Are you a console or PC gamer?
Jun 13, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #721 of 969
I love PC gaming for the better (=smoother) graphics and my 3440x1440 widescreen. However, I do only play single player games with the PC which are playable with a controller. I do hate playing with a keyboard and mouse, I miss the rumble feedback and more importantly, I feel like being at work. Ouch! Since I mostly play Battlefield (besides stuff like Doom, Metro on PC), I am literally forced to go console since I'd be destroyed on PC playing battlefield with a controller. I wish there would be more options for controller guys like me on pc, e.g. with special servers.

Yeah im with you, I also understand the whole "work thing". Haha, yeah I still get smashed at Battlefield myself, I used to think I was a decent player, maybe I'm just getting worse as I age lol, who knows!

But yeah hopefully one day controllers will be able to compete with PC gamers and have a fair game. Would also be awesome if cross-platform started to become a big thing, which I believe it is looking that way! Fingers crossed. Then I'll happily stay loyal to PC and still be able to game with friends and family, happy days!

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #722 of 969
I didn't really have time to sit in front of monitor and play games, so I found some games to play on my old PS Vita in my spare time.
Thanks to that and thanks to Techgara's article, I played back the games from my childhood like Lost Dimension or Tearaway.

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #723 of 969
mostly PC games, but i also have a xbox one X. i prefer the FPS games on the PC, Battlefield , Cod WW2, PUBG, etc.... sports games, like Madden, NBA or Forza Horizon4,
RDR2, i like on the xbox. I could never use a controller for FPS games.. people do tho, and they are awesome at it... i just cant do it.. maybe if practice a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #725 of 969
I am pc gamer :) and it's much more comfortable for me and I used to it since I was a child. I got my first pc when I was 12y.o. and I downloaded as many games as could. Honestly it's a pleasure to choose wich game should you play, it's so exciting.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #733 of 969
I was both for awhile and stopped playing PC games around 2007.
It got too expensive for me. At the time I bought an expensive graphics card and some games still wouldn't play well.
I think this was possibly when the Geforce 8400 was considered very good and Half Life 2 was going to be released soon.
I also had to stop my addictions of constantly upgrading my PC. It was never enough and I kept throwing so much money at it.
Now I get only what I need and believe it or not that is a Core i3-6100 :dt880smile: I must have like a dozen hard drives though.
Pathetic that I still use onboard video too and only need 8gb of ram.

I still remember the days when you had to have a 2d AND 3d card to play games!
I remember once having two Voodoo2 cards. Why two? You got to run games at 800x600 instead or lower resolutions if I remember right.
I actually bought a PC because of DOOM!
Remember also those days where it was impossible to run most DOS games under Windows 3.11?

One reason I don't use my PC for gaming is that I need it for work and it's constantly in use. I could multitask, but I do a lot of video encoding and burning of DVD-Rs.

There is another big reason too...My TV is a LOT bigger!
I prefer not to connect my PC to a TV.
My desktop display is only a 24" at a max of 1920x1200.

Sadly no 4k TV for me yet and I was forced to sell my PS4. Hope to score another by the end of the year.
Sometimes I feel like i'm the only person in the USA without a 4k TV! They're so common and cheap now.
No name brands for $198.

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #734 of 969
Both, currently have monster gaming PC as well as PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch and 3DS. Mostly playing Switch, but do enjoy firing up the PC (ironically I mostly play games from my console library in emulators there though).

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #735 of 969
Both, currently have monster gaming PC as well as PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch and 3DS. Mostly playing Switch, but do enjoy firing up the PC (ironically I mostly play games from my console library in emulators there though).
Nice! I've got a 7700k and SLI 980Ti's. I've had those 980Ti's since 2015! They've been great cards but I can no longer run most new games in 4k and even 1440p is pushing it. I intend to drop in a 2080Ti before spring or I may see if they bring in a new generation this upcoming year. I own all the other consoles except the Switch and I want a new Switch Lite so bad! I'll have one before Christmas I suspect. It's time. I loved my 3DS and all the versions of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back