut it inside the cup is because the strain relief was hard for me to get out of the cup.  I didn't want to pull the strain relief and risk pulling the wires that are connected to the driver off the solder pads, so that's why I did that.  

Quote:
Thanks so much for the method. :D I'll be looking to order the equipment today. Also i'd like to ask about the part where you cut the cable. So im cutting the cable from the inside, not the outside of the headphone? Because i read somewhere earlier in the post it was the outside of the headphone. Just wanna double check. Thanks :)

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #97 of 801
can someone please do a video because i'm not very good at reading instructions and would be very grateful if someone could make a video thanks, i would love to do this or someone do it for me

~sincerely Fabrizio ~
L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #98 of 801

Quote:
can someone please do a video because i'm not very good at reading instructions and would be very grateful if someone could make a video thanks, i would love to do this or someone do it for me

~sincerely Fabrizio ~
L3000.gif

Anyone who has already done it is not going to be able to do a video showing you how to do it. It's kind of a one time deal.

Apr 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #101 of 801
How hot was what? If you mean how hard was it, the answer is: not very hard if you have small fingers.
I suggest you look at this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/559367
If that is not helpful enough, go through the thread from page 1 and you will find answers.

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #102 of 801
Has anyone found a good auxiliary cable for after the mod? I was going to buy the beats solo cable with controltalk but alot of them online are fake. Are there any cables that are about 3 feet long, have a L-shaped connector and maybe with control talk? I was looking at v moda crossfade lp cable but they're out of stock online.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #103 of 801

Quote:
Has anyone found a good auxiliary cable for after the mod? I was going to buy the beats solo cable with controltalk but alot of them online are fake. Are there any cables that are about 3 feet long, have a L-shaped connector and maybe with control talk? I was looking at v moda crossfade lp cable but they're out of stock online.

Yes! I got the beats solo one too, but didn't like it. I ended up buying this one and it's PERRRRFECT! Has everything you just mentioned, except it's about 6 ft. There's also a button on the mic that, with the iPhone controls play/pause/next track/prev track on music, answer/hang up on calls, and holding gives you Siri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back