Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Jul 9, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #706 of 1,190
A local headphone store is selling the 1st gen for 975 CAD and running a coupon code for $40 off....... Really tempting but i'm concerned about QC, should i pull the trigger?. Not sure if it has been mentioned but do these respond well to amping?.

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #707 of 1,190
  A local headphone store is selling the 1st gen for 975 CAD and running a coupon code for $40 off....... Really tempting but i'm concerned about QC, should i pull the trigger?. Not sure if it has been mentioned but do these respond well to amping?.

Wait for the mk2 or you will get conned to invest your time and emotion for a fragile product.

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #709 of 1,190
You were wise to make him define his own language. Kudos for this and perseverance.

If I am mistaken and sound quality is also improved, I will sell mine for Mk II. I think the new cable/connectors is the issue but I've been wrong before.

My wife says, "Peter's always wrong. That's what so right about him."

Keep us updated and thank you for updates so far.

We are a well informed bunch of T8 fans who want to be treated as such.

Hi Peter, you really shld audition the mk2 before making a decision, well unless yours break down like the others.

I hope to bring my mk1 + crystal cable to the shop again next week to have a better comparison, afterall the test unit does need some burn in time.

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #710 of 1,190
Hi Peter, you really shld audition the mk2 before making a decision, well unless yours break down like the others.

I hope to bring my mk1 + crystal cable to the shop again next week to have a better comparison, afterall the test unit does need some burn in time.

That's great. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing near me to allow me to audition any high level audio.  My original journey led me to the T1, and I gave the T8ie a try because of the fabulous clean sound of the T1.   I know others with Beyerdynamic (T1, T5, T51i, etc) and having tested theirs, I came to respect the company's manufacturing.  

It's great for you to do a live comparison for us.  Even a slight increase in sound quality will cause me to drool!  That you are doing it with the crystal cable may equal a very close comparison!  

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #711 of 1,190

It is not enough of a discount to risk.  Yes, if it is one of the malfunctioning, you are covered but you will be without it for...6 weeks?  

The first gen will come down in price and then consider you will likely want to replace the stock cable, driving the price up. 

For me, it is worth waiting for 2nd gen unless the price was 50% off or something along these lines.  

Patience...a long abandoned virtue.  

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #712 of 1,190

It is not enough of a discount to risk.  Yes, if it is one of the malfunctioning, you are covered but you will be without it for...6 weeks?  

The first gen will come down in price and then consider you will likely want to replace the stock cable, driving the price up. 

For me, it is worth waiting for 2nd gen unless the price was 50% off or something along these lines.  

Patience...a long abandoned virtue.  

The best deal that I have seen to date, is 25% off, so we still need to be patient for a while yet.  
http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Ecouteur-intra-auriculaire/Beyerdynamic-Astell-Kern-T8ie.html

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #713 of 1,190
That's great. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing near me to allow me to audition any high level audio.  My original journey led me to the T1, and I gave the T8ie a try because of the fabulous clean sound of the T1.   I know others with Beyerdynamic (T1, T5, T51i, etc) and having tested theirs, I came to respect the company's manufacturing.  

It's great for you to do a live comparison for us.  Even a slight increase in sound quality will cause me to drool!  That you are doing it with the crystal cable may equal a very close comparison!  

I will try to swap cables to make comparisons fairer, fingers crossed...

Jul 10, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #714 of 1,190
Jul 10, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #715 of 1,190
I will try to swap cables to make comparisons fairer, fingers crossed...

I agee with Kunlun; this is helpful for us all. 

Comparing the first generation with the crystal cable, straight out, against the 2nd generation, alone, is of great value.  But if you are able to try your crystal cable with the 2nd gen?   Well, this is even more helpful...so in advanced:  thanks! 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #717 of 1,190
  Got my T8iE Mk2 for 3 days. It has same sound signature of T8iE, with a bit sound refinement especially playing Pop and R&B.

It's a good thing then. I like how the original sounds like. Just waiting for MKII to avoid the build quality issues reported. I hope MKII is more robust and solves all problems of MKI.

Where did you get your? I think it's still in pre-order period here in SG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back