1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. Trebor1966
    So you find Futura with Sabre DAC sounds cleaner than SP1000 - it means you prefer the whole sound signature better or only the uncoloured cleaness?

2. Tsukuyomi
    thats very detailed. i appreciate it.

3. gunwale
    Honestly the differences are too subtle for me.

I would probably look at other factors like weight and battery.

The sp1000 stainless steel actually sounded more like sr 15 to me than futura...

I would probably choose futura over sp1000 but this is just my preference.

I would rather spend more on cables than dac if i am looking to change the sound of an iem.

4. abitdeef
    Np I was curious myself, and I could see other people getting more battery life with less volume. Battery is pretty much standard for mid- high range daps. Opus, Cayin n5ii, Fiio X5iii all have very similar ranges.

The new Shanling M5s has better battery life but I like the sound and screen/build better on SR15.

5. Tsukuyomi
    i'm so conflicted lol, a part of me wants to get the SR15 because i wanna try A&K. but another part says i'm tired of having battery draining daps ex: fiio x5 gen 3. that dont last even half a day. and would rather save up more cash and get the sony wm1a that has 20-30hr life at 16bit/44.1 FLAC :frowning2: 75% of my music is in that format the rest is like 24bit or weird 5.1 surround sound albums lol.

6. pilgrimbilly
    Just buy it. Or don't! You've been "conflicted" forever.

At least make an effort to hear it:L3000:

You're in Canada, not Vanuatu.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    buonassi and abitdeef like this.
  7. abitdeef
    I know the feeling, I don’t worry about the battery life cause I have another small dap for chores and active/car Bluetooth use. But it you want a good battery life dap, Sony is it.

I only use SR15 for deep relaxing listening.

8. Tsukuyomi
    exactly, the closest store that has the SR15 for demo is on the other side of the country lol. the only one i've heard is the SE100 but thats because a co-worker bought it when it came out and had it since.

9. abitdeef
    It’s a beautiful little dap :) Just lovely!

Ha ha It needs a good home, won’t you just bring it home?

Peer pressure.

Tsukuyomi likes this.
  10. Pilot370
    What brand of headphones is everybody using? I have iSine 20 but would like to get some good cans. Thinking of going with maybe the LCD 2 classic.

Shoot me some suggestions!

11. Leetransform25
    I don't have much of a suggestion to make (sorry lol), but how do the 20s fare with the SR15? I heard they're pretty good

12. stanleylieber
    Sony WH-1000XM3

Leetransform25 likes this.
  13. shimigg
    Is there any way to enable Developer options on the SR15, I need to enable the "Disable absolute volume" setting for Bluetooth earphones that doesn't have volume controls on the earphones themselves, otherwise volume is really low even when the player is on high volume, half of my listening is Bluetooth, please help... Any Astell & Kern reps here?

Leetransform25 likes this.
  14. Leetransform25
    Jason usually hangs out around here, he should be able to help ya out

15. david632
    I'm using these also , are you using the supplied cable or a better upgrade?

First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last