Are Sony XBA-3 worth a 120-ish price? More details inside! :D
Sep 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #17 of 46
Take it from someone who's owned all 4 at some point - Stick with the XBA1. The 3 and 4 aren't that much better. The difference may be noticeable, but the general sound is the same, and you are giving up comfort and fit when you give up the XBA1. The 3 and 4 are so much fatter, bulkier, and heavier, it is just not very comfortable. 
thanks a lot for your comments. Exactly what I was afraid of!

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #18 of 46
Take it from someone who's owned all 4 at some point - Stick with the XBA1. The 3 and 4 aren't that much better. The difference may be noticeable, but the general sound is the same, and you are giving up comfort and fit when you give up the XBA1. The 3 and 4 are so much fatter, bulkier, and heavier, it is just not very comfortable. 

Great Post...

I have been wondering about this for awhile.

I'll pull the trigger on some XBA-1 when I can.

Thanks, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 46
They're at it again! I pulled the trigger on the XBA4. At their normal price I'm sure there are many, many options... At approximately $146 USD... No brainer. And they could be 20% cheaper if I'd paid in one go, but chose to pay monthly. Crazy.

The problem is I have zero faith in this store. I can just see the moment when my new... Blender? Mini fridge...? Arrives... Or worse, when they try to charge a different amount and I have to go in person to fight them...

No problems on your end akaSM?

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #20 of 46
Yup, no problems at all on my side, from the store, bank (I paid using my debit card) or my headphones :3. 146-ish USD for the XBA 4s? Something is horribly right with those prices o_o

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 46
Got the XBA4... At about $146 USD... Strangely enough they dropped today to $278 on Amazon...

They sound amazing, it's a very particular sound signature, I think it's a good complement to my ATH-M50; the reviews make it justice, the one complaint is the price, not the sound quality, but if you find them cheaper it's a bit of a no brainer...

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 46
I reckon unless you need the extra deep bass, which the XBA-4 has an extra driver for, the 3s are a better buy (if not the others). The 4s have only an 8 Ohm impedance which some DAP and phones really don't like.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #24 of 46
That's why I got the XBA-3, not extremely expensive but, not a huge step-down from the XBA-4 ^_^. Also, yesterday, the right earphone went almost silent for no reason at all, I was playing a game in my PC and, the sound of the right earphone went into barely audible levels of volume. I tried another jack (my phone's) and, the problem was there. This morning though, the sound was fine as if nothing had happened...

Does anyone have an idea of what happened?

No, I didn't pull the earphone or anything, it just did that for no apparent reason at all o_O

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #26 of 46
Yikes! I hope my BA-4 don't give up the ghost, now that would suck.

It's a store *in Mexico* called Liverpool, that would be liverpool.com.mx

Still at the low price as of right now.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #28 of 46
It says they do on their site... This is an old style store with little time for their customers... They make a ton of money by selling on credit, usually at twice the prices in the US... How this is cheaper than in the US is beyond me... I gave them my credit card with a lot of trepidation... But it worked...

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 46
Great advice, i got it from $1,500 pesos (about us120) in 13 months no interest, so is less than us10 a month. So far those Xba-4 sound very nice, a little metallic in the upper end but at that price they blow away any contender on that price.

Sep 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #30 of 46
Quote:
It says they do on their site... This is an old style store with little time for their customer's... I gave them my credit card with a lot of trepidation... But it worked.

Thanks for the info. the pricing is very tempting, but the old style thing really bugs me out :/ I can get quite nervous when dealing with those kind of things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back