Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 28, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #871 of 908
Is it the general consensus that the 4-pin XLR CuTECH termination is a tight fit?
I don't recommend the CuTECH. I have 2 cables with the connector, and I'm sending both back to Arctic to replace.

I originally had one cable with the CuTECH and although tight, it worked fine with my Burson Soloist 3XP. When I ordered another cable, I ordered it with the CuTECH too. Roy warned me that he'd had a lot of negative feedback about the CuTECH's fit, but I told him I'd be OK, so it was my fault, not his.

I then bought a Burson Voyager and the connector isn't just tight, I can't insert it into the amp at all without forcing it, which I obviously don't want to do.

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #872 of 908
I don't recommend the CuTECH. I have 2 cables with the connector, and I'm sending both back to Arctic to replace.

I originally had one cable with the CuTECH and although tight, it worked fine with my Burson Soloist 3XP. When I ordered another cable, I ordered it with the CuTECH too. Roy warned me that he'd had a lot of negative feedback about the CuTECH's fit, but I told him I'd be OK, so it was my fault, not his.

I then bought a Burson Voyager and the connector isn't just tight, I can't insert it into the amp at all without forcing it, which I obviously don't want to do.
Alright I'll avoid it then, thank you for the help! :beerchug: I recently tried a few 4.4mm to 4-Pin XLR adapters and I ran into the issue you have with the Voyager, I thought all 4-Pin XLRs would fit pretty much the same before this and don't want that to be the case with a nice cable.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #873 of 908
Alright I'll avoid it then, thank you for the help! :beerchug: I recently tried a few 4.4mm to 4-Pin XLR adapters and I ran into the issue you have with the Voyager, I thought all 4-Pin XLRs would fit pretty much the same before this and don't want that to be the case with a nice cable.
When I ordered my cable, I asked Roy about possibly changing the connector to CuTECH and he didn't recommend it, thankfully. For the connector I chose "4-Pin XLR Balanced AECO AX4-1611R Pure Tellurium Copper Rhodium-Plated" and had no issues with it

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #874 of 908
Just received my Arctic Cable Aperion, once again, immaculate . This is a sleeved 15.5 AWG copper cable. Right off the bat, I noticed the deeper bass rumble, more body, denser notes. I used this to replace my stock dan clark cable. A much improved sound to my liking. Cables not burned in, but instantly an improvement. The sleeve is beautiful and the tight braid adds to its elegancy.

I'd say about a week from order to here at my home. Very fast service. This is one cable, that boosted my pride of ownership.

Aperion Arctic Cable
20240303_090657.jpg

Bonus Picture Arctic Cable Aeris X2. Purchased from a forum member, I mean WOW. Shows the exceptional craftsmanship of Arctic Cable. My firs heirloom audio gear piece. haha

Aeris X2 Arctic Cable

20240301_081304.jpg

Thanks again to Roy and the team at Arctic.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #875 of 908
A while back, I bought the Sonoro cable from Arctic Cables and used it with my Caldera, and I was impressed by the sound improvement it provided. I was debating for a long time what would be next, and I knew I wanted to invest in a great cable for the Utopia 2022, as I witnessed firsthand how the Utopia when paired with a great cable, will provide a transformative experience and take Utopia to unparallel territories.

As such, the decision of where to get that cable was easy, as I had a great experience with Arctic Cables before with my Sonoro Cable, but the difficult part was how much I was willing to spend. I adore the Utopia 2022, and Focal has a big place in my heart for the great headphones they released; I know Utopia 2022 will be a long-time keeper for me, as Focal does not release a new flagship headphone every year. So, with that in mind, I decided to simply go to their flagship palladium cable, the Opera 2.

Here are my detailed impressions about the Opera V2 build and sound quality:

The Opera 2 is built like a true masterpiece. Once you hold it in your hands, you just feel pride of ownership. It’s abundantly clear that the Opera V2 has been meticulously built with a lot of passion and attention to detail.

