Astell&Kern AK380
May 14, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #376 of 9,040

Ouch, that will probably translate to $3999 USD. I am officially out since at best, I will get $1500 for my current AK240. Guess it's time to finally make my own custom amp stacking adapter with my 3D printer.

It may not. The US is a huge market and the pricing may begin at $3,500, not everyone needing the amp module.

May 14, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #377 of 9,040
I agree with you that $1,500 is a realistic selling price. I was able to get $1,550 a month ago so I could upgrade to an SS.

May 14, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #378 of 9,040
Depending on whether your lunacy matches mine in such matters, 2K is not a lot of money if the result brings you to nirvana. We can never place a dollar figure on the benefits, including health, of our little hobby.

May 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #379 of 9,040
will eagerly wait for review on the SQ comparing to 240 and 240SS.  The price different between SS and 380 is only $500.  if 380 sound much better then it might worth the upgrade.  It seems though that the first review from google translate emphasize on the use with Layla.  Anyone who has both Layla and SS give some review on whether the soundstage depth and width not being there like in the review??

May 14, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #381 of 9,040
  will eagerly wait for review on the SQ comparing to 240 and 240SS.  The price different between SS and 380 is only $500.  if 380 sound much better then it might worth the upgrade.  It seems though that the first review from google translate emphasize on the use with Layla.  Anyone who has both Layla and SS give some review on whether the soundstage depth and width not being there like in the review??

Wait a minute. From which source did you see the 3500 USD price? 

Because from all the sources I can find, the price should be 3000 British pounds ($47XX USD). 

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/astell-and-kern-ak380-portable-mqs-music-player.html
http://www.whathifi.com/news/astell-kern-launches-flagship-ak380-high-res-audio-player

May 14, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #382 of 9,040
May 14, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #383 of 9,040
Custom Cable also states "Price To Be Confirmed"... £3500 anyone? 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #385 of 9,040
Maybe you guys should summarise all the questions you hope answered. I'll see what I can try to ask. There's a closed presentation tomorrow of which Currawong & I are invited to (thanks to Sasaki-san) before the Fujiya Spring Festival doors open. If the presentation doesn't cover the questions you have, we can ask after in Q&A or private session with AK.

When your reply, please quote my post here. I'll use it for tracking. I've been busy with work and haven't had time to read through all the past posts before this morning.

May 14, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #386 of 9,040
Posted on A&k's Facebook page, this Absolute Sound article says $3,499

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/astellkern-announces-new-flagship-portable-hi-res-audio-player-the-ak380/

Also talks of cd-rom attachment

May 14, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #387 of 9,040
  Maybe you guys should summarise all the questions you hope answered. I'll see what I can try to ask. There's a closed presentation tomorrow of which Currawong & I are invited to (thanks to Sasaki-san) before the Fujiya Spring Festival doors open. If the presentation doesn't cover the questions you have, we can ask after in Q&A or private session with AK.

When your reply, please quote my post here. I'll use it for tracking. I've been busy with work and haven't had time to read through all the past posts before this morning.

I think the only question I have is the output power of the DAP and the external amp. 

May 14, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #389 of 9,040

Pleas ask the following:
#1 "How much are the USB cradle and the amp card?"
#2 "Does the amp card improve sound quality?"
#3 "Does the amp card have an extra battery inside? If not, does it drain AK380's internal battery faster?"
#4 "When can we see them on Amazon?"
#5 "How long is AK380's battery life?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back