Are you a console or PC gamer?
Mar 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #646 of 969
Yeah, consoles don't have to worry about this as the vast majority of games are limited to tv resolutions of 16:9. If you were playing a console on a 21:9 screen you'd have black bars on the left and right. Unless you manuallymforced a stretched image or cropped the top and bottom with a 21:9 monitor's resize options.

Mar 19, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #647 of 969
Thanks for the post Mad Lust Envy, that's not something I really thought of either. I suppose that explains why in some of those games, I had to increase the FOV - my image was getting cropped. Better looking than black bars on the sides though. I plan to return to 16:9 anyway once we get 40-43" 4k high refresh rate HDMI 2.1 OLED TVs (or monitors but I don't see that happening, not any time soon at least), and the GPU horsepower for such a thing (though by that time the GPU horsepower will be there).

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #651 of 969
PC Gamer.... I do have a question. Are there any issues with selling or Trading Video Cards on Head-Fi?

Only audio equipment is sold here. Wouldn't be much buyers for video cards here anyway. Try [h]ardforum, Overclock.net, Techpowerup, Guru3D, Xtremesystems, or of course Ebay or Amazon.

May 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #653 of 969
I mostly emulate console games, but I sometimes play PC games.
I haven't had a new console system since my PlayStation 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back