The first thing you will notice with the Opera 2 Cable is this amazing natural timbre, as if it irons out any imperfections. Also, I was amazed by the increased soundstage and how it improves instrument separation, giving an immersive listening experience. The pairing of the Utopia 2022 with the Opera V2 cable lets you experience what resolution means; I was so pleased with this new insight into improving the resolution of the Utopia 2022 as if layers of sound were being revealed and popping up more into the scene. The Opera 2 Cable revealed the best nature of Utopia 2022, where the depth and layers of the music became so vivid.

Sound Impressions:

Clarity and Detail
:

-When I plugged in the Opera 2, I immediately noticed that the clarity and levels of detail have improved a lot. I literally hear a cleaner and more transparent sound; I can easily distinguish the amazing improvement in the separation and definition of individual instruments and vocals. It immerses you into a clear, detailed experience of sound, such as when listening to Dead Can Dance- Anabasis. The sounds of the birds at the beginning of the song were so realistic and mind-blowing, and instruments floated all over with a great perception of clarity. I also sensed in that song the amazing atmosphere as if I was experiencing that scene myself in real life. I guess this is the effect of the high-quality palladium in Opera 2, which makes everything more vibrant and closer to the real experience.

Mids and Vocal Performances:

-For me, it’s always about the mids and vocals. If that is not presented to perfection, then it will fail my test. So, this is the most important thing that I will base my ownership and evaluation on. What a relief! Using the Opera 2 with Utopia 2022, It passed the test with ease. I am witnessing a perfect vocal experience; the vocals are clear, musical, and rich, and simply Utopia 2022 got a noticeable uplift in performance when paired with the Opera 2. Hearing how great Leonardo Cohen’s voice is in the song “You Want It Darker” and how it comes through is just impressive. I hear his voice delivered emotionally with layers upon layers of depth and immersion. The chorus reverberation in that song is mind-blowing. The Opera 2 just captures all the nuances in that song and presents it to perfection. It is these moments that will let me appreciate the quality of the product and not look at the price I paid. I cannot stress enough the richness and musicality I am experiencing with the Opera 2; I simply adore this richness where the mids are presented to perfection, with the right dose of weight and placement

Bass Response:

Wow, with Utopia 2022 the Opera 2 takes the bass response to the next level and improves bass presentation. It offers a clean and powerful bass reproduction with good impact, depth, and control. It results in a more engaging and immersive listening experience, particularly for genres that rely heavily on low-frequency reproduction. Just playing the song “ Angel “ by Massive Attack, you will hear that headshaking sub-bass and bass impact in an unparalleled way. In addition, Opera 2 will allow you to distinguish different bass lines easily, even in songs with busy passages such as Metal music, whereas, with some other cables, these things can get jammed up, making everything sound awful, with the Opera 2 it takes care of this and allows you to separate those bass notes easily.

Enhanced resolution, imaging, soundstage, and separation :

I touched a bit on the resolution above, and this needs to be stressed again. The sheer improvement in resolution and imaging capabilities is where you can distinguish a high-quality cable from a lower-quality one. Opera 2 reveals small details and nuances in the music, allowing for a more immersive and realistic experience. Again, if you listen to the song Anabasis by Dead Can Dance, you will understand what I mean. The instruments in the song are floating all over the place, and you can identify the location of each with ease. You cannot capture that with lower-quality cables in the same way I do with the amazing Opera 2.

It is clear that Opera 2 achieves amazing instrument separation. This means that individual instruments and voices can be more distinct and clearly defined within songs.

Some may consider Utopia 2022 to have a small soundstage, but one thing the Opera 2 offers is an increased soundstage, creating a sense of spaciousness and dimensionality in the audio presentation.

Improved Dynamics:

Yes, it improves the dynamics of Utopia 2022; the Opera 2 just gives more liveliness to Utopia 2022; everything sounds more engaging and dynamic

Complex and Layered Music:

And finally, most of us who bought Utopia 2022 will tell you it has the best reproduction of layers of sound. Now, with Utopia 2022, you dial that to 11 in experience; layers and layers are unfolded, and complex passages are deciphered with such ease.

Finally, was it a worthy investment? Yes definitely, when you adore a headphone and you know it’s a long time keeper, then buying a cable that unleashes its final capabilities, that makes it a worthy investment. I invested in a cable made by an Artisan made by a top of the line company. Arctic Cables simply offer best there is in quality, performance and customer service

20240303_121651.jpg
20240303_121520.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #876 of 908
That was an awesome review. I also have a Caldera and Utopia 2022 and use an Arctic Euphoria with both, and my listening impressions with the Utopia 2022 are very similar to yours.

