Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #856 of 908
Figured I'd update my mostly positive experience with the Opera V2. I should also preface this by saying my Susvara was brand new at the time and not fully burned in. Whether that made an impact or not, I can't say for sure.

I really enjoyed the Opera v2 and had many sleepless nights pairing it with the Susvara. The construction, premium feel, and comfort made it a joy to listen to and interact with. Pride of ownership was very high, as it should with a cable of this quality. There were only a few quibbles that I had and only with certain tracks. I felt on certain tracks, I wanted more bass heft and quantity. After a few hundred hours of pairing the Susvara and the Opera V2, out of curiosity, I swapped in the stock cable, just to refresh my appreciation (as one does) for the Opera V2. I expected the Opera V2 to wipe the floor with the stock, and in some areas it did handidly beat the stock cable, but to my surprise, that bass quantity I was looking for was there on the stock cable, and the mids on the stock was just a touch more natural sounding(not night and day, but appreciated). I was getting a more emotive listening experience with the stock cable, while the Opera V2 gave more resolution in the lows, mids, and highs(the whole frequency range). I found myself using the Opera V2 less and the stock cable more often.
I've also tried the Eletech Inferno headphone cable, and while the Inferno's strongest trait was the mid range (even stronger than the stock cable), it also lacked the bass quantity of the stock. It was also more rolled off in the highs compared to both the Opera and stock cable. So once again, I found myself wanting to listen with the stock cable.
So, while I adored the Opera V2 for it's resolution and technical prowess, the stock matched my preferences and system a little more. Your mileage may vary.

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #857 of 908
Figured I'd update my mostly positive experience with the Opera V2. I should also preface this by saying my Susvara was brand new at the time and not fully burned in. Whether that made an impact or not, I can't say for sure.

I really enjoyed the Opera v2 and had many sleepless nights pairing it with the Susvara. The construction, premium feel, and comfort made it a joy to listen to and interact with. Pride of ownership was very high, as it should with a cable of this quality. There were only a few quibbles that I had and only with certain tracks. I felt on certain tracks, I wanted more bass heft and quantity. After a few hundred hours of pairing the Susvara and the Opera V2, out of curiosity, I swapped in the stock cable, just to refresh my appreciation (as one does) for the Opera V2. I expected the Opera V2 to wipe the floor with the stock, and in some areas it did handidly beat the stock cable, but to my surprise, that bass quantity I was looking for was there on the stock cable, and the mids on the stock was just a touch more natural sounding(not night and day, but appreciated). I was getting a more emotive listening experience with the stock cable, while the Opera V2 gave more resolution in the lows, mids, and highs(the whole frequency range). I found myself using the Opera V2 less and the stock cable more often.
I've also tried the Eletech Inferno headphone cable, and while the Inferno's strongest trait was the mid range (even stronger than the stock cable), it also lacked the bass quantity of the stock. It was also more rolled off in the highs compared to both the Opera and stock cable. So once again, I found myself wanting to listen with the stock cable.
So, while I adored the Opera V2 for it's resolution and technical prowess, the stock matched my preferences and system a little more. Your mileage may vary.
Thanks for sharing this. Interesting... but not necessarily surprising. This has been a fear of mine... going 100% silver. I have an Opera IC and it is fantastic! Details for days clarity across the spectrum and all that... but could I go Opera on my ZMFs? Probably not? I have a couple friends that have the Susvara and they use a copper/silver hybrid (NOT plated) and they swear by this! plenty of details for days, sweet mids and body on the low end + sub. Wondering if you have tried or considered this option? Lastly it is surprising to me that you tried the Eletech Inferno and it lacked bass. That's an impressive pure copper cable. I've heard that it is a game-changer and does things very uncharacteristic of a copper cable... but had plenty of body, soul and low end prowess. Hey, at the end of the day, YOUR ears don't lie and they are all that matter here...

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #858 of 908

Thanks for the update and brief review. What DAC and amp are you using?

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #859 of 908
Thanks for sharing this. Interesting... but not necessarily surprising. This has been a fear of mine... going 100% silver. I have an Opera IC and it is fantastic! Details for days clarity across the spectrum and all that... but could I go Opera on my ZMFs? Probably not? I have a couple friends that have the Susvara and they use a copper/silver hybrid (NOT plated) and they swear by this! plenty of details for days, sweet mids and body on the low end + sub. Wondering if you have tried or considered this option? Lastly it is surprising to me that you tried the Eletech Inferno and it lacked bass. That's an impressive pure copper cable. I've heard that it is a game-changer and does things very uncharacteristic of a copper cable... but had plenty of body, soul and low end prowess. Hey, at the end of the day, YOUR ears don't lie and they are all that matter here...
The stock had more bass quantity than the Eletech inferno, the stock also goes down deeper into the sub bass. At first the inferno had a lot of bass, but after 200 hrs of burn in, it leaned out a little too much in the low end. The inferno has bass, just not as deep as the stock. Don't know how much of that is due to the hybrid design of the stock. I can agree that the inferno absolutely does have body and soul, but the low end was a little too polite for me, and the highs were slightly rolled off. The mids on the inferno is the star of that cable. Mid range has density and hyper clarity at the same time. If that's what you're chasing, it's a great cable. But I'm looking for slightly more dynamic range in my chain.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #861 of 908
Hi, I'm looking into a cable upgrade from my FAW Noir Hybrid and want something that will work well for both the ZMF Atticus and Verite Open which is a bit of a balancing act since I want something that won't won't add brightness to the Verite and also won't make the Atticus overly warm. I think my Noir Hybrid does this pretty well, but I'm looking for an aesthetic upgrade as well as hopefully an upgrade in stage width, depth, and holography.

