ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's
Aug 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #17 of 21
This is what I think:  In the bus and the car, a neutral-sounding IEM will sound bass-light and a bass-heavy IEM will sound neutral.  I have the Fischer Audio Eternas, which are a really great bass-heavy can, and they are awesome in the car.

I too owned the ATH-M50 and have had the Sunrises and this is what I suggest: get a bass-heavy IEM.

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
This is what I think:  In the bus and the car, a neutral-sounding IEM will sound bass-light and a bass-heavy IEM will sound neutral.  I have the Fischer Audio Eternas, which are a really great bass-heavy can, and they are awesome in the car.

I too owned the ATH-M50 and have had the Sunrises and this is what I suggest: get a bass-heavy IEM.

Sounds reasonable indeed. Urban noise tends to drown out a lot of bass and treble from headphones even if isolation is good.

Aug 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #19 of 21
I am now also considering getting Koss porta pro or KSC75 for portable use...
the reviews are really good and the price is so tempting cheap.

Can these compete with the IEM's listed above?

The sound quality of the KSC75 is excellent and pairs with my M50 very well for portable use but there is no isolation and sound leakage is very bad so I would not recommend them for use in a car/bus/train. The KSC75 are very good for exercising or walking in the streets.

Aug 8, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 21
I can't believe it! My brand new ATH-M50's just crashed on me! the left speaker just stopped working oO.
I tried different sources to make sure and the left speaker really is dead for good!
I can't believe it, after two weeks. And they didnt hit anything in that time.
I got them from amazon directly and resending them will be no problem... i guess i will try the m2/m3 and if they are enough for me I will stay with them for home listening too.
I am speechless.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 21
i have a galaxy s i9000 and m50's. my battery drain is 1% every 15 minutes or so from loud music playing. I have a custom ROM though, meaning that your system is dying by itself, not the music. get DARKYROM (google it) and it should be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back