Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Jun 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #676 of 1,190
mmm.....just got confirmation from my dealer. AK has one warranty (for the T8).  Process is simple: send it back to dealer and dealer will take care of dealing with the distributor for defective unit.

So a broken mk1 will probably switched with a mk2?

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #677 of 1,190
Mmm.....I think it is possible for AK Beyer to do that since the MK II is priced the same as the T8 and the defective unit can no longer be repaired. Goodwill, perhaps? I suggest raising this possible scenario with your specific dealer. I'm searching for the warranty paper of my T8. Misplaced.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #678 of 1,190
Mmm.....I think it is possible for AK Beyer to do that since the MK II is priced the same as the T8 and the defective unit can no longer be repaired. Goodwill, perhaps? I suggest raising this possible scenario with your specific dealer. I'm searching for the warranty paper of my T8. Misplaced.
$999 upside down is ?

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #679 of 1,190
Fingers crossed now my T8ie just arrived at the shop, it's going to be RMA'd starting tomorrow I guess. If I got another mk1, I'll just sell it for cheap but if it's a mk2, Bravo.

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #681 of 1,190
I tried this in a local audio shop. It's a very good sounding earphone. It feels like the presentation is similar to a headphone. It's very comfortable too. Not sure for how long as I only tried they for about 15 minutes. 

I have been staying away from in-ears (sold my JH-16, Roxanne on storage) because of the comfort and generally lacking the quality (or perhaps just different) of presentation compared to a headphone or speakers. 

I dusted off my JH Roxanne as soon as I reach home and got reminded why I went to headphones-only. As much as the sound is technically pleasing the overall presentation is very far from a headphone and/or a speaker which to me make iems sound unnatural.

Just waiting for MKII to arrive and hopefully they fix the build-quality issues before I make a serious considation  getting this. 

I've been using a DT-1770 ( I like Beyers a lot)  as my on the go headphone. So if MKII solves the build issues then I am finally getting the most compact portable rig (paired with AK320 or AK100+Mojo) I am looking for in a long time.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #682 of 1,190
mmm.....yeah, I really, really, really love listening to my music through the T8. Last night, I had a real blast with it using my ak380 cu, cu amp and AK Crystal Cable Next.............played Star Wars The Force Awakens album. The only IEM in my small  collection that can better it is the Zeus XIV. Suffice it to say that the T8 delivers on its promise. It is the real deal and priced just right.

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #683 of 1,190
mmm.....yeah, I really, really, really love listening to my music through the T8. Last night, I had a real blast with it using my ak380 cu, cu amp and AK Crystal Cable Next.............played Star Wars The Force Awakens album. The only IEM in my small  collection that can better it is the Zeus XIV. Suffice it to say that the T8 delivers on its promise. It is the real deal and priced just right.
AKRapin

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #684 of 1,190

mmm....well,, there's the less expensive Sony ZX2 (at 1/3 the price of the AK 380 cu) which is also a very good DAP and pairs well with the T8 and the very good PlusSound Exo copper (at 1/3 the price of the Crystal Cable Next). I have both systems and enjoy them both. Point is you don't have to go overboard with super expensive equipment to fully enjoy the T8 but the AK system gives me that extra performance that I'm willing to pay for and because I deserve it................don't knock it till you've tried it.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #685 of 1,190
^ mmm.... ok 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 3, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #686 of 1,190
I feel conceded , I've given up regarding getting a straight answer. It's a week since I was told that I should be expecting a call from them.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #687 of 1,190
mmm.....sorry to hear that. I'm assuming you got in touch with AK via their FB page. Yesterday, I posted a query about the AK 70 via FB and FB messenger and, within  24 hours, I got a reply. It is the FB page run by the AK Global marketing team. It is the FB page with the profile pic of the AK logo.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #688 of 1,190
  mmm.....sorry to hear that. I'm assuming you got in touch with AK via their FB page. Yesterday, I posted a query about the AK 70 via FB and FB messenger and, within  24 hours, I got a reply. It is the FB page run by the AK Global marketing team. It is the FB page with the profile pic of the AK logo.

Getting a reply from Alex isnt the issue, the issue is me getting told one thing from Alex only to be told what he has told me is not valid as the distributor in my area likes to do things differently and AK trying to keeping them happy by not help me. 

All I ask for is can they give me a date when my unit will be repaired? They cant even tell me a date! There is some serious communication error between my distributor and AK. 
I do not recommend any Australian to deal with addictedtoaudio. I am not for name dropping but it is one thing to jack the prices of the product you sale locally since you are both the dealer and distributor(there is some serious ethical issue here)  it is another thing to have no answer to a paying customer, only to blame the local distributor for not giving you a reply back. Busisoft is owned by the same guy who owns addictedtoaudio! 

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #690 of 1,190
Mmm.....l've preordered the MK II but with these type of issues popping up, I'm beginning to have cold feet. I'm very close to canceling specially with my audition of the HUM Pristine in-ear monitor (dual armature). All I can  say is I've got a HUGE crush on Pristine. Really looks like a well-built product. It looks and sounds amazing....... Handsome-looking in-ear..........and it is available right now from where I am.......decision, decision, decision.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back