Astell&Kern AK380
Jan 26, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,198 of 9,040
Thanks for your respond back. I'm still giving it a go. Everyone has their own different likes. Haven't said that I respect your opinion. I will give you mines come Friday or Saturday. I just don't want the bulky stack that's all. Still looking forward to getting the AK AMP! Everyone has their own taste in music & and combo sets. For me I'm also running the Silver Dragon V3 Headphone Cable as well from Moon-Audio
Mike

you want an honest feedback that is not to your liking at all

well my freind yesterday i bought the cowon d dap for only about 300 usd and just engage BBE headphone 3, and connected it to my headstage arrow 5tx, and that combo which is cheap around 600 usd drives the oppo pm1 miles better than the ak380 + amp

what a sound simply amazing great layering with amazing tight bass, full bodied, layered

i only use my ak380 + amp for iems

if i put u in blind test I swear to u that you will choose that combo over the ak380+amp in a second

and i did ask 3 freinds to test in a blind test and all were floored from that cowon d + headstage arrow combo

cowon d and headtsage arrow 5tx are the best thing that happened after slice bread for a dam cheap price, there you have it, my opinions are not fan boy opinions thats why I get many ridicules from fan boy memebers. SO take my review as you like

now by all means for iems the ak380 + amp is like no other but for headphones man you need an amp and not this bad ak380 amp

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #3,200 of 9,040
Yes...this hobby itself is... LOL 
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #3,201 of 9,040
Exactly ... Not sure why anyone who buys AK380 would be too concerned about a few dollars' difference in shipping cost. It is like people whining about high-end display cards "consume more electricity" and may add a few dollars to their electric bills. Would people with say a GTX Titan X SLI setup be concerned about the electricity bill anyway? No, at least not me.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,202 of 9,040
  Exactly ... Not sure why anyone who buys AK380 would be too concerned about a few dollars' difference in shipping cost. It is like people whining about high-end display cards "consume more electricity" and may add a few dollars to their electric bills. Would people with say a GTX Titan X SLI setup be concerned about the electricity bill anyway? No, at least not me.

Bubble wrap is so expensive - might make or break me getting the copper version 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,205 of 9,040
  mmm.....my week-old AK 380 is gone. Just got this tonight from Egghead Audiohub:

Very cool!  Maybe they'll have the Premium Silver out by next week! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,207 of 9,040
  mmm.....the AK 380 cu + Alo Audio Continental Dual Mono + JH Layla with Brimar cable = sick combo. Really, really sick! On the CDM thread, I bitched about the low volume output of the AK 240 + unbalanced line-in (3.5 to 3.5 mm) CDM combo. With the cu, problem solved. CDM is now plenty loud even in unbalanced mode.

I'm officially Jealous - Nice setup 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #3,209 of 9,040
OMG..  Damn thing is heavy !!!!!

But OMG..  I think all my other gears is going in retirement after I connected this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back