Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Oct 3, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #2,687 of 2,727
Hi

I have a couple of questions.

1. When I go to update it says I'm running the latest system firmware, 1.63. Is that the latest?
2. Store says Tidal is 2.2 and that is the latest and I'm running the latest version. Is that the latest?'
3. Under services I have sideloaded a long time ago version 2.16, I also have version 2.11.4 listed as a open service list. When I hook up to the computer I have the following under Openservice folder, I don't see Tidal 2.2 anywhere.

com.aspiro.tidal_2019-02-22.apk
TIDAL Music Hifi Songs Playlists Videos_v2.16.0_apkpure.com (1).apk
TIDAL Music Hifi Songs Playlists Videos_v2.16.0_apkpure.com.apk
TIDALSetup.exe
XAPK Installer_v4.5.1_apkpure.com.apk

The APK Installer I just installed yesterday.

How do I get my device to the latest version?

Thanks

Oct 3, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #2,688 of 2,727
Hi

I have a couple of questions.

1. When I go to update it says I'm running the latest system firmware, 1.63. Is that the latest?
2. Store says Tidal is 2.2 and that is the latest and I'm running the latest version. Is that the latest?'
3. Under services I have sideloaded a long time ago version 2.16, I also have version 2.11.4 listed as a open service list. When I hook up to the computer I have the following under Openservice folder, I don't see Tidal 2.2 anywhere.

com.aspiro.tidal_2019-02-22.apk
TIDAL Music Hifi Songs Playlists Videos_v2.16.0_apkpure.com (1).apk
TIDAL Music Hifi Songs Playlists Videos_v2.16.0_apkpure.com.apk
TIDALSetup.exe
XAPK Installer_v4.5.1_apkpure.com.apk

The APK Installer I just installed yesterday.

How do I get my device to the latest version?

Thanks

The latest firmware version is 1.63 and the latest built-in Tidal is 2.2 so you are current on A&K firmware and embedded Tidal. The latest full feature Tidal that you can side-load is Tidal version 2.31, which is the last version to support Android 5:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tidal...playlists-videos-2-31-0-android-apk-download/

Oct 3, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #2,689 of 2,727
Nov 26, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #2,690 of 2,727
Can somebody help me please? I have copied XAPK 4.5.1 to my Open Service folder, but the SR15 Services screen does not show it. I have tried a few earlier versions but still no luck. I used to rely on links from Moon Audio but these don't work any longer, so I'm not able to get the XAPK I used successfully before. Should have saved it...

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #2,691 of 2,727
Can somebody help me please? I have copied XAPK 4.5.1 to my Open Service folder, but the SR15 Services screen does not show it. I have tried a few earlier versions but still no luck. I used to rely on links from Moon Audio but these don't work any longer, so I'm not able to get the XAPK I used successfully before. Should have saved it...

This is the one you need. Unzip it first.

Attachments

• XAPK Installer Rush Wars Installer_v2.2.2_apkpure.com.apk.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #2,692 of 2,727
Nov 26, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #2,694 of 2,727
I have successfully installed Qobuz 6.5.0.2 and Tidal 2.31.0, which are the last version I can find that are supported on Android 5. I didn't need XAPK for these.

I have tried to install BBC Sounds, rebranded "BBC iPlayer Radio" which is whitelisted by A&K. The version I tried to install is for Android 5, and requires XAPK. The installation process gives me the error "Parse error: there was a problem parsing the package".

My friend Google tells me that that it could be:
- corrupt file (unlikely, but I've tried using mirror sites and earlier versions)
- installation from unknown resource - maybe related to whitelisting by A&K?
- incompatible with hardware or OS - APKPure site lists the architecture as "universal"

Has anybody here managed to install BBC iPlayer Radio / BBC Sounds?

Nov 26, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #2,695 of 2,727
I have successfully installed Qobuz 6.5.0.2 and Tidal 2.31.0, which are the last version I can find that are supported on Android 5. I didn't need XAPK for these.

I have tried to install BBC Sounds, rebranded "BBC iPlayer Radio" which is whitelisted by A&K. The version I tried to install is for Android 5, and requires XAPK. The installation process gives me the error "Parse error: there was a problem parsing the package".

My friend Google tells me that that it could be:
- corrupt file (unlikely, but I've tried using mirror sites and earlier versions)
- installation from unknown resource - maybe related to whitelisting by A&K?
- incompatible with hardware or OS - APKPure site lists the architecture as "universal"

Has anybody here managed to install BBC iPlayer Radio / BBC Sounds?

Not sure, but the SR15 is arm7 not arm8 so you would need an arm7a version. Universal should have worked?

Update, it's the package name which is different. The whitelist is very specific and done by package name.

uk.co.bbc.android.iplayerradio
versus
com.bbc.sounds

@OldQuad

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #2,696 of 2,727
Not sure, but the SR15 is arm7 not arm8 so you would need an arm7a version. Universal should have worked?

Update, it's the package name which is different. The whitelist is very specific and done by package name.

uk.co.bbc.android.iplayerradio
versus
com.bbc.sounds

@OldQuad
Thank you. I've found uk.co.bbc.android.iplayerradio_2.16.1.11115-5326_minAPI14(armeabi,armeabi-v7a,x86)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk, but unfortunately that has the same error as the BBC Sounds apk files, which have the name format BBC Sounds_ Radio & Podcasts_2.10.0.17558_Apkpure.apk.

Thanks for your help anyway. A&K certainly don't make this easy!

Jan 9, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #2,697 of 2,727
Hello All, Recently decided to get my first DAP, Im not much into this so please forgive my ignorance on the subject (also new to headfi). Would you recommend the SR15 for $215 or the Onkyo DP-X1A for $170? I wont be streaming at all, Ill have all FLAC files on the SD card. I want something easy to work with and easy to EQ. I listen to Jazz and Classical-Like (mostly video game soundtracks) exclusively if that matters. Many people recommend the Fiio and while I have had their products and they have been good the Onkyo and Astell Kerns look so sleek (stupid reason to choose them I know, but I adore the look), My budget is max $215 and I prefer used to get the best quality/price ratio, thanks in advance!

Jan 9, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #2,698 of 2,727
Hello All, Recently decided to get my first DAP, Im not much into this so please forgive my ignorance on the subject (also new to headfi). Would you recommend the SR15 for $215 or the Onkyo DP-X1A for $170? I wont be streaming at all, Ill have all FLAC files on the SD card. I want something easy to work with and easy to EQ. I listen to Jazz and Classical-Like (mostly video game soundtracks) exclusively if that matters. Many people recommend the Fiio and while I have had their products and they have been good the Onkyo and Astell Kerns look so sleek (stupid reason to choose them I know, but I adore the look), My budget is max $215 and I prefer used to get the best quality/price ratio, thanks in advance!

Could be subjective but I prefer how the CS43198 in the SR15 sounds than the ES9018K2M (DP-X1A). I would go for the SR15.

May 19, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #2,700 of 2,727
hi , i bought an astell kern sr 15 128gb , does it exist ? I had never seen it before, could it be a fake?

There was at least one special edition with 128GB, I believe it had a different back design (M.CHAT). There may have been others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back