Jan 31, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #3,301 of 9,041
I would like to share out the Box AK 380 Copper
Source :
AK 380 Copper
Iem :
Fit Ear MH 334 costum

Out the Box Sound Quality compare AK 380 :

High :
On Par with Ak 380 with better rendering and more natural sounding High and smoother and better focus

Mid :
Is cleaner and has better pronounce and sweeter and more natural Voicing

Bass :
Very clean and deep and more accurate sounding Bass.
The Bass Quality is the Best from all AK DAPs i ever heard

Separation :
Is better that the individual music instrument placement more accurate.

Soundstage :
More 3 D like in Big Concert Hall.

Baclground :
The best Black Background i ever heard on Portable DAP

Sofar i am surprise what AK 380 Copper can produce their Best Sound Quality into DAP.

So what you are saying is that not a $1000 player is audible transparant, not a $2000 one, nor a $3000 or almost $4000 one, and that a $4000+ DAP is better than a $4000 one, what is this crazyness? Where does it end? Any good made $100 player must be audible transparent but you all keep buying several $x000 devices which all are not 100% transparent? Why even buying that stuff then. What is the point if not a $1000, not even a $4000 player is sounding how it should. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #3,302 of 9,041

Thanks for that, Mike.  I'm on the fence on getting the amp.  I hadn't read anything that convinced me there was much of a difference between amped and un-amped.  You may have pushed me over to the other side.

my advice with the pm1 do not rely on the ak380 amp at all

I am an owner of both setups:

mojo + alo mk3 B---- great match with oppo pm1

and 

ak380 and amp --- dull match with oppo pm1

i am sorry to see such a great headphone not getting paired the right way. 

Its up to you, but I invite you to at least try a similar setup like mojo + amp and see the huge unbelievable difference you will get from the oppo and I talking night and day difference

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #3,303 of 9,041
  Just noticed my Cu's metal touch is extremely insensitive 
blink.gif

mmm....I experienced the same with both the 380 and 380 cu.. I  just long press on the back arrow to return to home screen. The capacitive metal thingie is just for decoration.

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #3,304 of 9,041

Maybe the mods should require everyone to post what equipment they own so we can go into those forums and crap on the equipment they liked and thought served their purposes.  

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #3,305 of 9,041
Maybe the mods should require everyone to post what equipment they own so we can go into those forums and crap on the equipment they liked and thought served their purposes.  

I have the ak amp and can tell you it does make my JH16, Roxanne, Edition X, and HEK all sound better than through the ak380 alone. I also have an ALO CDM, and while it provides a little more bass boost and more liquid mids than the ak amp (both using ak380 as source), it's highs are not as good as ak amp, and I can pick up more micro details from ak amp then CDM. AK amp seems to be a flatter sound, while CDM is boosted in the lower frequencies.

At this level of equipment awesomeness, regardless if it's an MK3B+, AK amp, CDM, RSA Intruder, etc (all of which I have owned at some point In time), one is not necessarily better than the other, just a different sound. Only your own ears will tell you if you prefer that sound over another. The simplicity and neatness of pairing the Ak amp with the Ak380 is what draws me to that combo more than my other equipment. If you're on the fence about getting the amp, good thing is that all Authorized AK dealers give a 30 day return policy on their products, most with no restocking fee. My personal opinion is that it's definitely worth a try if you own an AK380 already.

Jan 31, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,306 of 9,041
clearly we both do not share the same interpretation of sound quality preferences then, as to me the ak380+ amp with the oppo pm1 is dull sounding compared to hooking up the pm1 to an amp like alo mk3 B with mojo. 

I do not want to say this but the oppo pm1 can reach much much better levels using a solid amp than the ak380 amp

thats my too cents

having both the ak380 and amp

and mojo and alo mk3 B

in my books oppo pm1 to does not match well with ak380 and amp, I give it a 30/100 match

while mojo + alo mK B I give a 90/100 match

its up to others to listen to you or me :)
Dam Dude can't I just be happy with my setup lol.You say it has a dull sound. I totally disagree! To me I think it sounds amazing beside I think $6 thousands for my combo set is enough for me. Money well spent for me with no regrets.Btw their is always something better out their. Like I said before I don't want a stack bundle. Let's drop this ok? Ok:smile:

Jan 31, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #3,308 of 9,041
I have the ak amp and can tell you it does make my JH16, Roxanne, Edition X, and HEK all sound better than through the ak380 alone. I also have an ALO CDM, and while it provides a little more bass boost and more liquid mids than the ak amp (both using ak380 as source), it's highs are not as good as ak amp, and I can pick up more micro details from ak amp then CDM. AK amp seems to be a flatter sound, while CDM is boosted in the lower frequencies.

At this level of equipment awesomeness, regardless if it's an MK3B+, AK amp, CDM, RSA Intruder, etc (all of which I have owned at some point In time), one is not necessarily better than the other, just a different sound. Only your own ears will tell you if you prefer that sound over another. The simplicity and neatness of pairing the Ak amp with the Ak380 is what draws me to that combo more than my other equipment. If you're on the fence about getting the amp, good thing is that all Authorized AK dealers give a 30 day return policy on their products, most with no restocking fee. My personal opinion is that it's definitely worth a try if you own an AK380 already.

Should get my amp sometime this week.  I'm looking forward to hearing it.  I thought about the CDM, but my budget has been abused enough for one month. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #3,312 of 9,041
The copper version pretty much owns the original 380 in all areas. It is a no brainer if one is going for a high end DAP. If you already have the AK380, I highly recommend switching it to the copper version if budget allows.

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #3,315 of 9,041
ok - thanks for answering.

there are too many options now to compare.   original, original + AMP, copper, copper + AMP, red wine modded player and amp!!!!!  argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back