Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #886 of 908
I love myself some sleeved cables. Gives me that personalized touch. Like my new Aperion that just came in. My wife loves pineapples, little pineapple decorations all over the house. I told her I got this cable to remind me of her and her love for pineapples. A win for me and her. :beerchug: Was able to get a great looking cable for my E3 and get points with the wife. By the way if you haven't heard the E3 it is one glorious closed back. Right there at the top of the chain of close backs, no matter the price point.

Anyway without further ado, I present my pineapple inspired Aperion for my E3.

I never really talk about the sound of the cable. Cables improving sound is a touchy subject like politics or religion.

What I will say it's no longer Cave man talk, Silver Bright, Copper Warm. What these Artic Cables do is not make it bright or warm, what is adds is clarity, improved staging, dynamic range, it doesn't add ear fatiguing sibilance aka brightness. It makes it, hate to use the word, more musical, makes your sessions of listening more enjoyable. When a random song comes on and I'm tapping my foot and bobbing my head, I realize wow I'm really enjoying this music.

Thanks once again to Arctic cable, with another amazing cable.
Such a nice description of these gorgeous cables. Everyone at Arctic cables is so nice to chat with. I hope I will be able to join the club soon again. Have fun listening to your favourite music. With your new cable nothing stands in between anymore 🤟

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #887 of 908
That is a nice cable.

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #888 of 908
I second what most have said. I own 3 Arctic cables and have had no issues with any of them. I do plan to order an Opera but have other expenses at the moment.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #889 of 908
I second what most have said. I own 3 Arctic cables and have had no issues with any of them. I do plan to order an Opera but have other expenses at the moment.
the opera is an amazing cable

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #890 of 908
the opera is an amazing cable

The Opera is a wonderful, wonderful cable. It’s been my go-to cable for my Susvara since I got it earlier this year. I like how flexible/malleable it is and the aesthetics are also fantastic.

The Talos that I also go prior wasn’t getting any love, so I am having it reterminated for my Atriums.

I am loving my Arctic Cables so much, that I also ended up preordering the Euphoria, too. Won’t have that until later this month or maybe at the beginning of May.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #891 of 908
I finally got (and extensively burned in) my twisted Opus cable for my Neumann NDH20 Black Edition, and at long last, I can now say this portable rig is DONE... because every single part if it is utterly maximized in terms of accomplishing its True Portable (but wired) high isolation closed back headphone mission, as well as looking very pretty.

Although the treble is quite obviously less smooth, the overall sound hasn't really become analytical like my old original NDH20 sounded with its stock cable on my Hugo 2. As expected, the iFi Gold Bar is still smoothing out the top end a little bit, leading to a lifelike but pleasant sound. The Cardas Copper cable I was using before this was also increasing the bass significantly, but I now realize it was only increasing mid bass, not the low bass or sub bass. With the Opus, by comparison there is now an emphasis on the lower bass frequencies, so the impact and slam is fully equal to what it used to be, though overall the audible bass is less loud. Having less mid bass is less fun, but more realistic, and the still strong slam means it's still equally exciting.

But the great thing about the sound now is that it's more interesting and versatile due to the increase in detail and the pivot toward a realistic, balanced sound signature, without really losing the "mule kick" aspect of the incredible bass. Now I never once feel when checking out a new musical artist that I'm "slumming it" with my smaller, portable rig, I never feel like the music necessarily demands my more technically advanced main rig with my expensive Chord DAC, Opera Cable, etc.

The improved clarity, maybe in the treble particularly, also makes the wildness of hearing a decent sized soundstage from a super isolating closed back even more miraculous, making the most of iFi's stage-expanding Xspace crossfeed voodoo. I watched a couple movies on this tiny thing last night, and it actually sounds cinematic, not only in the rumbles and booms of the low end, but in the size and scope, in the spacial dimensionality. I'll be taking some more classy photos of this rig soon, like it deserves, but in the mean time here are a couple quick shots.
20240306_182854~2.jpg
20240306_154233~3.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #892 of 908
1000009978.jpg

There's something distinctly euphonic and pleasant about how the NDH20 Black Edition sounds with the Opus, it's like removing the smoothness of the Cardas Copper cable revealed another more subtle, refined smoothness underneath it.

