Aug 3, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #151 of 350
Heh.. too bad I placed an order on the K3000 already
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 6:21 AM Post #152 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
You guys are going loco.
blink.gif

The fuzz made me do it! Now back to our topic -> I really do enjoy the L3000. While it certainly isn't perfect, I find it very seductive in it's sound. There is a nice warmth to it that really gets to me. For me the secret to the AT headphones has always been that they seemed to be an experience with more facets than just the sound.

Aug 3, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #153 of 350
Hey Stevie boy...I see you have found my photos. Ask and you shall receive, sorta.

GPalmer, yes, I like the overall sound sig, too, and yet feel there's plenty of balance between high, low and mid. And I like the location of the sound in my head -- some soundstage, but not vast, but not totally in my face either. There's still some great impact, and I enjoy rockin with these ultra comfy cans -- and they are closed, too so as to not bother the mrs. These fickers were made for me.

Mega, fret not, save up and then get them. I sold a few things to accumulate the rationalization that resulted in this purchase.

- walkman

Aug 3, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #154 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkman666
And I like the location of the sound in my head -- some soundstage, but not vast, but not totally in my face either. There's still some great impact, and I enjoy rockin with these ultra comfy cans -- and they are closed, too so as to not bother the mrs. These fickers were made for me.

That's the great thing about these cans. The headstage is intimate-sized, somewhere between the senns and grados. However, the imaging and depth is so great, it can sometimes give the perception that I'm in the room with the performers. Senns, AKGs, and Grados never, ever gave me that out of the head feeling. And of course the impact and speed is supreme for rock. Excels at slow songs - and excels at fast ones.

Perhaps I shouldn't be comparing a $1500-2k US headphone to the cheaper offerings from other companies - but really Senn/Grado/AKG don't have anything to offer at that pricepoint anyways (for buying new at least).

Aug 3, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #155 of 350
If you didn't get the 'out of head feeling' with the K340's, ours must be very different.
blink.gif

I really hate this thread... damn thread, making me want to buy headphones. *mumble* *mumble*

Aug 4, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #158 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
My L3000 arrived today. #403

Mine are #083. Until reading this thread, I had no idea of where to look for this number.

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #159 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Mine are #083. Until reading this thread, I had no idea of where to look for this number.

Hahaha! Thats the first thing I noticed when I got them.

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:21 AM Post #160 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

I didn't either. I thought it was on the little card that came with it. Doh!

L3000's are currently "fuzzy" of the month (FOTM). But they are not fuzzy. At least not to me.

Aug 4, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #162 of 350
Mine is yet to get here. Hopefully it will arrive within 2 days from now. I would love to get L3000 to listen during the weekend. My W2002 will come in tomorrow though, sadly, I might be working all night w/o any listen.

Update:

The L3000 was miss-sent to South Carolina and being enroute to me now. Sadly, I want be home for it tomorrow...so I might have to pick it up on Friday's evening.

Purk

Aug 4, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #164 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
L3000's are currently "fuzzy" of the month (FOTM). But they are not fuzzy. At least not to me.

What, not fuzzy!?!?!?!? Please Mike say it isn't so, I'm shattered here!
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #165 of 350
Hi,

Number 443 from 500 was delivered last week, that's amazing. I've got mine in consideration of sales start in 2003 only just in february this year with the number 220. Any way, I am still very happy with my choice of L3000. Some weeks ago I've compared them with another High End can, the excellent OmegaII at 717, but luckily a new decision would be the same. I love preferably the enormous dynamics of the L3000, which makes the music authentic to me. The other sensual pleasures (look, smell and feel) from the leather are further quit nice.
biggrin.gif

I did'nt agree with some acceptions for burn in time of some 100 hours. The L3000 needs definitive extrem long time for burn in. Mine was ready to show its full potential first after two month, nearly 24 hours a day playing music. Before the first 500 - 1000 hours I would'nt recommend to give serious rating about the sound characteristics from the outstanding L3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back