Astell&Kern AK380
Jan 29, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #3,271 of 9,041
  Did I miss something?

"By the time you read this, the AK380 should be able to stream from Tidal....

I wish this will be the case, but.... 2 years ago, Astell&Kern already announced streaming from QOBUZ on the AK240, and.... nothing happened !

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #3,272 of 9,041

I would believe so, But it is not a small remote to place in pocket.  I would not want to bring it out.    I got my connected last nite.   AK380 on nitestand charging.  while I have the remote  next me.    I luv it.  easier to use than picking up the AK380.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #3,273 of 9,041
A dude come on, Louis. That's all right between your ears. I see you making quite some controversial claims but this really goes too far. After I wash my music player the music also sounds more liquid and when I don't use it for days it seems to need some warming up, the bass gets loose when it's hot outside but the treble dominates when it freezes.
It's great you want to help people around here, but saying using a case could make any impact on the sound (same as housing material of the player itself) is really really really 100% bs.

Lol I was going to say the same thing, really. This guy is either trolling or stupid. ( or maybe both, but then ... Meh) Enough is enough....

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #3,274 of 9,041
i am sorry to ask again as i am not good in understanding impedences of different iems and sensitivities

which is a great iem to use with ak380 and is easy to drive like the shure 846, as i am thinking of upgrading my iem but i do not wnat to buy one that is not sounding well with ak380 , for example my sony xba z5 does sound dull with the ak380 compared to shure 846

i am considering

1- adel u12
2- jhaudio angie
3- k10 u

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,275 of 9,041
  i am sorry to ask again as i am not good in understanding impedences of different iems and sensitivities

which is a great iem to use with ak380 and is easy to drive like the shure 846, as i am thinking of upgrading my iem but i do not wnat to buy one that is not sounding well with ak380 , for example my sony xba z5 does sound dull with the ak380 compared to shure 846

i am considering

1- adel u12
2- jhaudio angie
3- k10 u

Get the K10U bundle (w/ SXC 8 cable) from ALO Audio.

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3,276 of 9,041

i am considering

1- adel u12
2- jhaudio angie
3- k10 u

I've the u12 and pairing it with the ak380 + linum balanced was my flavor of the month last December. i'm in search of a better cable as infound the linum to somewhat attenuate the lows and low mids. But damn, the bass goes deep. Details are rich and overall details are there. Can't compare with your other 2 options.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #3,278 of 9,041
mmm.....fellow OCDs: it is a losing battle trying to keep the 380 cu in pristine condition. The metal polish that I have used easily removes discoloration from the copper chassis but the discoloration reappears a few hours later. So, my reco is to just use the Turkish leather case. I finally read the manual of the cu for the first time today (lol!). It pretty much says that you are on your own since copper will tarnish no matter what you do and discoloration or tarnishing is not covered by replacement warranty. Oh yeah: no. 3 on the cleaning instruction says you can use standard copper polish. There. That's that. (sigh).

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #3,279 of 9,041
mmm.....fellow OCDs: it is a losing battle trying to keep the 380 cu in pristine condition. The metal polish that I have used easily removes discoloration from the copper chassis but the discoloration reappears a few hours later. So, my reco is to just use the Turkish leather case. I finally read the manual of the cu for the first time today (lol!). It pretty much says that you are on your own since copper will tarnish no matter what you do and discoloration or tarnishing is not covered by replacement warranty. Oh yeah: no. 3 on the cleaning instruction says you can use standard copper polish. There. That's that. (sigh).

I like how AK screws with their customers.

Jan 30, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #3,280 of 9,041

Good luck on he daily polishing...

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,281 of 9,041
mmm......a really, really good pairing: AK 380 cu + the mid-tier (and mid-priced) Noble Audio 6C (used with the Linum balanced cable). Transparent, very musical and very pleasant sounding listening experience.....taken to another level, specially with female, jazz acoustic tracks.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #3,282 of 9,041
I've the u12 and pairing it with the ak380 + linum balanced was my flavor of the month last December. i'm in search of a better cable as infound the linum to somewhat attenuate the lows and low mids. But damn, the bass goes deep. Details are rich and overall details are there. Can't compare with your other 2 options.

can i ask do u listen to the adel u12 with ak380 amp, or without the amp, and is the stock cable of u12 not good enough?

did you compare it to the layla with ak380 and which is better

at what volume do u listen to with the adel u12

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #3,283 of 9,041

i am considering

1- adel u12
2- jhaudio angie
3- k10 u

Get the K10U bundle (w/ SXC 8 cable) from ALO Audio.

Yes, Noble K10 will pair better with ak380 with majority types of music.

If budget allow go ahead with CM K10 you will not regret with this.

Jan 30, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #3,284 of 9,041
Yes, Noble K10 will pair better with ak380 with majority types of music.

If budget allow go ahead with CM K10 you will not regret with this.

so many recommend the k10 i think i will have to look seriously at that iem again, as the adel u12 distracted me from the k10u

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #3,285 of 9,041

I like how AK screws with their customers.

Good luck on he daily polishing...

NEW:                                                                                                            

NOT NEW:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back