Part of this is that the Gold Bar is slightly smooth, but part of it also comes from the much revered and much despised (not a typo) politeness of the Neumann headphones, either a lifeless blunt, boring deadness, or a cozy, mature accuracy depending on which audiophile you talk to. The extension doesn't go up into infinity like my Rad-0 with its Opera cable, but it goes higher now and resolves and retrieves more detail than before. The Rad-0 has more zing and clarity, despite its relatively quiet treble, but I'm seriously enjoying the way the Opus is unveiling the full Neumannity of this treble detail. I would call it a half smidgen of softness.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #893 of 908
Please can someone recommend me an AC cable for the Susvara, that will retain its warm, organic sound for use with a tube amp? Annoyingly, it looks like I will need to order in the longest 3m length due to my listening position. Price matters, but really I place more importance on obtaining the best sound pairing available.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #894 of 908
Please can someone recommend me an AC cable for the Susvara, that will retain its warm, organic sound for use with a tube amp? Annoyingly, it looks like I will need to order in the longest 3m length due to my listening position. Price matters, but really I place more importance on obtaining the best sound pairing available.
I believe I am using a Pallas with a CuTECH 4-pin connector and it's great, but I'm not much of a cable roller.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #895 of 908
I used this one and really like it.

https://www.arcticcables.com/ac-store/Aeris-p369698263

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #896 of 908

Have you also tried reaching out to someone at Arctic Cables for a recommendation? They are very responsive and may or may not be able to give you some suggestions based on your gear and budget. They are very helpful over there.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #897 of 908
Have you also tried reaching out to someone at Arctic Cables for a recommendation? They are very responsive and may or may not be able to give you some suggestions based on your gear and budget. They are very helpful over there.

Yep, and they also just came back to me (very speedily) with a recommendation for the APERION option for my Susvara.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #898 of 908

Yep, and they also just came back to me (very speedily) with a recommendation for the APERION option for my Susvara.

I absolutely would recommend a copper cable, if you are looking for that slightly warmer sound. Sounds like they did you well with the Aperion. I have the one below the Aperion, the Talos v2, which is still fantastic. There’s a bit more body and weight to the sound than the stock cable or even the Opera v2 that I also have.

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #899 of 908
Hybrid- Definitely the Pallas it is a GREAT cable with amazing sonic qualities once burned in properly. A+
Copper- The Talos V2 is one of their best copper cables that does wonders for the details, highs and overall body of the sound. It will surprise you.
Silver- I would easily say the Opera! But it's expensive and at a long length...YIKES. Consider the Argento. Seriously, you are not settling with this cable. I recently heard this cable on a Meze Elite and it made ALL the sense. Great choice IMO.

I have/had the above cables and they are as described and great choices, depending on the sound you're looking for. The Pallas would be my 1st recco.

Reach out to ROY @ Arctic Cables... He is the guy. Super helpful as well as super friendly.

Hope this helps!

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #900 of 908
Hybrid- Definitely the Pallas it is a GREAT cable with amazing sonic qualities once burned in properly. A+
Copper- The Talos V2 is one of their best copper cables that does wonders for the details, highs and overall body of the sound. It will surprise you.
Silver- I would easily say the Opera! But it's expensive and at a long length...YIKES. Consider the Argento. Seriously, you are not settling with this cable. I recently heard this cable on a Meze Elite and it made ALL the sense. Great choice IMO.

I have/had the above cables and they are as described and great choices, depending on the sound you're looking for. The Pallas would be my 1st recco.

Reach out to ROY @ Arctic Cables... He is the guy. Super helpful as well as super friendly.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, great info! I am sensitive to treble sometimes and so probably would not want to elevate that, whilst at the same time I am one of those people whom can never have enough bass so I am thinking a copper or a hybrid might suit me better than a silver, happy to be corrected though.

A point of concern is that the Susvara I have is a 2.5mm one, a worry is that a heavy cable (I don't know whether these could be classed as heavy or not) might be enough to bend those fragile pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back