Astell&Kern AK380
Jun 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,732 of 9,040
I've moved all posts after the above to the Sony Premium Sound MicroSD thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/755709/sony-releases-160-64-gb-sd-cards-marketed-for-premium-sound

Jun 26, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #5,734 of 9,040
  Let's raise some attention, back me up!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812343/tidal-is-coming-to-astell-kern-players

I wish, but... on A&K Facebook page, they answered me the 21st, 5 days ago : As much as we would love to have Tidal integration as fast as possible, we are still working out the kinks.... we currently do not have an ETA of release.... Sorry for the wait! We hoped to have it launched soon. It is just taking longer than we originally expected. Thank you for your patience! "

Jun 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #5,738 of 9,040
Mmm......Tidal is on a wide variety of machines, some I've never heard of and nowhere as widely used as AK players. I don't think the problem is software. Could be revenue sharing??

I never confirmed this but is the 380 based on android? A lot of other daps are almost pure android with just a few tweaks.. Making it really easy to install apps like Tidal. If irivers players use their own proprietary software then that makes it much much harder.

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #5,739 of 9,040
All current AKs are android based DAPs.
My wishful thinking is that TIDAL is not here yet because AK is still working on MQA (which TIDAL will support too) integration.
AK said about six months ago to "watch out for an announcement soon" when speaking about TIDAL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think tidal decided to implement MQA only shortly after that. And why only get lossless streaming when you can have MQA streaming too? Would make sense for such a premium product imo.

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #5,740 of 9,040
All current AKs are android based DAPs.
My wishful thinking is that TIDAL is not here yet because AK is still working on MQA (which TIDAL will support too) integration.
AK said about six months ago to "watch out for an announcement soon" when speaking about TIDAL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think tidal decided to implement MQA only shortly after that. And why only get lossless streaming when you can have MQA streaming too? Would make sense for such a premium product imo.

To be fair it would also make sense to go ahead with their initial release and then implement MQA later with an update. Something is always better than nothing

Jun 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #5,741 of 9,040
To be fair it would also make sense to go ahead with their initial release and then implement MQA later with an update. Something is always better than nothing

Absolutely true.
I have no idea how hard it is to program the app for the AKs. I know their software is android based, but what android.... 
Maybe it is easier to get the MQA version of TIDAL running than programming an update? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back