Are Sony XBA-3 worth a 120-ish price? More details inside! :D
Oct 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 46
At that price it was an steal especially here in Mexico, too bad I didn't notice before, now they are at their regular price, I'm think about getting the xba2 they are kinda cheap on Mixup (999MXN) but I don't think I need them since I using the brainwavz B2, time will tell, Congrats on your purchase, I'm kinda envy, hahahaha
evil_smiley.gif

Once I bought some AKG from liverpool and I busted the mini jack when they were 1 month old, the damage was unseeable so I went to the store and they applied me the warranty without questions it took a month or so but they gave me a new pair.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 46
Keep checking their price, they returned to their regular price a day after I got my XBA-3...only to return to the ridiculously low price a couple days after that. It's not hard since they got it on their site :3

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #34 of 46
That's why I got the XBA-3, not extremely expensive but, not a huge step-down from the XBA-4 ^_^. Also, yesterday, the right earphone went almost silent for no reason at all, I was playing a game in my PC and, the sound of the right earphone went into barely audible levels of volume. I tried another jack (my phone's) and, the problem was there. This morning though, the sound was fine as if nothing had happened...

Does anyone have an idea of what happened?

No, I didn't pull the earphone or anything, it just did that for no apparent reason at all o_O

There's another Yamaha earphone that does what you described, we think it has something to do with moisture or condensation build up.

Has it happened again since?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #37 of 46
Mercadolibre only has 1 seller for the Zip and, I spent a long time looking for it in local stores (also, online) but, the Zip was nowhere to be seen. I got it from an online store called Nettbee, it's in Guadalajara. Hopefully, it'll arrive this week, I have no idea of how fast Multipack is when it comes to shipping.

It's kinda weird...they sell a lot of electronics and other tech stuff but, they got alcoholic drinks, meds...irons?...stuff from hardware stores?

Yeah, they got an...interesting selection of products.

Also, it was cheaper than even the Clip + on Mercadolibre :3

I haven't bought stuff online, unless it's from those free shipping chinese stores, because of shipping and customs costs.

Also...even though I got a Zip, I'm still tempted to get a Clip +, because of this. I don't care if the Zip can do this as well...dat monochrome screen...having stuff running on it is so awesome, not really usable but, still awesome.

EDIT: My Zip is here! It's so small <3

Another EDIT: OMG...this package...it won't let me open it! It's pure evil :<

One more edit: If the Zip is half as durable as it's evil packing, I'll be happy...seriously...what's that thing made of? O_o

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #38 of 46
Those sansa are rather atractive being cheap and good sounding, I  hope you enjoy it with your xba 3, I'm going to keep checking the liverpool site, actually they are going to have a Nocturnal Sale today 25 % off almost anything, but still isn't a great deal compared to the 50 % off of the xba 2 in Mixup (with free shipping). 
If you end up buying the clip+ you are going to be the coolest kid in school with the pokemon gameboy emulator 
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #39 of 46
Quote:
Those sansa are rather atractive being cheap and good sounding, I hope you enjoy it with your xba 3, I'm going to keep checking the liverpool site, actually they are going to have a Nocturnal Sale today 25 % off almost anything, but still isn't a great deal compared to the 50 % off of the xba 2 in Mixup (with free shipping).
If you end up buying the clip+ you are going to be the coolest kid in school with the pokemon gameboy emulator
wink.gif

Check El Palacio de Hierro. I got my XBA-3 from there at same price ($1,550 MX) and 13 monthly payments but 50% offer did not appear at website when I checked there. That was several days ago.

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #41 of 46
Heads up for those in Mexico City: Sony's online shop has the XBAs at crazy prices... Until October 14.

https://store.sony.com.mx/mx/site/catalog/LeafCategory.jsp?category=accessories&id=cat4160155

At today's exchange rate that's $111 USD for XBA3, $138 for XBA-4. I guess we're so used to being !!!ed up that actual rebates seem unnatural?

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #42 of 46
OK just tried one of the bass tests on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH_sUK7hJxE and Holy Moly do these go low well and they really are a nice linear bass. On a down note I apparently can't hear above 10Khz anymore :frowning2:.

The more I use these though the happier I am that i grabbed during the Future Shop sale...

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:
Heads up for those in Mexico City: Sony's online shop has the XBAs at crazy prices... Until October 14.

https://store.sony.com.mx/mx/site/catalog/LeafCategory.jsp?category=accessories&id=cat4160155

At today's exchange rate that's $111 USD for XBA3, $138 for XBA-4. I guess we're so used to being !!!ed up that actual rebates seem unnatural?

Thanks for the heads up my fellow countryman, too bad those are sold out now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back