I use the same cable for both headphones. It's terminated in mini-XLR, and Roy made me a mini-XLR to Utopia adaptor. Something to think about if you ever want to use your Sonoro and Opera 2 for different headphones.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #877 of 908
That was an awesome review. I also have a Caldera and Utopia 2022 and use an Arctic Euphoria with both, and my listening impressions with the Utopia 2022 are very similar to yours.

I use the same cable for both headphones. It's terminated in mini-XLR, and Roy made me a mini-XLR to Utopia adaptor. Something to think about if you ever want to use your Sonoro and Opera 2 for different headphones.
I also use the Palladium Opera V1 with my Caldera and my Hifiman HE1000SE and yes they are the ultimate audio cables, they simply dissappear...and the best of your Headphones and Amp come through, in my case I drive my Caldera with the Cayin N30LE AP version and it's a joy

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #878 of 908
A while back, I bought the Sonoro cable from Arctic Cables and used it with my Caldera, and I was impressed by the sound improvement it provided. I was debating for a long time what would be next, and I knew I wanted to invest in a great cable for the Utopia 2022, as I witnessed firsthand how the Utopia when paired with a great cable, will provide a transformative experience and take Utopia to unparallel territories.

As such, the decision of where to get that cable was easy, as I had a great experience with Arctic Cables before with my Sonoro Cable, but the difficult part was how much I was willing to spend. I adore the Utopia 2022, and Focal has a big place in my heart for the great headphones they released; I know Utopia 2022 will be a long-time keeper for me, as Focal does not release a new flagship headphone every year. So, with that in mind, I decided to simply go to their flagship palladium cable, the Opera 2.

The Opera 2 is built like a true masterpiece. Once you hold it in your hands, you just feel pride of ownership. It’s abundantly clear that the Opera V2 has been meticulously built with a lot of passion and attention to detail.

The first thing you will notice with the Opera 2 Cable is this amazing natural timbre, as if it irons out any imperfections. Also, I was amazed by the increased soundstage and how it improves instrument separation, giving an immersive listening experience. The pairing of the Utopia 2022 with the Opera V2 cable lets you experience what resolution means; I was so pleased with this new insight into improving the resolution of the Utopia 2022 as if layers of sound were being revealed and popping up more into the scene. The Opera 2 Cable revealed the best nature of Utopia 2022, where the depth and layers of the music became so vivid.

Sound Impressions:

Clarity and Detail
:

-When I plugged in the Opera 2, I immediately noticed that the clarity and levels of detail have improved a lot. I literally hear a cleaner and more transparent sound; I can easily distinguish the amazing improvement in the separation and definition of individual instruments and vocals. It immerses you into a clear, detailed experience of sound, such as when listening to Dead Can Dance- Anabasis. The sounds of the birds at the beginning of the song were so realistic and mind-blowing, and instruments floated all over with a great perception of clarity. I also sensed in that song the amazing atmosphere as if I was experiencing that scene myself in real life. I guess this is the effect of the high-quality palladium in Opera 2, which makes everything more vibrant and closer to the real experience.

-For me, it’s always about the mids and vocals. If that is not presented to perfection, then it will fail my test. So, this is the most important thing that I will base my ownership and evaluation on. What a relief! Using the Opera 2 with Utopia 2022, It passed the test with ease. I am witnessing a perfect vocal experience; the vocals are clear, musical, and rich, and simply Utopia 2022 got a noticeable uplift in performance when paired with the Opera 2. Hearing how great Leonardo Cohen’s voice is in the song “You Want It Darker” and how it comes through is just impressive. I hear his voice delivered emotionally with layers upon layers of depth and immersion. The chorus reverberation in that song is mind-blowing. The Opera 2 just captures all the nuances in that song and presents it to perfection. It is these moments that will let me appreciate the quality of the product and not look at the price I paid. I cannot stress enough the richness and musicality I am experiencing with the Opera 2; I simply adore this richness where the mids are presented to perfection, with the right dose of weight and placement

