1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Next

Last
  1. gunwale
    Anyone eqing their sr15? I feel the vocals are unbearable at high volumes and the mid is leaking to the bass.

2. kenchar
    My issue has not beem with the vocals but with the bass or lack of deep bass. What headphones are you using?

3. Leftbehind
    Has a Canadian ordered direct from their site ? Did you get hit with duties ?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  4. IrishAudio
    You can order direct from A&K from the US Amazon.com site at the same prices and they tell you the import costs up front. I have ordered other items this way and it removes the unknown headaches related to custom fees and duty. It may try to push you back to the Amazon Canada site but stay on the US site and you should be fine.

5. stephanemtl
    I just ordered the SR15 with a case from the A&K USA website to take advantage of their current 15% discount. Shipping is only $35. And I expect to pay between 100-150$ cad for taxes and duty fees. There are websites that allow you to calculate those import fees.

6. IrishAudio
    A&K Amazon shop tracks the same discounts and is currently $595 USD. Shipping is $11 CAD and import fees $113 CAD which includes taxes, customs fees and duties.

I’ve been tracking this closely as I’m close to pulling the trigger on an SR15, R6 or R6Pro, or if I have a moment of weakness, the SE100, which is what I really want but it’s bloody expensive.

Tsukuyomi likes this.
  7. stephanemtl
    That looks about right. I also ordered a case, which did, slightly, impact shipping and duty taxes.

8. gunwale
    I am using my oriolus v2 iem with thor vw silver cable.

The bass lack of volume and impact.

Basically my eq is put every frequency band to minimum like - 5?

Increase 30 to +2 and 60 to +4 and then 125 and 4k is 0. 8k is +4 and 16k + 2.

Goto advance and change all the q to 4.

It will become very soft but you can increase the volume to get the base up and makes thing more V.

dpwolfordMD likes this.
  9. kenchar
    Thanks.

I will give those EQ settings a try.

Oddly the lack of bass and sub bass is only when using the balanced output. SE is fine.

10. floydfan33
    anyone else having issues with the Spotify apk after upgrading to 1.12? The app will not open anymore even after resetting the SR15 and reinstalling.
    Tidal works fine.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  11. Akteur
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  12. singleended5863
    There was only grey version in USA was on sale on BF and yesterday. I would grab a blue color if there was one! :astonished:

13. Akteur
    And it's so beautiful. I'm just a bit surprised no one here has this version...

14. JasonNYC
    We usually do special editions for certain countries. I have not heard of a 128GB SR15. I am checking.

Please note, if you do not live in the country where this player is sold and you import it, per our warranty terms, we will not honor the warranty as special editions are designed and sold only in certain countries.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
  15. singleended5863
    I wonder why we the consumers in the USA don’t have this kind of special units? That is not fair for us. :pensive:

First

Back
34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Next

Last