Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Dec 19, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #676 of 2,727
@JasonNYC we had another Mac user find another interesting playlist thing. I made a new video for your folks:

This all said, I'm a little weary of holding on to the Norma because my return window is closing and playlists are broken for me and a core piece of what I do. Im not sure whether this will be a simple fix or even how quickly AK turns around issues like this.

And pointers welcome.

Get a PC. :wink: :)

Dec 19, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #677 of 2,727
Been listening to the balanced for the last 2 days- really nice. A bit more of everything, dynamics, detail, and stage/layering. Really excellent. :)

Also my unit isn’t getting warm anymore, and what’s weird is I swear the battery is draining slower/lasting longer. I don’t remember that happening on my AK70, but it could have, I just ignored the getting warm part because at the time I had a mojo and was used to gear getting warm :wink:

On second thought I have gotten used to the sound and dialed the volume back a bit so maybe that’s where the perception of better battery life is coming from.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #680 of 2,727
Hey SR15 owners,
First time with Tidal and I got an offer of $1.99 for 3 months before deciding $9.99 monthly thereafter.
Listening to my favorite songs I heard before on CDs. I am curious that to be able to download the songs to listen offline I must admittedly use the Tidal full version, right? Where do I need to download all my favorite songs to? Neutron, Onkyo HF player or anything? Thank you.

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #681 of 2,727
Been listening to the balanced for the last 2 days- really nice. A bit more of everything, dynamics, detail, and stage/layering. Really excellent. :)

Also my unit isn’t getting warm anymore, and what’s weird is I swear the battery is draining slower/lasting longer. I don’t remember that happening on my AK70, but it could have, I just ignored the getting warm part because at the time I had a mojo and was used to gear getting warm :wink:

On second thought I have gotten used to the sound and dialed the volume back a bit so maybe that’s where the perception of better battery life is coming from.

I've noticed mine getting less warm too now that I have had it for a while. I suspect that the heats is due to background indexing - now that I have had it a while I am rarely adding or deleting music so the requirement fo indexing will have diminished. This will have the knock on effect of making the battery drain slower - would have taken a lot of energy to get the thing as hot as it did in the past.

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #682 of 2,727
Hey guys, i'm fairly new here so thanks for having me.
I'm expecting to receive my sr15 tomorrow. So i'm waiting with great expectations after reading this whole topic.
I am coming from an echobox explorer so should be a huge step-up
At the moment i have one question: do you think the native tidal will get an update so it supports both mqa and offline listening?

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #683 of 2,727
I've noticed mine getting less warm too now that I have had it for a while. I suspect that the heats is due to background indexing - now that I have had it a while I am rarely adding or deleting music so the requirement fo indexing will have diminished. This will have the knock on effect of making the battery drain slower - would have taken a lot of energy to get the thing as hot as it did in the past.

Makes complete sense, I thought maybe it was the amplification circuit settling in but who knows. I’d say I have about 50 or so hours on it- give or take.

Dec 20, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #684 of 2,727
We are unable to offer Tidal offline mode on the embedded app at this time due to contractual terms between Tidal and the record labels.

Once the LG exclusive ends, Tidal will release an updated Android app which will open up Tidal Masters to all Android-based devices. This updated app can be sideloaded on the AK player and will allow Tidal Masters and offline mode.

The current Tidal Android app, when sideloaded on AK devices will allow Tidal Hi-Fi playback and offline mode, but no Masters.

Welcome Kenny! Here’s your answer. :) Oh and MQA support was added in the latest firmware release.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #688 of 2,727
Anyone eqing their sr15? I feel the vocals are unbearable at high volumes and the mid is leaking to the bass.
How many hours do you have on it? And what cans are you using

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #690 of 2,727

Users who are viewing this thread

Back