Bass Response:

Wow, with Utopia 2022 the Opera 2 takes the bass response to the next level and improves bass presentation. It offers a clean and powerful bass reproduction with good impact, depth, and control. It results in a more engaging and immersive listening experience, particularly for genres that rely heavily on low-frequency reproduction. Just playing the song “ Angel “ by Massive Attack, you will hear that headshaking sub-bass and bass impact in an unparalleled way. In addition, Opera 2 will allow you to distinguish different bass lines easily, even in songs with busy passages such as Metal music, whereas, with some other cables, these things can get jammed up, making everything sound awful, with the Opera 2 it takes care of this and allows you to separate those bass notes easily.

I touched a bit on the resolution above, and this needs to be stressed again. The sheer improvement in resolution and imaging capabilities is where you can distinguish a high-quality cable from a lower-quality one. Opera 2 reveals small details and nuances in the music, allowing for a more immersive and realistic experience. Again, if you listen to the song Anabasis by Dead Can Dance, you will understand what I mean. The instruments in the song are floating all over the place, and you can identify the location of each with ease. You cannot capture that with lower-quality cables in the same way I do with the amazing Opera 2.

It is clear that Opera 2 achieves amazing instrument separation. This means that individual instruments and voices can be more distinct and clearly defined within songs.

Some may consider Utopia 2022 to have a small soundstage, but one thing the Opera 2 offers is an increased soundstage, creating a sense of spaciousness and dimensionality in the audio presentation.

Improved Dynamics:

Yes, it improves the dynamics of Utopia 2022; the Opera 2 just gives more liveliness to Utopia 2022; everything sounds more engaging and dynamic

And finally, most of us who bought Utopia 2022 will tell you it has the best reproduction of layers of sound. Now, with Utopia 2022, you dial that to 11 in experience; layers and layers are unfolded, and complex passages are deciphered with such ease.

Finally, was it a worthy investment? Yes definitely, when you adore a headphone and you know it’s a long time keeper, then buying a cable that unleashes its final capabilities, that makes it a worthy investment. I invested in a cable made by an Artisan made by a top of the line company. Arctic Cables simply offer best there is in quality, performance and customer service

20240303_121651.jpg20240303_121520.jpg
This is a horrible review!

Why?

Because now we want to buy that thingy 😜

Great write-up, man!
I once had the predecessor (palladium cable). I miss it. Had to sell it because of the pandemic. But I will return. Hopefully. Loving this brand!
Have a nice honeymoon 👍🤟🪩😎🥁

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #879 of 908

Sound Impressions:

Clarity and Detail
:

Bass Response:

Improved Dynamics:

20240303_121651.jpg20240303_121520.jpg
Thank you, very informative review.

I share your experience with Arctic Cables, they make simply fantastic stuff!

I have the Talos v2 for my Utopia 2020, and I couldn't be happier. Going from a Corpse Cable Gravedigger (picked up from a fellow Head-fier until I decided what I ultimately wanted), I noted many of the same observations you made with the Opera. In the end I wanted the warmer tonality all copper, and cost was definitely a factor. But the build quality and sonic improvements I noticed were all in line with what you reported. The Talos 2 is also a very heavy gauge 8 strand cable, like the Opera. Roy at Arctic told me it's their best pure copper cable.

I also have the Aegis, which I got for my ZMF Atrium. It's also beautifully made, and sounds like a baby Talos. It's very good too!

Mar 12, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #880 of 908
Thank you, very informative review.

I share your experience with Arctic Cables, they make simply fantastic stuff!

I have the Talos v2 for my Utopia 2020, and I couldn't be happier. Going from a Corpse Cable Gravedigger (picked up from a fellow Head-fier until I decided what I ultimately wanted), I noted many of the same observations you made with the Opera. In the end I wanted the warmer tonality all copper, and cost was definitely a factor. But the build quality and sonic improvements I noticed were all in line with what you reported. The Talos 2 is also a very heavy gauge 8 strand cable, like the Opera. Roy at Arctic told me it's their best pure copper cable.

