Are you a console or PC gamer?
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #616 of 968
Yes, literally everything connected, but only the stuff used for gaming.

Hmm. I'm currently using the following system for both music and gaming:

passive floorstanding speakers: Klipsch RP-250F
power amp: Behringer KM750
passive preamp: Schiit SYS
audio interface: Behringer UCA202

Not counting the laptop, it's a little under $1,000 retail, but the price I paid was significantly lower since I bought the speakers used.

You probably remember that earlier this year I was using an (originally) $1,800 DAC (Chord 2Qute) with $300 speakers (JBL LSR305). That was a foolish combo. I downgraded to a cheapo DAC but upgraded the speakers and am getting the best sound I've had so far. (And that includes much more expensive headphones. Even the four STAX systems I had sound like a cheap toy in comparison.)

Really excited to delve further into the world of speakers. I believe you settled on the Fluance speakers we discussed some time ago?

I only game occasionally nowadays. Played through Final Fantasy VI a few months ago. Still need to play through the PC remaster of Final Fantasy VII (still my favorite video game of all time), which I have but have barely spent time on.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #617 of 968
Yes, literally everything connected (and also the OS), but only the stuff used for gaming. Let's hear your price, especially with the Realiser factored in haha.

Here goes:
PC: $2419.70
SoundBlaster X7: $299
HD800S: $800 (used, I think that's how much I paid?)
Xbox 360 controller+wireless dongle: $45 (MSRP when bought)
2x external HD's: $200
2x Polk Monitor70's: $348 (when bought 4 years ago, used sometimes, I dislike them now)
LG OLED65E6P: $5,434 (WAY cheaper now)
HDMI/optical/USB hub and various USB cables: ~$60

Total: $9,605.7

With Realiser at pre-release price (and minus X7):
$10,906.70

We are in divorce territory if my wife ever figures that out. :L3000: Although she loves the TV so much I think I'd ultimately survive. (It's mainly the headphones she'd throw out the window...) It's basically our living room entertainment center, which some people blow way more on, so I don't feel too bad. Just a little...

Oops forgot G602 mouse and wireless keyboard... let's call it $75 on top. Controller, KB/Mouse are all used depending on the game. Usually Xbox controller + mouse for FPS, controller for everything else. KB+mouse for Civ IV...

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #618 of 968
Yo. I'm both a PC and a console gamer. Crazy right? My first console was a NES 8-bit and my first PC was a 286, it had no windows yet so games had to be launched thru DOS. ^^

My PC is now very much outdated but suits my needs until the update bug bites me again:
FX-8350@4.2ghz, GTX 560 TI(been looking to replace this and return to full AMD since my 7970 broke), Xonar DG Soundcard, 8GB RAM, some SSD's.
On PC I play CS:GO (AK WIZARD @ Steam) and Hearthstone (ask if you wanna check out some of my crazy decks) :) I'm also looking to play on that official Vanilla WoW server once it's released.

On my Xbox One S I currently play Forza Horizon 3, Overwatch, Skyrim Special edition and Call of Duty MW2 remastered.

On both devices I use the DT770 Pro 80 ohm and it's so great for gaming I keep recommending it :beyersmile: just need to find some solution for using mic on xbox while using the DT770's...

By the way anyone else notice how good SQ the xbox one has?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #619 of 968
I'm down to a 4790k/1080TI rig for most everything and a Nintendo switch for Mariokart and Splatoon.

Couldn't be happier... well, my PC monitor could support HDR, but that will come with time.

Feb 6, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #624 of 968
PC gaming all the way. Much more expensive to get into, but pays off in dividends. Mostly in the increased enjoyment and impressiveness but even more in computer experience and a career if you do that sort of thing with games.
Have my custom-built PC, been going strong for 3 years. Runs just as fast as when I built it. All those computers you buy in the store (unless you spend a fortune), last 6-7 months and slow down to a crawl. Poor 2.5" hdd :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #627 of 968
PC all the way man!!!! You just can't beat the flexiblity on hardware and rendering quality.

Yes This. My rig is far from top of the line and it provides a great 1080p image on my 60" LED display. PC game machines don't need to cost an arm and a leg to give graphics qualities that rival the latest consoles. I personally don't feel any urgency to upgrade to a 4K compatible system.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #628 of 968
Have both but always keep coming back to ps4. Just more comfortable to lay on couch and play than sit at desk. Plus on PC I still would use a controller so I'm not true pc gsmer could never get used to keyboard and mouse

Feb 18, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #630 of 968
My game PC is part of my home theater. I use controllers and keyboard and mouse. Depends on the game. All from my couch.

i have 2 toddlers and anything with lights and buttons is like red meat to lion. One day i hope to have a setup like yours too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back