Are you happier now?
May 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #16 of 32
I went from....

HD 202- my first headphone, didn't wow me and wasn't very comfortable but was expected for $20

JVC RX700- was decent but uncomfortable after 5 minute of use

ATH m50- Great headphones but it felt like too much pressure on my head and then starts to cramped up my neck. I gave it to my little brother after a week

AD700- My current headphones and it seems ok so far. I could wear it for an hour before I have to give my head a week

I'm nervous about moving up to the AKG 701s or HD598 because my head doesn't seem to like headphones :frowning2: 

May 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 32
After my expensive journey, I've finally hit a point where I don't want anything more than I have. Yes, I'm happy. :)

What's funny is that I've been more than happy with almost all the headphones I owned, but the D7000 and HE4 are the only ones that haven't given me a need to upgrade. They're just that good.

May 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
I guess you can say I'm happy. I do feel a little bit of withdrawal when I can't listen to my setup :C

Oh is that how you're supposed to gauge it? Do we base it on twitches per hour or twitches per minute?

What about full on black outs and waking up in the morning with a strange pair of headphones on the pillow next to you?

May 16, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #24 of 32

Quote:
Oh is that how you're supposed to gauge it? Do we base it on twitches per hour or twitches per minute?

What about full on black outs and waking up in the morning with a strange pair of headphones on the pillow next to you?

Well I can't exactly listen to my grados when I'm in class at college. I need those notes for that A! (which I got, btw. Whoohoo!)

May 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #25 of 32
I am happy....that Bose does not have any more of my money! 
beyersmile.png
 (owned Triports briefly)

May 16, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #26 of 32
Personally, I'm currently perfectly happy with my vintage Pioneer SE-30's. I keep thinking I'd like to move up in the headphone world, but every time I put on these headphones I'm just awestruck by how good these things sound for a 40 year old pair of headphones!! I just wish they were a little lighter and more portable.

May 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #27 of 32
No, I'm not happy at all.  I am not stuck in this expensive world of hi-fi gear for fear of the anxiety that poor sound quality will induce.

May 16, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #28 of 32
Happy? Yes.  
Happier? Potentially with some Mullard or Amperex PQ tubes.
Happiest? HE-4 to HE-500 or LCD-2 
biggrin.gif

Found the sound I like which required going from the Senns to Hifiman.  Fun ride so far, don't regret having tried the HD650.  
Headphone I would not sell due to price-to-performance?  Cheapest one in my arsenal, FA-011.

May 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #30 of 32
I'm happy with my current equipment TF10, Grado 60 in Beyer DT531, I'm looking for a mid-fi IEM backup.  I've been fortunate that I have been able to try a lot of different headphones with minimum to no loss in the resale.  I think when things settle down in my life a little more I'll invest in an RS-1 and call it a day..I really look forward to my listening sessions after work or during a workout, it's the little ups in life that make it worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back