1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. szore
    Actually you should hear an improvement after 48-72 hours. If you do not hear warmth, can you describe the sound? Is it analytical, detailed, musical, dry, wet, ???

2. singleended5863
    I am listening to this combination SR15–>balanced 2.5 3rd party cable—>SE535 and love them with forward , tight and punchy sound.

3. szore
    Actually, you're in a cool place; your DAP will be breaking in, getting better, AND your earphones will be breaking in, as well, so you will be getting a double dose of burn in improvement.

4. pilgrimbilly
    Think you misunderstood me! When I say "warmth" I meant as in heat - many users here have said the SR15 runs hot during early use.

More than happy with the sound quality, no worries there. Still improving too:jecklinsmile:

abitdeef likes this.
  5. szore
    Gotcha. When I had it there was 2 instances where it got hot, it only lasted less then an hour each time, the second time wasn't as hot as the second.

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  6. abitdeef
    It does run a bit warm at the beginning, well mine did- but now it runs cool and only warms up a bit when charging- which is perfectly normal.

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  7. stephanemtl
    probably a stupid question:

do you burn in for 12-24 hours non-stop? If so, you do it while the SR15 is directly connected to an electrical wall socket (as opposed to letting it run off its internal battery)... right?

8. szore
    Yes, leave it plugged in and running non stop. I would get up in morning commute listen to music, get to work plug it in and put it in my bag while running, etc. Some people think that every few days they turn it off completely for an hour before a listening session I have done that.... But the essence is you want at least 200 hours "under the hood" one way or another. The fastest way to get there is 24/7 playing

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  9. stephanemtl
    And the SR15 and the IEMs or headphones connected to it can tolerate ongoing running for 24hours with no damage...?

10. singleended5863
    TBH I don’t want the battery is overcharged and getting hot when it is fully charged. Therefore, I just keep listening 4-5 hours every day and anyway the SR15 sounds not so bad right after unboxed and the sound has been improved gradually.

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  11. szore
    Well, why wouldn't it? Your going to be listening to these things for thousands of hours, why would 100, 200 hours make a difference?

pilgrimbilly likes this.
  12. szore
    Sure, but I think when it is plugged in and charged the circuitry switches over to the input power and the battery is 'out of the loop'. But whatever makes you comfortable. Burn-in is inevitable, it's just a question of putting in the hours, it doesn't have to be continuous.

13. Gagaryn
    I've had a few of those moments since I got my SR15. It's my first Hi Res DAP and I'm still amazed at how great it sounds.

szore likes this.
  14. Toddk
    To get tidal offline, I need to sideload the APK right. I updated the firmware. It sounds ok with the few tracks I have but not blown away yet. Can’t wait to put it thru it’s paces.

15. szore
    Right. Drop into the services folder.

Toddk likes this.
First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last