Right now I'm mostly deciding between ZMF Grand Palladium, 2K Copper, or one of AC's cables, preferably one below $400. I was hoping someone here might have experience with either of the ZMF cables I mentioned as well as similarly priced or less expensive cables from AC and could give impressions on how the cables from AC stack up to ZMF sound-wise. I've mostly been looking at the Talos V2 and Vector, but if it seems AC is the better way to go then I'll definitely send them an email to get their recommendations on a specific cable. Right now I'm mostly just hoping to get some opinions on whether they seem like a better value proposition than the ZMF cables from a sound quality perspective. Thanks!

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #863 of 908
Hi, I'm looking into a cable upgrade from my FAW Noir Hybrid and want something that will work well for both the ZMF Atticus and Verite Open which is a bit of a balancing act since I want something that won't won't add brightness to the Verite and also won't make the Atticus overly warm. I think my Noir Hybrid does this pretty well, but I'm looking for an aesthetic upgrade as well as hopefully an upgrade in stage width, depth, and holography.

Right now I'm mostly deciding between ZMF Grand Palladium, 2K Copper, or one of AC's cables, preferably one below $400. I was hoping someone here might have experience with either of the ZMF cables I mentioned as well as similarly priced or less expensive cables from AC and could give impressions on how the cables from AC stack up to ZMF sound-wise. I've mostly been looking at the Talos V2 and Vector, but if it seems AC is the better way to go then I'll definitely send them an email to get their recommendations on a specific cable. Right now I'm mostly just hoping to get some opinions on whether they seem like a better value proposition than the ZMF cables from a sound quality perspective. Thanks!
I have the Talos V2 on my VCs… it’s a perfect match for what I was looking for in terms of sound. Rich, deep bass, smoothed out treble, great detail and holographics galore!! It’s a great cable. I am also very curious about the Grand Palladium (Silver) I have heard VERY good things about it…

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #865 of 908

My recommendation is the Arctic Cables Palladium 7n-Silver the Opera, they are the ultimate Cables they simply dissappear and let your Amp and Headphone speak directly. I have the ZMF Palladium
1000092622.jpg
copper that I bought with my wonderful ZMF Caldera
But the Arctic Cable Opera is absolutely amazing and effortless allowing the ZMF Caldera to truly reach its maximum expression..bigger Soundstage, nuance, speed and detail and layering ....

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #866 of 908
My recommendation is the Arctic Cables Palladium 7n-Silver the Opera, they are the ultimate Cables they simply dissappear and let your Amp and Headphone speak directly. I have the ZMF Palladium 1000092622.jpgcopper that I bought with my wonderful ZMF Caldera
But the Arctic Cable Opera is absolutely amazing and effortless allowing the ZMF Caldera to truly reach its maximum expression..bigger Soundstage, nuance, speed and detail and layering ....

Love the Opera, such a wonderful cable!

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #867 of 908
My recommendation is the Arctic Cables Palladium 7n-Silver the Opera, they are the ultimate Cables they simply dissappear and let your Amp and Headphone speak directly. I have the ZMF Palladium 1000092622.jpgcopper that I bought with my wonderful ZMF Caldera
The Opera seems amazing but it's way out of my $300-400 budget :cry:

I contacted Roy and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Talos V2!

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #868 of 908
Just wanted to showoff my newely purchased Arctic Cable Sonoro, amazing craftsmanship. I haven't been this impress with a audiophile purchase in a while. When I saw how impressive the holo spring looked, I was hooked. I get the same feelings with these cables. This will be the most beautiful piece of your audiophile gear. Can't touch on sound at all, will have to burn the cable in for a while. But, if your not a sound believer, you are a beauty believer, and its pretty apparent how great this cable looks.

I ordered a few more cables for my headphones, will post when I receive them.

I placed my order and within no time it was at my door. From Florida to Hawaii, great service. Roy is the best, I had so many changes within my order and he complemented each and everytime. Great experience through and through.

Thanks Roy from Arctic Cable, you now have another loyal customer.

20240223_155022.jpg
Beautiful!

20240223_155158.jpg
Size comparison with another cable I have laying around.

20240223_171610.jpg
Perfection!

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #869 of 908
Is it the general consensus that the 4-pin XLR CuTECH termination is a tight fit? Seems to be what I'm seeing so far in the thread from CuTECH owners. I'm looking to get an Arctic cable and just trying to decide between CuTECH and AECO right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back