Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #901 of 910
Thank you, great info! I am sensitive to treble sometimes and so probably would not want to elevate that, whilst at the same time I am one of those people whom can never have enough bass so I am thinking a copper or a hybrid might suit me better than a silver, happy to be corrected though.

A point of concern is that the Susvara I have is a 2.5mm one, a worry is that a heavy cable (I don't know whether these could be classed as heavy or not) might be enough to bend those fragile pins.

The Aperion and the Talos are on the larger size. Not sure about the Pallas. The Opera is a smaller gauge cable compared to either of those, if that is a huge concern. I’m just a bit treble sensitive also and I use the Opera with my system without any issues. It doesn’t make things sharper really, it has opened things up. It sounds leaner relative to a pure copper, though, so it seems your best bet is still sticking to the copper offerings.

Apr 16, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #902 of 910
Thank you, great info! I am sensitive to treble sometimes and so probably would not want to elevate that, whilst at the same time I am one of those people whom can never have enough bass so I am thinking a copper or a hybrid might suit me better than a silver, happy to be corrected though.

A point of concern is that the Susvara I have is a 2.5mm one, a worry is that a heavy cable (I don't know whether these could be classed as heavy or not) might be enough to bend those fragile pins.
Got it. I too do NOT like anything bright. Love those details tho...and a big more bass and body to my music. That said, the Talos V2 would make a bit more sense. It's not a thin cable, but it's not super weighty and probably would would work just fine, even with your needed length. I would defer to Roy @ Arctic to confirm this. The Pallas does feels lighter to me. Mine has a black cloth sleeve for what it's worth and it feels slightly lighter? This cable is silver strands and copper strands, not plated (which is a good thing) will it provide more bass response than the Talos? I would say no. Talos is a very high grade 100% copper with no silver strands. It will give you a bit more bass, body and depth in comparison...

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #903 of 910
Please can someone recommend me an AC cable for the Susvara, that will retain its warm, organic sound for use with a tube amp? Annoyingly, it looks like I will need to order in the longest 3m length due to my listening position. Price matters, but really I place more importance on obtaining the best sound pairing available.
I would choose the opera 2

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #904 of 910
Hi! I am a new member and just post my first discussion here after my introduction.
I am not sure if my photos are correctly posted in the above posting. I can see those photos from my computer but not sure if they are posted successfully?
Could someone kindly check and let me know in case I need to re-do the photos.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Rob

I'm unable to see your photos.

I recently purchased a 10ft Euphoria cable, will post pics soon!

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #905 of 910
I'm unable to see your photos.

I recently purchased a 10ft Euphoria cable, will post pics soon!

10 foot?! Holy hell that’s impressive! I ordered a 4 ft Euphoria myself. Looking forward to getting that in a couple weeks (hopefully).

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #906 of 910
I have the one below the Aperion, the Talos v2, which is still fantastic.
I bought one as well for my D8Kpro... looks nice doesn't it?
(dark version w cherry wood)
IMG_20240422_145028~2 (1).jpg

weave is solid and feels great, flexible enough @ 6" and thick, no microphonics when thouching clothes, like it's sound slightly better then my Lavri Grand with D8Kpro, cheaper than Grand (pure silver)

The Talos V2 is one of their... (THE?) ...best copper cables that does wonders for the details, highs and overall body of the sound. It will surprise you.
💯!!!

BUT THIS???

IMG_20240422_150719~2.jpg

is from what I've seen the worst choice of alternative 3.5mm Final plugs!
Seriousley? That's what they decide on using? 🤯😭😵‍💫

Lavri which I have is elegant and dissappears inside the cup, Norne and Viking Weave have OGs with locking mechanism, don't know about Forza or others.

Never like ordering from overseas because now I will send it back for retermination when I get another HP which I want to use with an aftermarket cable. At least on the service card it states that reterminations are free of labour cost.

Funny enough I'm almost 💯 next cable will be from AC again... maybe zmf September?
Enjoy the HP even more so w this cable! 👀🙈

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #907 of 910
Hi guys,

We will have the proprietary D8000 Pro 3.5mm connectors with the locking part next week.

If anyone is interested in re-terminating their AC cable to the proprietary Final Audio connectors with the locking part, they can send it in, and we'll re-terminate their cable free of charge.

Arctic Cables Stay updated on Arctic Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61550304132060 https://www.instagram.com/arcticcables/ https://www.arcticcables.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@arcticcables8781 info@arcticcables.com
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #908 of 910
So, I just did a direct A-B comparison battle between the NDH20 Black Edition with Opus/Micro iDSD Finale, and Rad-0 with Opera/Hugo 2. Of course, the Rad-0 eventually won this battle, but the interesting thing was, the area where the NDH20 came closest was the raw detail retrieval. The Micro Finale has a more detailed amp and dac vs the Gold Bar, and the Opus made that difference pretty obvious.

The superiority of the more expensive Rad-0/Opera rig was evident in the micro details (most clearly in the treble), but more than that, it manifested as a kind of organic aliveness, or perhaps "correctness" with the cheaper headphone presenting its respectably ample amount of detail in a comparatively fake/plastic/lifeless manner. The Rad-0's treble is simultaneously smoother and more precisely defined than the Neumanns, it feels like comparing a wig to a real head of beautiful, vibrant hair. It's like, do you want to eat a cookie or just be handed a plastic toy cookie?

I can't say the NDH20 wasn't showing me every single micro detail in the recording: it pretty much was! Maybe not all the "plankton", but micro details for sure. But the Rad-0 (and of course, the Hugo 2) could actually take those details and from them reconstruct the cumulative, wholistic magic of the soundwaves and razzle dazzle my ears with said magic. It was a kind of accuracy or realism that differs from what I think of as clarity/detail/precision, different even from "refinement" or sophistication. My ears immediately recognized what my words here fail to adequately describe: a certain fidelity inclusive of detail, but not limited to it.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #909 of 910
BUT THIS???

is from what I've seen the worst choice of alternative 3.5mm Final plugs!
Seriousley? That's what they decide on using? 🤯😭😵‍💫

Lavri which I have is elegant and dissappears inside the cup, Norne and Viking Weave have OGs with locking mechanism, don't know about Forza or others.

I actually had a similar issue with the AC branded 3.5mm connectors on my Focals, and boy, did it kick my OCD into overdrive. They should definitely keep track of these or put a disclaimer that these particular connectors sometimes don't fit flush all the way on certain headphones. However, they worked with me to resolve the issue and make it right. Arctic Cables continue to impress me, and I'll definitely keep buying cables from them. Top notch quality and service.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #910 of 910
and boy, did it kick my OCD into overdrive.
funny, yeah sonically and "rest of build" (and something else) also will have my buy another AC if I'll get a HP which "needs" an aftermarket cable.
Just look at the first response to my post! Right on it! I just need to figure out if sending it there and back will be worth it. Considering the level of OCD overdrive mode triggered...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back