Ath-l3000 impressions
Aug 5, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #169 of 350
My L3000 arrives 2 hours ago!!! The S/N is 402/500 and I really like the sound out of the box, although I believe it will improve after an intensive burn in period. Sadly, my SDS is on loan right now.....but my PPA is really doing good job driving them. My W2002 is also here today, so it was excellent trip picking them up!

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #170 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
My L3000 arrives 2 hours ago!!! The S/N is 402/500 and I really like the sound out of the box, although I believe it will improve after an intensive burn in period. Sadly, my SDS is on loan right now.....but my PPA is really doing good job driving them. My W2002 is also here today, so it was excellent trip picking them up!

Congrats, and enjoy! I have never had a can that took so long to bloom - you have much to look forward to.

fwiw, my L3000's are #155, and I got them in January, 2003, soon after they were released. Probably a subject for a separate thread, but would interesting to see how many of the 500 are owned by Head-Fi'ers. I suspect less than half, what with the huge Japanese home market.

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #171 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Maybe that's why I like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Gpalmer=What, not fuzzy!?!?!?!? Please Mike say it isn't so, I'm shattered here!

It's not a critisicm as more of an observation. If you compare it to the w2002 then I suppose you could call it fuzzier but seeming as the w2002 has sterile midrange anyway. But in comparison to other headphones then it is isn't.

I don't notice the lack of fuzz unless I am listening to live accoustic material.

As an all round headphone for variety of taste's it's very good though. But the headphone has great transparency so I have partnered them to a fuzzy amp and now they have the total fuzz factor going on for them.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #172 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
... snip ...
As an all round headphone for variety of taste's it's very good though. But the headphone has great transparency so I have partnered them to a fuzzy amp and now they have the total fuzz factor going on for them.
rs1smile.gif

Mike: I adore the Leatherhead's coupled with my EarMax Pro - great fuzz factor going on there.

btw, I honored to be in the esteemed GoRed sig fuzz club - I blush at the thought ...

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #173 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Mike: I adore the Leatherhead's coupled with my EarMax Pro - great fuzz factor going on there.

btw, I honored to be in the esteemed GoRed sig fuzz club - I blush at the thought ...

LOL, so do sheep!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #174 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one

Yes the Emp is good for the L3000's. But I have been using the l3000's with the Raptor and tuberolling it to suit. I am still in the midde of trying out different tubes.

For the EMP A.E I reverted to the stock tubes as sylvannia/telefunken (which is a popular combo with headfiers) was smooth fuzzy. I hate smooth fuzzy. I like sweet and rich fuzzy.
rs1smile.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #175 of 350
Thank you Tkam, that’s exactly what I want to say with my poor english. As anyone can see, Agile_one gets the #155 in january 2003, exceeding two years later I’ve got mine #220. The L3000 seems to be very favoured in the last months. By the way, I’ve ordered the L3000 at bluetin Singapore.

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #176 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
My L3000 arrives 2 hours ago!!!

nice, talking about the past in the present.
biggrin.gif
you have a time machine? I want to use it too!!

oh, and don't you like USPS? wonder why the package was sent to SC first.

Aug 5, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #177 of 350
All these L3000 impressions are making me uneasy about my K3000 purchase..
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #178 of 350
Quote:

nice, talking about the past in the present. you have a time machine? I want to use it too!!

oh, and don't you like USPS? wonder why the package was sent to SC first.

Alex,
Sorry man, English is far from being my second language. Anyway, thanks for help out on the purchased. Luckily I was there in time to pick up the L3000 from my local post office. I still don't get why the L3000 went to SC first! Anyway, 4 days shipping from Japan is extremely quick in anyone book! Again, thanks.

Aug 5, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #179 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
All these L3000 impressions are making me uneasy about my K3000 purchase..
frown.gif

Ahh yeah, that's typical around here. Welcome to head-fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back