Ashlee Simpson on SNL?
Oct 24, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #46 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
She cheated, she got caught, and then she tried to pass the blame. IMO she deserves every bit of criticism she gets. With that said,

*points & laughs at Ashlee Simpson*
HA-HA!

Cheated? Give me one pop singer that doesn't lip synch during live events!

Britney spears?
Madonna?
etc.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #47 of 98
the thing is she wasn't doing anything choreographed or anything physical.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #48 of 98
PRAISE!!

my day just got a little better
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #50 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Besides, Ashlee's hotter.

Um...no.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #51 of 98
Did anyone read what's posted on her website?
There were a couple of quotes from a Lucky magazine interview where she said she hates lip synching performances and will not do them, that what she does is real because she wants her true self out there.
If this is true, she got caught big time.

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #52 of 98
1 down, way too many to go...

I always enjoy watching stuff like this, and the aftermath is even better! I can't wait until her band makes a statement (or should I say ex-band) about her little comment
icon10.gif

Oct 24, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 98
I don't know the industry so can someone please enlighten me?

I have always thought that in acts like this, the band has very little power... basically they amount to musician for hire and viewed (atleast to me) to be replaceable parts.

If that's the case, then I can't imagine that they would committ career suicide by *speaking out*, rather I would assume that they would play the game and keep in line and assume that industry insiders would simply know the truth in this kind of matter and wait for the next big pop star to come out and play in the background.

Oct 24, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #55 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger
Did anyone read what's posted on her website?
There were a couple of quotes from a Lucky magazine interview where she said she hates lip synching performances and will not do them, that what she does is real because she wants her true self out there.
If this is true, she got caught big time.

Yeah, I read that last night, but I couldn't find the real interview online, so I didn't post it here because I couldn't validate it anywhere. Actually what made me mad was the fact that she blamed her band, I could care less if she lip syncs because either way she sucks, but for her to sell her band out... that's just wrong!

Oct 24, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #56 of 98
Quote:

no one can do all that dancing and gyrating and still carry a tune

Quote:

You obviously haven't seen any metal bands, in particular, ZAO, whose singers have shot across the stage and jumped about 5 feet in the air all while holding screams for 20 seconds.

I don't know if I'd consider a 20 second scream "carrying a tune".
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #57 of 98
I don't really care much about the pop princesses of MTV and whatnot, but I must say I think Ashlee Simpson looks like a man. A lot of the actress/pop singers do (hilary duff, etc). The Olsen twins and Paris Hilton are of the ugliest people I have ever seen. And I say that without reservation. None of them are particular good at what they do either, but they seem to be so popular. Whatever happened to Talent being a critical factor of success?

I know a bunch of girls who act, look, and sing *much* better than them, but I really doubt they'd ever get a chance to be famous. I'm pretty sure most of us do.

Oct 25, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #58 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
To read what Ashlee Simpson fans (or ex fans) are saying on her own community board, click here:

http://www.ashleesimpsonmusic.com/

and go to "Community" from the menu...

My favorite...

27 years of watching television
10/24/2004 11:28:41 PM - by johhny cage

...and watching ashlee simpsons career crash and burn on live tv has got to be the number 1 thing i've ever seen
thank you ashlee, that was so awesome, it was so awesome i(a 27 year old man!!!) had to register on your ridiculous teeny bopper website just to let you know
and just to let you know, blaming your band for playing the wrong song...what a d*ck! that was a complete d*ckhead move, you shouldve blamed your lack of talent...hoe down? youre the only ho thats down, if your band members have any brains they'll jump ship since theyre captain commited mutiny!!(What?) aaaaarrrggg mateys!!!

Oct 25, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #59 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I don't really care much about the pop princesses of MTV and whatnot, but I must say I think Ashlee Simpson looks like a man. A lot of the actress/pop singers do (hilary duff, etc). The Olsen twins and Paris Hilton are of the ugliest people I have ever seen. And I say that without reservation. None of them are particular good at what they do either, but they seem to be so popular. Whatever happened to Talent being a critical factor of success?

I know a bunch of girls who act, look, and sing *much* better than them, but I really doubt they'd ever get a chance to be famous. I'm pretty sure most of us do.

i think all 4 of them are hot stuff. I agree that paris hilton is not very talented, and ashlee simpson isnt a very good singer, but i think the olsen twins are quite talented. but thats just what i think

Oct 25, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #60 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia

agreed... paris is straight up ugly (her sister, i must say, is quite a hottie)... ashlee looks like owen wilson (again, her sister, though, is a BOMBSHELL)... olsen twins? get sick thinking about them. dont know why they get so much attention..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back