I also have the Aegis, which I got for my ZMF Atrium. It's also beautifully made, and sounds like a baby Talos. It's very good too!
I'll second that! Bought the Talos 2 for my ZMF VC Blackwoods. It delivers absolutely everything I wanted/needed perfectly. I will swap it out every now & again with the Eletech Inferno...which is literally THE best cable I have heard (IMO) That said, Talos 2 stands tall in that top tier of copper cables, and at a fraction of the price!!!

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #881 of 908
Here's another cable I received from Arctic Cable, again Roy customer service is the best I've experienced in this small audio world we are in. I've emailed companys large and small, ignored by a couple on thousand dollar purchases. Roy answered any and all of my questions and was with me every step of the way from even my small purchase I'm about to show off.

Here is my new Arctic Cable Argento Pure silver 4 wire 26AWG. Don't know where else you can get a pure silver customizable sleeved cable for this price.
Edit: Starts at 249 Free ship

20240311_142225.jpg

20240311_142301.jpg

Edit 2: Once again it looks amazing. Fits into my Abyss Diana V2 perfectly. Like a glove, enjoying the look of my diana a lot more with this cable.

I went with my black and blue, my 2 favorite colors. Arctic Cables have a huge assortment of cable colors and you can custom 2 sleeves together.

Again I am happy with my purchase. Roy and the Arctic Team has yet to let me down with these cables.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #882 of 908
Here's another cable I received from Arctic Cable, again Roy customer service is the best I've experienced in this small audio world we are in. I've emailed companys large and small, ignored by a couple on thousand dollar purchases. Roy answered any and all of my questions and was with me every step of the way from even my small purchase I'm about to show off.

Here is my new Arctic Cable Argento Pure silver 4 wire 26AWG. Don't know where else you can get a pure silver customizable sleeved cable for this price.

20240311_142225.jpg

20240311_142301.jpg

Once again it looks amazing. The kicker with this Arctic cables just got in the Abyss diana proprietary connectors, I know at one point only Diana had the connector, now they are allow select few cable makers out there to obtain it, so us customers can benefit. No more having a custom cable with the diana looking like it doesn't belong plugged into it.

I went with my black and blue, my 2 favorite colors. Arctic Cables have a huge assortment of cable colors and you can custom 2 sleeves together.

Again I am happy with my purchase. Roy and the Arctic Team has yet to let me down with these cables.
What was the price if you don’t mind me asking?

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #883 of 908

20240311_142225.jpg

20240311_142301.jpg

Once again it looks amazing. The kicker with this Arctic cables just got in the Abyss diana proprietary connectors, I know at one point only Diana had the connector, now they are allow select few cable makers out there to obtain it, so us customers can benefit. No more having a custom cable with the diana looking like it doesn't belong plugged into it.

I tend to order my cables "naked" but those sleeves are beautiful. Great color choice.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #884 of 908
I love myself some sleeved cables. Gives me that personalized touch. Like my new Aperion that just came in. My wife loves pineapples, little pineapple decorations all over the house. I told her I got this cable to remind me of her and her love for pineapples. A win for me and her. :beerchug: Was able to get a great looking cable for my E3 and get points with the wife. By the way if you haven't heard the E3 it is one glorious closed back. Right there at the top of the chain of close backs, no matter the price point.

Anyway without further ado, I present my pineapple inspired Aperion for my E3.

20240311_142655.jpg

20240311_142802.jpg

I never really talk about the sound of the cable. Cables improving sound is a touchy subject like politics or religion.

What I will say it's no longer Cave man talk, Silver Bright, Copper Warm. What these Artic Cables do is not make it bright or warm, what is adds is clarity, improved staging, dynamic range, it doesn't add ear fatiguing sibilance aka brightness. It makes it, hate to use the word, more musical, makes your sessions of listening more enjoyable. When a random song comes on and I'm tapping my foot and bobbing my head, I realize wow I'm really enjoying this music.

Thanks once again to Arctic cable, with another amazing cable.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #885 of 908

20240311_142225.jpg

20240311_142301.jpg

Edit 2: Once again it looks amazing. Fits into my Abyss Diana V2 perfectly. Like a glove, enjoying the look of my diana a lot more with this cable.

Ha. Crazy complement with Aeris X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back