1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    Get a PC. :wink: :)

Ryokan likes this.
  2. abitdeef
    Been listening to the balanced for the last 2 days- really nice. A bit more of everything, dynamics, detail, and stage/layering. Really excellent. :)

Also my unit isn’t getting warm anymore, and what’s weird is I swear the battery is draining slower/lasting longer. I don’t remember that happening on my AK70, but it could have, I just ignored the getting warm part because at the time I had a mojo and was used to gear getting warm :wink:

On second thought I have gotten used to the sound and dialed the volume back a bit so maybe that’s where the perception of better battery life is coming from.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. JeremyLaurenson
    If you watched the video You would know that I have a PC

4. abitdeef
    Nope didn’t watch it, but if you have a pc you could use that for playlists right?

Anyways it was kind of a joke :wink:

5. singleended5863
    Hey SR15 owners,
    First time with Tidal and I got an offer of $1.99 for 3 months before deciding $9.99 monthly thereafter.
    Listening to my favorite songs I heard before on CDs. I am curious that to be able to download the songs to listen offline I must admittedly use the Tidal full version, right? Where do I need to download all my favorite songs to? Neutron, Onkyo HF player or anything? Thank you.

6. Gagaryn
    I've noticed mine getting less warm too now that I have had it for a while. I suspect that the heats is due to background indexing - now that I have had it a while I am rarely adding or deleting music so the requirement fo indexing will have diminished. This will have the knock on effect of making the battery drain slower - would have taken a lot of energy to get the thing as hot as it did in the past.

abitdeef likes this.
  7. -Kenny-
    Hey guys, i'm fairly new here so thanks for having me.
    I'm expecting to receive my sr15 tomorrow. So i'm waiting with great expectations after reading this whole topic.
    I am coming from an echobox explorer so should be a huge step-up
    At the moment i have one question: do you think the native tidal will get an update so it supports both mqa and offline listening?

8. abitdeef
    Makes complete sense, I thought maybe it was the amplification circuit settling in but who knows. I’d say I have about 50 or so hours on it- give or take.

9. abitdeef
    Welcome Kenny! Here’s your answer. :) Oh and MQA support was added in the latest firmware release.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  10. -Kenny-
    Oops, must have overlooked. Thanks for the help

abitdeef likes this.
  11. abitdeef
    You’re welcome.

12. -Kenny-
    What are the best places to download some hi-res music? I've been listening to tidal hifi mostly but i'm curious to hear the full potential of the sr15.

13. szore
    How many hours do you have on it? And what cans are you using

14. pilgrimbilly
    If anyone cares - been running my SR15 pretty much non-stop for 3 days. Haven't noticed the slightest warmth, streaming or otherwise.

15. Trueaudio
    -Kenny- likes this.
First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last