Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jan 26, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #1,021 of 2,727
What brand of headphones is everybody using? I have iSine 20 but would like to get some good cans. Thinking of going with maybe the LCD 2 classic.

Shoot me some suggestions!
People are extremely friendly and helpful in this thread. Im sure many will help you.

As far as i can tell, the i20 should be great because theyre iems.

But as for the lcd2c they may require more power or even desktop solution only. :S ill be getting a pair also of lcd2c but wont be using them on my daps due to power requirements.

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #1,027 of 2,727
I could use some help if possible. I purchased a 24bit 44kHz album from HDtracks and on my AK70 it plays as a 24bit 44kHz but on my SR15 it quickly changes to an MQA file. I am currently using firmware 1.13. The file size is similar to other files of the same quality from other albums so I'm not sure if its a bug or I'm missing something. If it was an MQA wouldn't it have to be included in its listing or album page. Ive never come across an MQA file so i am not sure what to expect but i thought they were considerably smaller in file size.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #1,028 of 2,727
What brand of headphones is everybody using? I have iSine 20 but would like to get some good cans. Thinking of going with maybe the LCD 2 classic.

Shoot me some suggestions!
FiiO FH5 on the balanced output. Pros: tremendous bass, 3D soundstage. Cons: rolled-off highs.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #1,029 of 2,727
I have iSine 20 ans SR15. I would say that they have good soundstage and bass, but after I recently bought BGVP DM6, I realized that iSine 20 were not as good as I thought. Voices are rolled-off a lot compared to highs and lows. I would strongly recommend BGVP DM6. You will not be disapointed, in particular at this price. I bought iSine 20 at 600€ and I really regret now. I thought that they will be my best inears

Jan 26, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,030 of 2,727
I could use some help if possible. I purchased a 24bit 44kHz album from HDtracks and on my AK70 it plays as a 24bit 44kHz but on my SR15 it quickly changes to an MQA file. I am currently using firmware 1.13. The file size is similar to other files of the same quality from other albums so I'm not sure if its a bug or I'm missing something. If it was an MQA wouldn't it have to be included in its listing or album page. Ive never come across an MQA file so i am not sure what to expect but i thought they were considerably smaller in file size.

HD tracks offers MQA and FLAC on some Titles. They both sound fantastic so no worries.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,031 of 2,727
I use meize 99 classics and akt8ieii and they both sound fantastic. I’d like to try BGVP DM6, and kasas pro. I just have a hard time finding comfortable iems and cans. Smaller iems/cans work better for me.

Focal and Sennhieser and beyer and AT all have some great cans.

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #1,032 of 2,727
BGVP DM6 are amazing iems. Perfect match ith SR15. They are from time to time in massdrop. I ordered them from there on December. Planned shipment date was March but I received them after 2 weeks

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #1,034 of 2,727
HD tracks offers MQA and FLAC on some Titles. They both sound fantastic so no worries.
MQA files are much smaller than other formats like DSD. I haven’t found MQA on HD tracks. Where I know they have is on Onkyomusic.com and highresaudio.com

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #1,035 of 2,727
MQA files are much smaller than other formats like DSD. I haven’t found MQA on HD tracks. Where I know they have is on Onkyomusic.com and highresaudio.com

My bad, I thought I was looking on HD tracks and they had flac and MQA as the 2 choices. Must have been somewhere else.

I know streaming wise it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back