Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #2,493 of 2,698
I'm pretty sure the Kaan can do OTG from a SSD but try it and see. I have a 1tb SD card in mine and got away with it along with the 512GB microSD. But I loaded it on the computer then put it in the Kaan. After turning it on it went through a looooong scan but then it was ok. It's a crap shoot with 1tb stuff and this player.

P.S. Make sure you format the card in the dap before loading it.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #2,495 of 2,698
Has anyone here tried the Kann with the Diana V2?

I'm wondering if this has enough juice to run it sufficiently or should I wait to purchase the Alpha?

I'm currently using KANN with Diana V1, and when running balanced I was surprised but doesn't really struggle with them. And also KANN sounds better on Balanced output ot my ear on Diana.

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #2,497 of 2,698
Hi all

picked up a used Kann today: delighted! Tried AK Connect and picked up my server no problem, but attempting to play tracks threw up an “illegal mime type error” no idea what this is and Google comes up with nothing. Can’t find anything on this thread...16 or 24 bit, same problem.

Help much appreciated

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #2,498 of 2,698
Kann software is unfortunately not polished and there will be no updates, also hardware (cpu/ram) is struggling a bit occasionally. Sound though is good, I have just purchased Fiio M15, and have to tell software is way better, sound is very similar, not that much of a difference, although M15 needs 100h+ to shine.

Jan 5, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #2,499 of 2,698
Hi all

picked up a used Kann today: delighted! Tried AK Connect and picked up my server no problem, but attempting to play tracks threw up an “illegal mime type error” no idea what this is and Google comes up with nothing. Can’t find anything on this thread...16 or 24 bit, same problem.

Help much appreciated
Try to do factory reset, it might help🙄

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2,501 of 2,698
just giving Kann some love, I believe Kann is going to be a all time rare jewel because of the sound quality
She she’s kinda got some slow but stable software and minor other issues but sq is not one of them

Please note , you need correct pairing and you enter sublime territory ,

Smooth liquid mids , and a velvety sound,, tube like airy soundstage,,
2 gain options,,
eq, useless but AK engineers, ( sound engineers), tune this dap to a natural sounding dap, close your eyes and enjoy
My iem, again pairing matters, right seal tip,, including keeping your ear canal clean, makes more sq adjustment, than mild eq,
My dap, is rich deep tubelike when needed and airy lush, simbent when needed
I will never sell her,
Just given dap some love

Attachments

• 186872BF-427B-46E8-AE9F-2C80FDA0A607.jpeg
    186872BF-427B-46E8-AE9F-2C80FDA0A607.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 99B9E4F3-1082-4AAA-8358-41F8551F4EAC.jpeg
    99B9E4F3-1082-4AAA-8358-41F8551F4EAC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 55ECE985-FCA1-420F-B991-EB3B21887F1F.jpeg
    55ECE985-FCA1-420F-B991-EB3B21887F1F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #2,502 of 2,698
Did anyone have issue with their Kann not powering on? Mine was working fine yesterday. Shut it down for the night and today it won't power on. Tried plugging in a charging cable but no charging icon.

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #2,503 of 2,698
just giving Kann some love, I believe Kann is going to be a all time rare jewel because of the sound quality
She she’s kinda got some slow but stable software and minor other issues but sq is not one of them

Please note , you need correct pairing and you enter sublime territory ,

Smooth liquid mids , and a velvety sound,, tube like airy soundstage,,
2 gain options,,
eq, useless but AK engineers, ( sound engineers), tune this dap to a natural sounding dap, close your eyes and enjoy
My iem, again pairing matters, right seal tip,, including keeping your ear canal clean, makes more sq adjustment, than mild eq,
My dap, is rich deep tubelike when needed and airy lush, simbent when needed
I will never sell her,
Just given dap some love

My Kann got hot after several hours listening, it turn off but after cooled it turn back on, I think this happened one time
Did anyone have issue with their Kann not powering on? Mine was working fine yesterday. Shut it down for the night and today it won't power on. Tried plugging in a charging cable but no charging icon.
mine stopped one time after it got hot,, but after it cooled down it work back fine,, only happened one time

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #2,504 of 2,698
My Kann got hot after several hours listening, it turn off but after cooled it turn back on, I think this happened one time

mine stopped one time after it got hot,, but after it cooled down it work back fine,, only happened one time

ok, thanks for the reply

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #2,505 of 2,698
Apologies if this has been asked before but it seems like this should be possible: When selecting album should all content (internal storage, SD card and mSD card be displayed?

In my case with SD card and mSD card inserted if I select album or artist only the contents of the SD card are shown. I can only see the content of the mSD card by selecting “folder/mSD”.

Am I missing something bleeding obvious to anyone with a reasonable IQ who has read the manual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back